Emma Watson

quigon87

I understand that the A list thing is really not going to happen for the most part. Before you fry me, understand that. There are however some factors leading into my suggestion....

- Weiss and Benioff have just confirmed in the other forum that the majority if actors left to be cast are going to be UK based.

- After Harry Potter she would probably want to take on roles outside of Harry Potter type family stuff. Thats just me talking, but much like Natalie Portman after Star Wars, I would assume this would be the case.

- A very high profile actress, Anna Paquin, has won a Golden Globe for her series, and this kind of drama programming is really taking off and gaining popularity...

IMDB says she's only got one flick on the go in production... is it possible? Even an outside shot at getting her for Dany? Could you imagine....

She's still got two more HP movies to finish shooting (the final book is being split into 2 movies), so I don't think she's available. Also, she almost quit the HP movies after the last one because she wanted to do other things with her career and she was feeling bored with it. I doubt she'll want to do 7 years on a show, no matter how good it is. Also, it's another fantasy series, and I bet she'll try to do things as far afield from fantasy as she possibly can. I'm seeing costume dramas, gritty contemporary thrillers and romantic comedies in her future, or whatever else comes along that is as far from HP as she can possibly get.

Also, I doubt they could afford her right now.

Also, I doubt they could afford her right now.

This is probably the most valid point of all. I saw some article somewhere that she's one of the 20 highest paid actors under the age of 20 (up there with Dakota Fanning, Mylie Cyrus, the Jonas Brothers, Daniel Radcliffe, etc). So - they're probably not going to be able to afford her (and likewise, won't have Dakota for Dany either, or Daniel for Jon).

She's still got two more HP movies to finish shooting (the final book is being split into 2 movies), so I don't think she's available. Also, she almost quit the HP movies after the last one because she wanted to do other things with her career and she was feeling bored with it. I doubt she'll want to do 7 years on a show, no matter how good it is. Also, it's another fantasy series, and I bet she'll try to do things as far afield from fantasy as she possibly can. I'm seeing costume dramas, gritty contemporary thrillers and romantic comedies in her future, or whatever else comes along that is as far from HP as she can possibly get.

But I disagree that she'd completely write off a part on this show if she were offered. It's drastically different than Harry Potter. Death, destruction, graphic violence, moral ambiguity, and all of that, I think that if she's looking for something more mature and less family-friendly (I mean, c'mon guys, they're not gonna be showing GoT on ABC on Sunday nights with their Wonderful World of Disney programs...), that she'd be smart to at least consider it.

But I don't think she's right for Dany anyway. What I think would be more likely is that she's not even aproached 'til the end of filming for Harry, at which point they approach her for someone like Ygritte or possibly Margaery (though at that point she'd be 20ish and probably too old to pull off Margaery anyway). They will probably want a big name every now and then to try and pull new people in to watching the show, and what better way than a new character?

Besides, she could always just be a "special guest star" for a couple episodes - they do that on shows all the time (and on Law and Order, the Special Guest Star usually ends up being the killer ;) )

Personally, I would hate it. I don't think she can act at all IMO.

Yeah, I'm with Gertrude on this one. I've only seen HP 1 and 4, but she's made the least progress of all those young actors, IMO.

After watching the child actors in HP and the Narnia movies, I'm pretty worried that B & W are auditioning actors with little experience (at least for Dany, as reported elsewhere). Here's hoping those gambles pay off.

I agree with the general thought that Emma has progressed the least over the years. And she's a terrible fit for Daenerys - with her look, she'd make a better Stark, Baratheon, Tully or Tyrell. And there isn't really a role in any of those families for which she is old enough/not too old and which would be a juicy enough part for her.

I think the only part in which I could see her as suitable would be Margaery Tyrell. And considering we don't even meet her until book 3, which will be at least four years away, Emma Watson would probably be too old by that point.

I could live with Alan Rickman as Tywin.

Don't knock off an actor just because he's an HPer.

The problem is that most of them are too identifiable. People watching are going to say "That's Hermione" rather than "Who's that new character?"

Which is why I don't want Alan Rickman as Tywin, no matter how unbelievably perfect he is for the role.

Surely to goodness the DEFINITIVE Alan Rickman is the Sherriff of Nottingham. Best Movie eva, after Waterworld.

You must be a Kevin Reynolds fanboy. Actually my favorite movie that he did with the other Kevin is Fandango; funny flick. (Actually I didn't like those other two at all.)

I don't think she's nearly as bad as some people are saying; the type of acting she's had to do in HP is actually very difficult. Actors will generally tell you that acting amidst loads of special effects is always hard, and the HP movies aren't exactly going to win any awards for their natural flowing dialogue.

I don't see her as anyone in particular, though, and think she'd be very very wrong for Daenerys (although I concede that they're probably going to have to hire an 18+ actress who looks young for the part). Not to mention that whole "They probably couldn't afford her" thing.

Archived