NHL: Stanley Cup Playoffs

BLU-RAY

there are going to be whiny fans of any team.

Generally the actual teams don't get too involved in it.

The caps organization seems to revel in it from the owner on down.

Absolutely this. Yes, there are Pens fans whining, but what else are fans for? It's just that the Caps' owner is whining in his blog (again, at one point, about f'n Yanni), the coach is constantly whining, it's star player is constantly whining, and now the goalie who can't even speak English is whining. And, if you wanna talk whiny fans, there were a few fans jumping on the "Caps should just forfeit game 6 to show Bettman they aren't going to take this one-sided officiating" bandwagon straight off of some Caps' message boards. I may whine about some calls here and there, but will never, ever wish for a team I love to forfeit.

Still want to say he didn't lead with the leg?

Generally the actual teams don't get too involved in it.

Ah come on, Crosby is a notorious whiner and I would certainly take comments from fans on a message board with a grain of salt. If you want to accuse the Caps organization of whining then thats fine, but you can't do that and then ignore that the Pens' golden boy is practically known for it. You don't pick up that kind of rep without a reason.

Ah come on, Crosby is a notorious whiner and I would certainly take comments from fans on a message board with a grain of salt. If you want to accuse the Caps organization of whining then thats fine, but you can't do that and then ignore that the Pens' golden boy is practically known for it. You don't pick up that kind of rep without a reason.

Did you not see me use the word generally? And did you ignore that i expanded on that point to include the caps organization from the owner on down?

i would love it if Crosby whined less, and in fact, he has scaled it back significantly.

Unfortunately, Crosby whined too much when he was a rookie and that's what he's been labeled as since, despite him not being anything like that anymore. A lot of people like to accuse Crosby of whining, when he is simply talking to the refs because he's their Captain. Last time I checked, it's the C's responsibility to talk to the refs most of the time. If you've watched any of this series, you would have seen Ovechkin whining to the refs a hell of a lot more, and he's not even the Caps C. Did you see when he took Gonchar's knee out, he was practically in tears on the way to the box. Not to mention Ovechkin's pitiful dives (hur hur Crosby's a diver too! people have said so! hur hur) this series.

I don't ignore it when people within the Pens organization whine about things, they just haven't this series (and, let's face it, the "hat" thing was blown way out of proportion by the Washington media...) even when their #1 D-Man went down, the coach and players all pretty much said "It's up to the league to decide. I'm not saying much other than that" (other than Cooke, which I already mentioned, and maybe Orpik...neither of which "whined" just stated the obvious).

2:25 to play and the Wings get a goal. 2 -1 Aneheim. Come on you guys!

ETA: Well, game seven's coming up - called this one at least LoB. :sigh:

The NHL has had some great playoff games, but a lot of people are unable too watch them. I listened to the game tonight on my xm-radio because I did not have the channel the game was on :mad: . Gary Bettman should be catapulted, and get the NHL a commissioner who knows the a good TV contract is good for the NHL and the hockey belongs more in Canada than Phoenix,

Well, game seven's coming up - called this one at least LoB. :sigh:

You really have to see those fuckers in action to understand how much of a different team they've become compared to most of the regular season. Hopefully the Sharks softened 'em up enough for the Wings to pull through. Or hopefully the Wings soften them up enough for Chicago to pull through. Or hopefully the 'Hawks soften them up enough for...

Ted Leonsis whines about a Yanni concert, Bruce Boudreau whines about the ice at Mellon only being sticky for his team, Ovechkin whines about getting a 2 minute tripping penalty after a dirty knee-on-knee, and the next game Varlamov whines that Crosby only crashed the net to try and injure him.

Meanwhile, Crosby whines about too many hats being thrown. Oh, and he's "practically known for it."

Just watch the series, it's not too hard to see who the crybabies are,

Ted Leonsis whines about a Yanni concert, Bruce Boudreau whines about the ice at Mellon only being sticky for his team, Ovechkin whines about getting a 2 minute tripping penalty after a dirty knee-on-knee, and the next game Varlamov whines that Crosby only crashed the net to try and injure him.

Meanwhile, Crosby whines about too many hats being thrown. Oh, and he's "practically known for it."

Just watch the series, it's not too hard to see who the crybabies are,

LOL I forgot about THAT gem.

And, man, LoB...you picking 7 games for every series was pretty nuts. Stupid Chicago had to screw that up for you, though.

And, man, LoB...you picking 7 games for every series was pretty nuts. Stupid Chicago had to screw that up for you, though.

I know, right? Still, three out of four going the distance, plus the six gamer, is pretty edifying, even if I don't get the winners right, after my terrible first round.

Yea, that sucked. Had a softball double header so I didn't get to watch it but we had it on the radio in the dugout. Considering the result, I'm not exactly broken up that I didn't get to see the game. We did sweep the other softball team though!

Wow. Good day to be a Penguin fan. People can say what they want, but Sidney Crosby is an absolute beast. Now if the Wings and Hurricanes move on, I'll be a happy man.

Don't think there's much reason to pat Ovechkin on the back just for getting in the handshake line. The dude wiped out his own teammate trying to take a run at Malkin...no class at all.

He did apologize to Gonchar, at least. Though Gonch didn't seem too interested.

Wow. Good day to be a Penguin fan. People can say what they want, but Sidney Crosby is an absolute beast. Now if the Wings and Hurricanes move on, I'll be a happy man.

Don't think there's much reason to pat Ovechkin on the back just for getting in the handshake line. The dude wiped out his own teammate trying to take a run at Malkin...no class at all.

He did apologize to Gonchar, at least. Though Gonch didn't seem too interested.

Oh, I'm not patting him on the back. I just thought he would be much less classy in that handshake line. That's all.

Archived