What are you playing? Thread 2.0

Werthead

Got a link on this? I thought the three DLC packages that were out were all that were planned.

I think I mentioned it in the FO3 thread last week. The DLCs have been decent so far, although I think they released them in the wrong order. Broken Steel should have come out first so people who'd maxed out their levels in FO3 could carry on straight away and then use Operation Anchorage and The Pitt. To get higher up. I haven't started The Pitt yet but being about halfway through Level 26 at the moment, I should get to 27 before I finish that, which leaves three more levels for the last two expansions (and I wouldn't be surprised to see one last one added, they're not going to release Mothership Zeta in a box by itself).

Looking forward far more to New Vegas, though I suspect that's 12+ months away. The FO3 engine + Obsidian's writing abilities (including some of the original design team from FO1 & FO2)? Sounds good to me.

I know I'm super late to the party, but I started playing Team Fortress 2 and it owns. I played it in the Orange Box on the 360, but I didn't like it there, and it's way better as a PC game.

It's on a free weekend on Steam this weekend, if anyone's thinking of trying it, and 50% off ($10) for the same duration.

I am playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. The Shadow of Chernobyl now. A wonderful FPS/RPG game. Personally for me this game looks very similiar to Fallot 3, though S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was released a year before Fallot 3. There are some weak points like weak role-playing element but also it has a big advantage - the gunwork is excellent, much better than in Fallout and also the world of Chernobyl Zone seems to me much more "real" than the world of Wasteland with its generic landscapes.

In my opinion the ideal game would be a combination of two - with Fallout's role-playing system and with Stalker's gunwork and with the world which would be as detailed and as developed as it is done in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

I just finished Dreamfall:Longest Journey and Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy. Dreamfall was quite dissapointing as a game, I expected it would be more similar to LJ, but it was more interactive movie than adventure. I swear that there was no need to use brain during the game. The voice, story and atmosphere were all excellent though. I liked the cliffhanger ending a lot.

Fahrenheit was really cool, very original game. Too bad the story has gone downhill in last parts of the game, as if creators ran out of money/time during the production. More adventure elements (like in first chapters) would be nice too. Still very good game, the opening chapter - the murder in toilet room - was one of the best opening scenes ever.

I just finished Dreamfall:Longest Journey and Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy. Dreamfall was quite dissapointing as a game, I expected it would be more similar to LJ, but it was more interactive movie than adventure. I swear that there was no need to use brain during the game. The voice, story and atmosphere were all excellent though. I liked the cliffhanger ending a lot.

...except the resolution to that 'cliffhanger' is a long time coming (if it's coming at all).

There was talk about making an episodic sequel to Dreamfall but no release dates have been set yet.

Well, my first foray into the Freespace 2 mod world, Blue Planet, was somewhat disappointing. The story just isn't very good, and is frequently actively painful. So I abandoned that and switched to Derelict, which has so far been very good. Not quite up to the official campaigns, but not all that far off.

Since Saturday, when I started on TF2's free weekend, I've played 11.3 hours, and I bought the game on the first day. Four hours of that are from this morning, when I woke up at 7:00 and immediately started playing. I think I have a problem.

Any of you lot still playing it? Post Steam account names, I love playing with people I know. I've played with Minaku and Schneeble so far. And lit their asses on fire.

When you buy cheap you get cheap, I guess is the rule of thumb. My XBox 360 has indeed begun to exhibit unfortunate technical difficulties. I managed to get a fair way into GTA 4 (I'm near the end of the game) and then suddenly it started freezing up, with these static lines crossing the screen vertically. I rebooted by XBox, and shortly the lines came again. I then tried another game, and for a while things were good, but then the lines showed up again.

I haven't encountered the red rings of death, but fuck if I'm going to have my playing experience constantly limited like this. Fortunately the XBox is under warranty, so I'll just send it back for another one.

But seriously, Microsoft is welcome to take it up the ass with a dildo lubricated in nine kinds of STDs, for pulling this shit.

I know I'm super late to the party, but I started playing Team Fortress 2 and it owns. I played it in the Orange Box on the 360, but I didn't like it there, and it's way better as a PC game.

It's on a free weekend on Steam this weekend, if anyone's thinking of trying it, and 50% off ($10) for the same duration.

I told you this like a year ago! lol

XBox live sucks for team fortress, PC all the way.

What servers do you guys play on? I haven't played it in months but I'd love to pwn you and Min.

What servers do you guys play on? I haven't played it in months but I'd love to pwn you and Min.

We play on various servers, we just find one with open slots and join. Add me! You can look for Minaku.

Oh shit, that would be awesome. Sorry, I didn't remember you saying that. We play on whatever servers look good, I have only one server fav'd right now (Lion's Den), we jump around a lot. What's your Steam username, send me a friend request! I'm guppyur. You may have to add inigima though, I'm not sure, I changed my display name.

Finished off Uncharted. It was great in every aspect but length - only 8.5 hours.

So it'll be Eternal Sonata for a while. Very bright, colofrul environments, but I could do without the anime style characters. The battle system is a lot of fun though - I'm enjoing it more than that of Star Ocean 4 or Tales of Vesperia.

I'm waiting for my checkbook to replenish so I can pick up InFamous, too bad I'll probably get my XBox back at about the same time, so I'm not sure if it'll be worth it right now.

In between the mass DoW 2 spam that me and a friend have being doing (We are not brilliant but we are getting much better) I downloaded Plants V Zombies and while I only got to play abit of it last night it was strangly addivtive. I see many hours being lost to it.

I've being avoiding TF2 since the spy and sniper patch as per normal the servers that I have tried since then have being chockablock with both of them and I hate just meeting mass spam of any class.

Finished off Uncharted. It was great in every aspect but length - only 8.5 hours.

So it'll be Eternal Sonata for a while. Very bright, colofrul environments, but I could do without the anime style characters. The battle system is a lot of fun though - I'm enjoing it more than that of Star Ocean 4 or Tales of Vesperia.

I'm waiting for my checkbook to replenish so I can pick up InFamous, too bad I'll probably get my XBox back at about the same time, so I'm not sure if it'll be worth it right now.

I picked up Eternal Sonata for the battle system, which was really interesting, but I can't stand the characters. I want to punch the girl. At least Allegretto has more sense in his head. I haven't made it very far in the game, mostly because any time the stupid bitch talks all I can respond with is, "And then now you can throw yourself off a cliff, because suicide makes everyone a winner."

Battlefield:Bad Company's online game has sucked me in in the last week or so. I am seriously getting my ass kicked all the time, but I keep coming back for more.

Oh well, eventually I'll improve, hopefully.

Is anyone playing this on Xbox Live?

Archived