Help me lose (or gain) weight

Bellis

I am made of fail today, but it is not all my fault. Ok, I did turn the alarm off and go back to sleep, not even thinking about breakfast. After my workout (treadmill) I showered and dressed and had the protein bar, then it was time to go to court. No time for more food. We weren't allowed to bring water or food with us (bye bye water) We ended up waiting until nearly 11:30 for the jury selection to start and it was close to 12:30 before it ended and I was dismissed. I was FAMISHED. I hadn't eaten in over 4 1/2 hours and that had only been a bar, not real food. I stopped at the first place I saw, Arbys and got a roast beef sandwhich and bottle of water. Guess it wasn't that bad. I only ate about 2/3 before I was full (but I did down the whole bottle of water).

I'll do better with my dinner tonight :)

I found (back when I used to drink protein shakes) that I just couldn't take them without yogurt. Nothing else seemed to mask the awful taste of the powder quite as well.

Back when I was using them, Myoplex made some shakes that were darn near delicious.

Lany, you can find a better alternative than that. :(

Looks like the worse part of it is the salt. No wonder I drank all the water and couldn't finish it:

ARBY'S® ROAST BEEF

SANDWICHES & MELTS

Roast Beef 57 96 62 7 3 0.46 29 426 0 0 0 10 - 0 0 6

Sesame Bun, regular 69 177 30 3 1 0 0 314 34 1 5 5 0 0 5 10

Arby's Sauce 14g 15 1 0 0 0 0 177 4 0 1 0 0 2 0 0

I have had more water today than I normally do, no wonder at all.

Looks like the worse part of it is... BLAH BLAH BLAH

Lany, they serve a grilled chicken sandwich. You order that plain, then don't eat the bun. Outside of a bit of sodium, you may as well have eaten a prepared meal.

Just saying. :P

Lany, they serve a grilled chicken sandwich. You order that plain, then don't eat the bun. Outside of a bit of sodium, you may as well have eaten a prepared meal.

Just saying. :P

I know dear. It was one meal out of 35 or so, so I guess I will survive.

I need to do my workout tonight since I slept through my alarms this morning. Napping is evil.

And please all don't forget - it is fine to "cheat" for a night or a meal. As long as it is just once a week or longer interval, not once a day. What you'll find too, the more dedicated and on track you stay, when those off nights do happen - they don't have as much impact as they would have before. And sometimes you even find that the "thing" you would want to cheat with after a while doesn't hold the same attraction it did before and all of a sudden you are "cheating" with something that, <gasp>, is actually still good for you. :)

So, yesterday was day 3 of the pushup plan.. and today was arms, shoulders and traps... and I had to lower the weights a little bit on some of the stuff. Tomorrow is rest day though and I need it.

I did have unusual/new motivation today working out... I had a friend watch me via the webcam-so I was trying to impress! :lol:

Hola, everyone! It's a new month, new opportunity to be better, faster, stronger!

Month of Religion begins today for me, in which all things take a backseat to diet and weight loss for the next 31 days. I'm shooting for (-10) lbs in that period, or about 6% of my bodyweight. Despite the killer numbers you see on The Biggest Loser, or Stego's posts, it's actually pretty hard to do.

Mikey's three key points for the week/ month: Hydration, distraction, and substitution. Hydration because it makes you feel full and lowers cravings for bad stuff, distraction for when you're bored and just want to snack to alleviate boredom- go find some mentally absorbing task to do instead. I may take up needlepoint. And substitution, snacking on better things rather than sugary crap I really like.

I'm detoxing for the first week or so, so if I"m overly bitchy, that's why.

Summer is right around the corner! Bathing suit season! Scantily clad babes and shirtless dudes!

Don't eat that shit, Lany. If you're going to be successful with the weight loss, you gotta learn to channel the stress in other ways, and lose the crutch of food as a comfort mechanism. Take a quick walk, drink some water and just get the work done. I know, it's hard and it sucks. But, really, that's what you gotta do. :grouphug:

I need an intervention. My boss gave me 5 GNMA setups to do this afternoon since the guy who does them is out sick. I have having a really hard time making the formulas work and I am stressing to the point of wanting a Coke and chocolate. (my idea of a good stiff drink) :bang:

Coke is poison. Chocolate is useless calories.

Nothing tastes as good as looking great feels, yo.

As good as that coke and chocolate sounds, it will be a very temporary pleasure. You will then spend the rest of the day beating yourself up over it. Which is more stress on you, not less. Drink some water, bend some paperclips, pop some bubblewrap. Destress and don't give in. You're going to be so proud of yourself later when you resisted.

*cheerleads*

I think I am going to try this month of hell... errr, religion, thinger as well. At least until my cousins wedding at memorial day.

no candy, no ice cream, my two biggest vices.

I weighed in at a frustrating 205.8 today I have maintained a solid 205-206 average since January. my trend line is essentially flat despite exercising three days a week since then and eating sensible 90% of the time. I'd like to lose 10 lbs by July 4th and 15 by August 1st. Usually I don't have the will power to stick with it though. hopefully this time I can.

I really must start getting to sleep earlier. that's my biggest failing. Got to knuckle down and get more rest. that should be my MOR thing, deprivation of waking hours. That to me is a truly hard thing to do, 'waste' time by sleeping more, ugh. :-p

still the thought of getting 6-8 hours every night instead of 4-6 sounds somewhat appealing :-p

Gotta echo Stego's statement that Coke is poison. I dream of a future in which it is legally defined as such whether it remains of the shelf or not.

If you could take the addictive quality out of it I would argue that soda is worse than alcohol for you. But then again, soda is also addictive. It just causes less accidents, fights, and domestic abuses.

Coke is my main addiction. It was a real trial to resist today, but I managed. Hopefully it was a turning point for me.

Archived