Sean Bean possibly cast as Ned

daimonion

Bean's currently finishing up on filming Black Death, and has a bit of Neddish vibe to him in that role, for example. And just so.

Sean finished shooting Black Death in mid-June and was very recently on the West Coast in Vancouver for Percy Jackson filming. A little detour down to LA for negotiations en route to London would have been easy and under the radar. http://seanbeanonline.net/forums/ does a good job of keeping up with his whereabouts and projects. Awesome news if this is true and it certainly looks quite likely.

**Grumble**

Bean, a good actor, doesn't look like Ned (IMHO).

I understand that you have a certain picture in your head, but I have to disagree with you there. According to the descriptions that we've been given by George and certain artists' interpretation, he's not a bad fit at all looks wise. Not to mention he is a fantastic actor.

http://en.amokanet.ru/gallery/martin/martin_1104.html

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3428161536/nm0000293

I'd love it if this were true! LOL, my first thought was, when I read the casting side for Jaime, it stated that Jaime is 'taller and broader in the shoulders' than Ned, and has to 'look down' at him during their face-to-face confrontation at the Winterfell feast. Sean is 5'10" and well-built, so if he's Ned then they're either going to have to find a really big, tall guy for Jaime or else stand 'Jaime' on a box or something during that face-to-face!

Yeah, the Troll quotient went off the scale in the last week over at WiC, not sure what happened or why.

I think it's the trolls at GRRRRRM or whatever it is. They've been going round throwing shit at any site that even vaguely has pro-ASoIaF or pro-GRRM leanings. Might just be random internet trolls as well.

Do you have Gmail? I think you can just use your Google email name and password to log in instead (or at least that's what I always use, the Google account that I created to start up my blog, even though I never use Gmail itself).

Sean finished shooting Black Death in mid-June and was very recently on the West Coast in Vancouver for Percy Jackson filming. A little detour down to LA for negotiations en route to London would have been easy and under the radar. http://seanbeanonline.net/forums/ does a good job of keeping up with his whereabouts and projects. Awesome news if this is true and it certainly looks quite likely.

Or he could have just gone in for casting and negotiations in London ;)

And I love the fact that the Sean Bean forums are prominently advertising Sharpe's Chef I and II. Sharpe has cookery books based on it?

"Next time you invade Spain, try this nice cold potato and stringy beef recipe."

I wonder if they'll do one for AGoT?

"Under siege for a year? Try our tasty cat soufflee followed by sticky rat pudding."

"Planning a wedding? Our advice: don't."

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Be still my beating heart. (Yep, I still love him after all this years, and even after him playing that little shit in Red Riding).

and what is it with Sean Bean and dying in the first installment of the fantasy series? :P

Although Sean Bean is perhaps better known for roles that, well, aren't Ned-like, I'm more than confident that he has the acting ability to make an excellent Ned. And as others have said he fits the physical description rather well. Perhaps an inch or two too tall and a few years older, but that's not a big deal.

I read that Sean was recently voted The Second-Sexiest Man in the UK. (Nope, no idea who the first was...) His reaction? He said he doesn't at all mind being 'the ladies' ideal bit of rough.' Trust me, Sean, the ladies don't mind, either!

:lol:

Although Sean Bean is perhaps better known for roles that, well, aren't Ned-like, I'm more than confident that he has the acting ability to make an excellent Ned. And as others have said he fits the physical description rather well. Perhaps an inch or two too tall and a few years older, but that's not a big deal.

QFT.

I think he could project the kind of quiet strength that was an integral part of Ned's character. Hopefully.

Now, Boromir-esque performance wouldn't work here, too angsty.

But Bean has the chops and range to go beyond Boromir (and other roles he's known for)

I think Bean would be an awesome choice. His name would generate interest outside of the book fandom.

It would be quite amusing seeing strangers to the series thinking "Oh, Richard 'The Man' Sharpe's going to be kicking arse and taking names again, these Lannisters are going to be in for a ... HOLY £&*$!!! "

Very interesting...

Of course it does positively demand Littlefinger or Varys to ask Ned at some point whether he's 'sharp enough' at some point...

Sean Bean does know a certain large Irishman with dark curly hair who in a flash of inspired role reversal might make a good 'King Bob'.

*sultry Cersei voice* 'So Ned. You think you're sharp enough for the Game of Thrones?'

If this turns out to be true then this is some great news. Bean is a terrific actor who would do a great job of portraying Ned's cold and honorable personality. If this does not turn out to be true, then it's a massive tease.

I have confidence in Winter, since he hasn't led us down yet.

Sean Bean does know a certain large Irishman with dark curly hair who in a flash of inspired role reversal might make a good 'King Bob'.

That's a good idea :)

Now here's an interesting poser--if you go to 'A Game of Thrones' on IMDB you'll see, of course, all sorts of info about the upcoming pilot/series. While there, click 'News.' (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/news) Presumably, this is news about 'A Game of Thrones', right? Well! There in 'News' are 4 short articles--

April, 09 Game of Thrones Greenlit by HBO;

May, 09 McCarthy to Direct GoT;

May, 09 McCarthy, Dinklage join GoT;

June, 09 Sean Bean stars in 'Black Death.'

An omen? A prophecy? Why exactly is article #4 included in News about A Game of Thrones? Conspiracy theorists, unite!

Archived