Sean Bean possibly cast as Ned

daimonion

You mean telling everyone they don't have a job or education isn't funny to you? ;)

Besides, in this economy a lot of people I know with very good educations no longer have a job. The whole premise is just wacked.

Now here's an interesting poser--if you go to 'A Game of Thrones' on IMDB you'll see, of course, all sorts of info about the upcoming pilot/series. While there, click 'News.' (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/news) Presumably, this is news about 'A Game of Thrones', right? Well! There in 'News' are 4 short articles--

April, 09 Game of Thrones Greenlit by HBO;

May, 09 McCarthy to Direct GoT;

May, 09 McCarthy, Dinklage join GoT;

June, 09 Sean Bean stars in 'Black Death.'

An omen? A prophecy? Why exactly is article #4 included in News about A Game of Thrones? Conspiracy theorists, unite!

:lol:

Lol I've actually been wondering this for weeks.

This could be a very mistaken piece of gossip, and I've been told from others on this board from the UK that The Daily Mail isn't exactly the height of journalistic integrity, but their gossip page is reporting this:

• Sean Bean, who is one of the first stars to be cast in the TV drama A Game Of Thrones, based on the fantasy novels A Song Of Ice And Fire by George R. R. Martin.

The tales are epic in structure, and are set in a land that has been torn apart by a civil war and divided into seven kingdoms.

There are warring factions and divided loyalties and I can’t pretend to tell you much more, because I couldn’t get beyond the first couple of chapters.

But I know Game Of Thrones has legions of fans �" not least because it’s also a computer game.

Anyway, Bean has been asked to play one of the patriarchs of the warring tribes. He knows this kind of territory well, having played Boromir in Peter Jackson’s Lord Of The Rings films. A one-hour pilot show will be shot on location in Belfast in the autumn, with Tom McCarthy directing. Actor Peter Dinklage will also star.

The plan by the Rain Mark production company is to make the pilot and hope that HBO will say ‘yes’ to a further nine episodes in the first series.

Bean was also seen this year in Channel 4’s excellent drama films The Red Riding Trilogy, based on the novels by David Peace.

Again, this is a gossip page, so I don't know where they got this info or if it's reliable.

This could be a very mistaken piece of gossip, and I've been told from others on this board from the UK that The Daily Mail isn't exactly the height of journalistic integrity, but their gossip page is reporting this:

Again, this is a gossip page, so I don't know where they got this info or if it's reliable.

It is quite possible they just got the information off some blog on the Internet ;)

It certainly doesn't sound like a story originated by the Daily Mail - it didn't mention illegal immigrants/house prices/swine flu once which immediately sets it apart from most Daily Mail stories ;)

The Daily Mail isn't entirely reliable as a serious piece of news journalism, but their entertainment stuff is usually reasonably reliable, since they're not trying to spin the news into more evidence that society is being consumed by illegal immigrants.

Yay! (probably)

Quite frankly I wouldn't care if they invented a new character for the TV series called "Ser Sean Bean" just so long as Sean Bean was playing it, so if true this is great news.

(Hell I wouldn't care if they cast Sean Bean as Sansa, just so long as he's in the series).

I'm impressed by how the Daily Mail still manages to piss me off despiting reporting exactly what i want to hear.

I'm impressed by how the Daily Mail still manages to piss me off despiting reporting exactly what i want to hear.

Actually I'm pissed off it was them who said it. Any other paper and I'd say it was reliable, but from them it's "Well, is it true?" Even combined with WiC's insider report, I'm still thinking "Yeah, but it's the Mail, so..."

Also, what kind of paper does their entertainment update at midnight GMT? And I'm sceptical they're not quoting an official press release or anything. Hmm.

Actually I'm pissed off it was them who said it. Any other paper and I'd say it was reliable, but from them it's "Well, is it true?" Even combined with WiC's insider report, I'm still thinking "Yeah, but it's the Mail, so..."

Also, what kind of paper does their entertainment update at midnight GMT? And I'm sceptical they're not quoting an official press release or anything. Hmm.

Debbie Downer, imo

Best news I've heard all week.

Above and beyond my wildest dreams, actually. Dinklage, now possibly Bean? Seriously stoked

Interesting that the Mail used the 'Rainmark' name which hadn't been mentioned in conjunction with AGoT before. According to one of the other commentators on WiC, Rainmark is the name used by the production company who develop HBO and BBC co-financed projects including The Gathering Storm. That fits AGoT anyway but weird we hadn't heard that name before.

The people listed as being in charge are those who worked on Rome and John Adams among other things.

Actually that's great advertising, for poor content.

People are bastards. :thumbsdown:

I guess its just me than. I figure if they're going to us a title "Sean Bean cast as Ned", than the article should say Sean Bean signed on to play Ned. Otherwise they should make a better title, "Insider claims Sean Bean cast as Ned." It's good news to me if its true, but I still don't like the way they advertised it.

I'd love it if this were true! LOL, my first thought was, when I read the casting side for Jaime, it stated that Jaime is 'taller and broader in the shoulders' than Ned, and has to 'look down' at him during their face-to-face confrontation at the Winterfell feast. Sean is 5'10" and well-built, so if he's Ned then they're either going to have to find a really big, tall guy for Jaime or else stand 'Jaime' on a box or something during that face-to-face!

5'10 is not very tall

Wasn't Catelyn disappointed when she first saw Ned? I'm a comfortably red-blooded straight as an arrow male but I'm not sure I could kick Sean Bean out of my bed.

Just imagain how hot the actor they get to play ned's brother will be. (If he is shown in flashback or something)

Archived