Should the United States be more like Europe?

shootme

Furthermore, you are grossly misrepresenting the facts. South Vietnam did not fall while Americans were in Vietnam. It was only after the US removed itself from the fight and stopped supporting South Vietnam that Saigon fell. But you are presenting it as if Saigon fell and then the US military left. That's a load of horseshit.

The US went to Vietnam to stop the south falling to the Communists. The South fell to the Communists. THerefore the US failed in its objectives - or in other words, it lost.

Oh noes, I got an acronym wrong. You win, America was defeated by the NVA.

I'm so done arguing this with a bunch of people who have no real arguments.

So does that mean you win? Or did we win? Or did your earlier use of "irregardless" render the entire argument invalid? I'm confused. :unsure:

It's clearly a triumphant withdrawal, like Napoleon's after Moscow or Robbie Williams's return from America.

His victory is undisputed, or at least not disputed by anyone whose opinions matter.

*nods*

But to provide you with some scant comfort in your moment of doubt, pain and shameful defeat, we offer you the Glee Club of the Damned

:lol:

Dammit, I totally saw the analogical value of this thread 3 pages ago, but then I was beaten to it by like a dozen people. Seriously, I would've loved to see everyone abandon the thread because of the futility of it all. Then he'd have had to admit he 'lost' the thread.

Off topic, but that's the first video on Youtube I've ever left a comment on. It's that good.

Returning to the OP's original query:

Yes.

But Europe can probably stand to be a bit more like the U.S. in certain aspects. Not poverty, crime, incarceration rates, gun ownership, wealth inequality, upward mobility, environmental policy, etc.

But in having better Tex-Mex and Southwestern cuisine, and fielding quality baseball teams. It's a real problem. Get on it, Europe.

A bold advance to the rear is never retreat. It's just victory with a different name.

One could consider it a strategic redeployment of obviously superior military power.

A bold advance to the rear is never retreat. It's just victory with a different name.

:lol:

UDM should try his hand at some WoW player vs player battles, where the main problem is that people retort to killing the other teams' players instead of fulfulling the battleground objective. And guess what? The LOLbois always lose, even though they killed loads and loads of people, since not getting your objective done = losing.

Even if your e-peen is strong.

But in having better Tex-Mex and Southwestern cuisine, and fielding quality baseball teams. It's a real problem. Get on it, Europe.

Not so sure about the baseball, but the rest I can definitely get behind.

This thread looked like it was doomed from the start, but I think our hover-cars have snatched victory from the jaws of defeat! (or vice versa, reports are unclear at this time). Either way, it delivers. :thumbsup:

I would gladly take some parts of the U.S. landscape, the mountains and the open wide ranges, so I can have them at my disposition all times. :) Unfortunately, I don't have not a car, and even less a hovering one, that would be very handy.

I'd suggest every country is the way the majority of its inhabitants want it to be, and those who aren't happy with the way it is, move to somewhere where they can be happy. Kinda makes sense to me :dunno:

I wouldn't want to live in the US, and quite clearly, many of the people here who live in the US wouldn't want to live in Europe. So it's probably a good thing that we don't, eh?

I'd suggest every country is the way the majority of its inhabitants want it to be, and those who aren't happy with the way it is, move to somewhere where they can be happy. Kinda makes sense to me :dunno:

I wouldn't want to live in the US, and quite clearly, many of the people here who live in the US wouldn't want to live in Europe. So it's probably a good thing that we don't, eh?

I don't see how this is relevant to who won the Vietnam war? :)

This thread looked like it was doomed from the start, but I think our hover-cars have snatched victory from the jaws of defeat! (or vice versa, reports are unclear at this time). Either way, it delivers. :thumbsup:

I think our failure to set quantifiable objectives have made it impossible to gauge our success in this thread.

I can support more good Tex-Mex here though we've found one good restaurant in town with such. In this particular area of Europe we need better Chinese/Thai food. Baseball? Eh, I could take it or leave it. One other thing I'd request from the States (in this part of Europe), more trees.

Archived