Aussies XLVII

Paxter

Sounds like it could have potentially been pretty cool, shame I only just read this and was dragging myself out of bed for work and not even looking for it.

The sky would be pretty light at 6am here on the easy coast anyway, maybe detracting from it a bit.

The ETS I don't think is ready.

Frankly, we need to be in a bit more of a holding pattern right now. We have to follow the lead of the US, China and India...because no matter what we do, if they don't do anything then it is really all for nought.

Actually we could do with a few people picking with zero knowledge just to form a control group against which to measure us three :P

You're forgetting about Beginner's Luck, which I have oodles of, you'd stand no chance!

Bump time.

Alot has changed in the two years that I haven't posted outside this thread.

I used to be polite but I've foul mouthed on a few discussions recently and got shit taken down. Almost a record I wonder. My tolerance is less.

Poor Kyle he's back on air but still has people having a go at him. I was watching 'ads that shaped a nation' with the irish host on nine last night and he made fun of kyle more than once. Vomitting and then censoring it with a picutre of kyles face. :lol:

Poor Kyle he's back on air but still has people having a go at him. I was watching 'ads that shaped a nation' with the irish host on nine last night and he made fun of kyle more than once. Vomitting and then censoring it with a picutre of kyles face. :lol:

I don't feel sorry for him, he made his career out of being a prat, he should have known it wouldn't last...And yet he spent all his money, drives a bloody Rolls FFS, and is apparently in quite a lot of debt. I have no sympathy for him at all.

Stubby and me were wondering as well. Griff, wherefore art thou?

Well 19 days later you get a reply. Sorry but major problems first with an AH stuffing my comp up to the point where I had to reformat then the problem is that my modem is old and the comp has no ethernet slot. Thus I am currently restricted to using a friends comp while she is asleep.

I am actually getting a new comp built but need to get my tax done to pay for it.

Hopefully that will be today so in roughly 3 weeks I hope to be back online properly again.

It is amazing just how dependant you get on the net, both for social interaction and things like paying bills and researching news and other info.

I hope everyone is well it is great to see some old faces and really sad to see we have lost EHK.

Keep happy and well and I will hopefully see you all soon.

:)

p.s I am currently working overtime every night so tax or no tax the comp should be here soon :)

ETA Since etax is being a pain it may be a bit longer, mind you I may also be getting more back than previously anticipated :)

Man I got bugger all from my tax return. If I hadn't donated to the Red Cross for the Victorian fire victims, it would have barely been enough to buy a meal out...

I've been this way for years. The only deductions I get are for donations and an income protection policy premium.

And nice to see you around, GS. Hope the 'puter situation sorts out for you.

Etax is great if you want to screw the ATO over :P I haven't done mine yet but I have a feeling it's going to be a large amount. I can claim many many deductions being an apprentice electrician

lol we do well out of etax too - hubby is in IT and my computer is a tempermental beast so we get lots of deductions.

Good to see you back Gryff :)

I've seen saurian posting elsewhere but not in this thread...where is the baby news? I need pics :) (or not if you don't want to post them, but would enjoy hearing about bubs anyway)

OldLordPlumm - I've always been mostly a lurker on this forum but elsewhere I've become much less tolerant too, I think I'm just getting old and cranky.

I use eTax too. This year I got less than normal, but my boyfriend got a nice chunk, which paid for my new computer. Next year I'll have a lot more deductions now I'm studying, so should do better!

Haven't been paying attention, what happened to EHK?

Sorry to hear about the hassle GS, sorts of things in our lives we could all live without.

Mac,

don't know if you're here, but you were right about the NRL footy show. They had Danny Green on the other night and showed footage of two teams going free for all on each other. They chuckled and asked Danny if any of the players had a future in boxing. Danny went 'errr well that blow was more open hand so I think that''s more karate than boxing'.

Anything good happening?

Archived