The Walking Dead - TV show SPOILERS only (not for the comic)

palin99999

Yeah, Kirkman's writing an episode. I'm not a fan of Kirkman's dialogue. At all. So I'm hoping that, yeah, the dialogue for the TV show will be a big improvement. We shall see.

Kirkman's dialogue is why I dropped Invincible. It's a good thing that the planned trilogy of prose novels will only be plotted by Kirkman.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very excited about this. I never read the comic, and while it is tempting, I want to watch the show with out knowing what will happen next. The commercials I saw during Mad Men looked good and really creepy. The show will probably give me night mares, but I don't care.

I have a wedding to attend on Halloween, I'm hoping AMC will air it the next day like it normally does with it's original shows.

Freaking! Awesome!

This!

But honestly how many gratuitous headshots are these people allowed per headshot episode?

Also i have a very bad eye but even i could tell the scenery was pretty bad. Im hoping it was because the quality of the preair was bad, or not up to snuff or something.

But these are very very small niggles.

P.S - the acting is perfect.

I managed to watch the leaked pilot.

It was outstanding in every way, AMC just doesn't miss.

Cool.

Not to long for the rest of the general population.

I hope this series doesn't open the door for zombies to be domesticated like Vampires were for Trublood and Twilight.

I'm excited to see good reviews for it. I hadn't read any of the comics before hearing about this, I suppose I came late to the game, but after reading twenty or so issues of it, I was concerned. I recognize that graphic novels is a tough form for engaging dialogue, but the writing is mediocre at best. And that's being generous. I don't think I'll be reading any more of them.

However, I should not have doubted. With Breaking Bad and Mad Men on their CV, I have faith AMC got some damned good writers for this.

I hope this series doesn't open the door for zombies to be domesticated like Vampires were for Trublood and Twilight.

I don't think that is an issue. Silly vampire romances have been fashionable ever since Anne Rice decided to call herself a writer. Zombies don't lend well to romance. Rotting cocks lack the appeal of glittery ones.

/so far the comics have yet to feature a storyline where a zombie starts stalking a teenage girl outside school who screams "sundaes" rather than "brains", so i think we are safe as far as the domestication of Zombies are concerned.

Then again there is a character later on who keeps his zombie 6 year old girl locked up in his basement around vol 6 of the comics.

I'm excited to see good reviews for it. I hadn't read any of the comics before hearing about this, I suppose I came late to the game, but after reading twenty or so issues of it, I was concerned. I recognize that graphic novels is a tough form for engaging dialogue, but the writing is mediocre at best. And that's being generous. I don't think I'll be reading any more of them.

The writing is mediocre at best? What planet are you from?

The writing is mediocre at best? What planet are you from?

Yeah, you're right. I might have been a little too generous with 'mediocre.' Its basic, and that's partially a result of the medium (although Gaiman had no problems with the Sandman), I understand that. But it doesn't add any depth to the characters. The relationships they have are pre-packaged and no different than anything I could find on a SyFy original movie. With proper writing and story telling, you can make stock characters interesting, allow them to evolve into something believable. The Walking Dead has none of that. The dialogue is just a device to add some variety to what would otherwise be poorly drawn pictures of zombie slaughter.

Summing up, the graphic novel just isn't very good. Thank god AMC will turn it into something worth my time.

I've never really noticed the dialogue but then again I've probably numbed myself to it with over 15 years of comic reading. I suspect i'll notice it more with the next volume as now i'll be imagining it being spoken by the cast.

I really don't see any issues with the plotting though until fairly late in the series.

Archived