The Walking Dead - TV show SPOILERS only (not for the comic)

palin99999

Apparently AMC contacted IGN and said that discussions were proceeding on a second season, but it wasn't a lock yet. Darabont was getting carried away. Although from the tone of discussions I'm guessing this would have to bomb pretty massively for them not to get a second season.

I have trouble imagining Andrew Lincoln as Rick given that I mainly know him from Teachers and This Life where he generally plays a loveable, dopey, British prat.

He was in the sky one "strike back" show this year where he played an eevill MI-6 agent which is probably closer territory. He's also popped up in several crime dramas where he shows he can do unhinged. I'm lucky in that I never watched the two shows he's well known for in the UK. I'm still a little edgy on his american accent based on the trailer though.

If Darabont is getting overexcited it seems like there's a good chance he'll still be heavily involved in running the show if/when it gets a second season. Maybe he'll direct 2-3 episodes a season still.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like how the producer says "None of this is gratuitous, it's just truthful" followed by s low motion, point-blank, head-shot of a zombie having its brains blown out :)

It still looks awesome though and this clip shows us some more of the cast and hints at what they will follow with the comic-story

looks like they are keeping the affair Rick's wife has with Rick's best friend. Bit of a no-brainer for TV drama to be honest

I wonder if we'll get as much gore as we are seeing in the trailers though? They must be on a knife-edge in terms of what they can get away with. Then again I guess shows like Fringe and Supernatural also get away with some pretty gross stuff too these days. As long as it's "fantastical violence" it seems to be ok. That could be a problem for later seasons of the show though when it becomes far more "realistic human on human" violence.

I wonder if we'll get as much gore as we are seeing in the trailers though? They must be on a knife-edge in terms of what they can get away with. Then again I guess shows like Fringe and Supernatural also get away with some pretty gross stuff too these days. As long as it's "fantastical violence" it seems to be ok. That could be a problem for later seasons of the show though when it becomes far more "realistic human on human" violence.

CSI has had that level of gore and more for over 10 years on a regular network much less a cable channel. Gore is never a problem with censors in the States.

CSI has had that level of gore and more for over 10 years on a regular network much less a cable channel. Gore is never a problem with censors in the States.

But heaven forbid they swear or have sex that doesn't magically occur with a blanket between them at all stages. :)

But heaven forbid they swear or have sex that doesn't magically occur with a blanket between them at all stages. :)

Well, it's a proven* fact that an uncensored boob will drive a kid into an uncontrollable killing rage.

Well, it's a proven* fact that an uncensored boob will drive a kid into an uncontrollable killing rage.

Yeah I heard the Janet Jackson boob incident was probably the inspiration for the apocalypse that occurs in "the Walking dead"

Hah. Well, just take a Valium before bed or something. ;)

I admit to being a bit concerned by how present Kirkman is in all this. Please, Powers That Be, let Darabont tell the writers to write different dialogue!

Hah. Well, just take a Valium before bed or something. ;)

I admit to being a bit concerned by how present Kirkman is in all this. Please, Powers That Be, let Darabont tell the writers to write different dialogue!

Isn't Kirkman writing an episode? Maybe Darabont can polish it? I never had too much of a problem with the comic dialogue although it could be very wordy at times. Then again I know there's a big difference between what works in a comic and what works when actually spoken. I'm sure they'll explain this to Kirkman. Politely :)

As an aside, I'm impressed with how Image are prepping for the extra interest in the comic by making new issues available online and get all the back catalogue ready and waiting.

• 3 weeks later...

AMC's new zombie apocalypse series premiers on Halloween. I would say this genre is a guilty pleasure of mine except that I don't feel guilty about it at all.

However, I have yet to see an apocalypse themed series that wasn't incredibly hokey. I know many are fans of other AMC shows, so hopefully it has potential. I don't know much about this show at all or the comic book on which it is based. Anyone excited to see this?

Archived