NFL Thread: Bengals win the Super Bowl

Mexal

Btw, anyone else really hate Mangini? He's such a fucknut. I hate all this secrecy, like it makes a difference. It'll be worse for his team in the long run if in order to keep the secret, he has to split the snaps again during practice. Better to prepare his team for the week then this crap. I would hate to be a Browns fan right about now.

I am a Browns fan and am getting tired of his mind games. Who did not know he was gonna pick Quinn as the starter? He wants to act like Belichick but does not have a quarter of the talent. Also, it does not matter that much whom is the QB, the team will suck because the defense is still slow, soft, and untalented. Shaun Rogers is the only player that I can see starting on other NFL defenses, and he is not an every down type of player.

Btw, anyone else really hate Mangini? He's such a fucknut. I hate all this secrecy, like it makes a difference. It'll be worse for his team in the long run if in order to keep the secret, he has to split the snaps again during practice. Better to prepare his team for the week then this crap. I would hate to be a Browns fan right about now.

Turns out Mangini lies a lot too:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4462072

Apparently, the same man who helped save Western Civilization from Bill Belichick and video tape openly lies on his injury reports. Apparently, last season the hick who won't go away, Brett Favre, had pain in his throwing arm and they had an MRI done; found a torn bicep. The team was informed by Favre. Favre said that at the time, he addressed the situation with Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum, offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, and Brian Daboll, then the quarterbacks coach.

Well turns out that Mangini did not list Favre on the injury report, a big "No-no" by NFL Commissioner standards. I think its safe to say that Mangini may have been influenced by the situational use of the injury report by Bill Belichick. The article discusses the fines and how this one could be huge (and then waves the specter of lost draft picks). My feeling is that, like with SpyGate, I don't think the Jets got an advantage out of this (most notably because they still had to start Brett Favre), so I think just a hefty fine on both the Jets and Mangini.

Oh man, I can't resist posting some of this interview with Brian Billick:

Schrager: Where's the hardest place to win on the road?

Billick: The indoor stadiums are the loudest and the Metrodome comes to mind first. You can't hear yourself think in there.

Schrager: What about Philadelphia?

Billick: Well, you might not make it out of there alive. Seriously.

Schrager: And the Black Hole in Oakland?

Billick: Oakland? (Laughs) Dan Fouts said it best, "Oakland is not evil. They just have evil tailors." Philly's fans would kick the snot out of Oakland's.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1004851...the-2009-season

Season starts today, I guess I should be predicting shit. Go-Go-Gadget run-on sentence!

AFC East:

1. New England Patriots. Duh.

2. New York Jets. Everybody seems to think they're gonna suck... I think they're going to be good, I think Sanchez is for real, I think the D will be really good, they have a decent running game, they have Leon Washington on special teams, both of their lines are pretty good.

3. Miami Dolphins. I'm basing this on the fact that they overachieved last year, but that it also gave them confidence; I could see them at second or fourth in the division. Depends if Pennington stays both healthy and efficient, and we'll see how the Ronnie Brown/Ricky Williams running back thing works out. Could very well be a good team. Could very well be terrible.

4. Buffalo Bills. God, I hope this doesn't happen. But I was actually present for the last time Trent Edwards played with no offensive line at all; it was his Stanford senior season and he got hit in the mouth all the time, every single game, and eventually got knocked out. I hope that doesn't happen here. If the line can give him protection, this team will score points; I really have no idea what's going to happen, but the organization is acting dysfunctionally and we already have reports of TO dissatisfaction, so... I'm assuming the worst.

AFC North:

1. Pittsburgh Steelers. Surprisingly low buzz for a defending champ, especially one that returned most of its players, gets Mendenhall back from injury... this is a good team.

2. Baltimore Ravens. Maybe a top-three team in the league last year, and its starting QB and RB were rookies. Some question on how long the D can hit people that hard without getting old, and they lost their DC, but... still a really good team.

3. Cincinnati Bengals. I think they'll be better than most people think, but they're also in a division with the Ravens and Steelers.

4. Cleveland Browns. This team will suck, full stop.

AFC West:

1. San Diego Chargers. Could be a really scary team with Merriman back and such, especially if LT has a good year.

2. Denver Broncos. I think this team will score points, but they'll give up a ton also; however, I think they'll be slightly better than predicted by most, if only because of the other two teams in the division.

3. Oakland Raiders. God, they're bad, but they'll win a few games here and there this year on the strength of... I don't really know, actually. I just feel like they're better than the Chiefs.

4. KC Chiefs. This team has a bunch of issues, and I think they'll have a year as bad as last.

AFC South:

1. Tenessee Titans. Not going to be as good as last year, bu this is a tough, tough division to predict; no worldbeater team anymore, and everybody is decent, but not great. I think the Titans will still manage to win enough games to pull the division out.

2-4: I don't know. I think the Colts will finish 2 or 3 (or even 1), the Jags 3 or 4, and the Texans could finish in any of those spots. I'll take the Colts at 2 because of Manning et. al., the Texans at 3 because I don't trust Jacksonville, and the Jaguars at 4, because I don't trust Jacksonville.

NFC East:

1. New York Giants. I think the Giants will finish 1 or 2, and because their D was good last year and gets Osi back this year, I'll take them at no. 1, despite being scared of Eli-to-random in the passing game.

2. Philadelphia Eagles. I think this team will be great, not good, on offense - provided everyone stays healthy, which is not a given. Therefore, I think they win enough games by outscoring people, and I think the D will be acceptable even without Jim Johnson.

3. Washington Redskins. I think their D will be solid, I like Portis, and I think if they approach their gameplanning properly, they'll be a pretty good team.

4. Dallas Cowboys. I almost would think they're going to have "Nobody Believes In Us" syndrome after the Emmitt Smith comments etc, but seriously, Wade Phillips is coaching this team.

NFC North:

1. Chicago Bears. This is another stacked division. I think the Bears are going to be really freaking good, I like Cutler a lot on that team, and I think the D will be solid as hell this year.

2. Green Bay Packers. Could take the no. 1 spot from the Bears, but I don't quite think so. Regardless, both are going to the playoffs. Another really, really good team, though maybe not as good as the preseason claims.

3. Minnesota Vikings. Scary that a team this good could miss the playoffs while someone from the NFC West gets in, but while I like this team a bunch, I don't think they're better than Green Bay or Chicago.

4. Detroit Lions. Almost have to be better than last year. Not that much better, though.

NFC West:

1. Arizona Cardinals. Too much offense, a better running game than last year... the only real risk is "can Warner stay healthy". I think even if he gets hurt, Leinart will fit in OK.

2. Seattle Seahawks. I don't think this team will be good, I wanted to put SF here, but I couldn't justify it. I think this team will be good in the first half, but I just don't think Hass has a 16-game season in him, I think the D is questionable, IDK about the running game... bleh.

3. San Francisco 49ers. They'll try, which will serve them pretty well. I live near here, and I don't really know what the deal is at QB, but Frank Gore is pretty good, and effort is pretty good.

4. St. Louis Rams. Washed up. I have no faith in Bulger and really not that much in Jackson.

NFC South:

1. Carolina Panthers. I think everyone's written them off after Delhomme's playoff choke job last year, but I think this is going to be a good team. I think Delhomme bounces back, the running game is good, and Smith/Moose is still decent, as is the D.

2. Atlanta Falcons. Will be better than the Saints, because they seem less fragile. Also, Gonzalez was a nice pickup, and the QB isn't a rookie anymore.

3. New Orleans Saints. Will score tons, will give up a lot of points. I just don't have faith in this team to be consistent winners.

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Worst team in the NFL, IMO. Worse than the Lions.

AFC:

Pittsburgh

San Diego

New England

Tenessee

Baltimore

Indianapolis

NE>Indy, B'more >TE, SD>NE, Pittsburgh>B'more, Pittsburgh>SD.

NFC:

Chicago

New York

Carolina

Arizona

Green Bay

Philadelphia

Philly>Carolina, Green Bay>Arizona, Green Bay>New York, Chicago>Philly, Chicago>Green Bay

Pittsburgh repeats over da Bears.

Note: I think in both of these scenarios, the no. 5 seed has a legit claim at being the second-best team in its conference.

Turns out Mangini lies a lot too:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4462072

Apparently, the same man who helped save Western Civilization from Bill Belichick and video tape openly lies on his injury reports. Apparently, last season the hick who won't go away, Brett Favre, had pain in his throwing arm and they had an MRI done; found a torn bicep. The team was informed by Favre. Favre said that at the time, he addressed the situation with Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum, offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, and Brian Daboll, then the quarterbacks coach.

Well turns out that Mangini did not list Favre on the injury report, a big "No-no" by NFL Commissioner standards. I think its safe to say that Mangini may have been influenced by the situational use of the injury report by Bill Belichick. The article discusses the fines and how this one could be huge (and then waves the specter of lost draft picks). My feeling is that, like with SpyGate, I don't think the Jets got an advantage out of this (most notably because they still had to start Brett Favre), so I think just a hefty fine on both the Jets and Mangini.

Wasn't this a reverse Belichick? Usually, Bill will list a player on the injury report for a ingrown hair on his calf... not leave someone off it entirely. And lost draft picks? Who do you punish? Do you take draft picks from the team? Or do you take them from the new team who is coached by the guy who didn't list him?

Hmph. Just goes to show... nothing good comes of bringing in Brett Favre.

All I know... I'm ready to watch some football tonight!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Multiple sources provided 10News' Juliette Vara with new details about what led to the incident last Sunday involving San Diego Chargers star Shawne Merriman and reality TV star Tila Tequila at the linebacker's Poway home.

Sources close to the story told Vara that Tequila -- also known as Tila Nguyen -- was unhappy that she was not the only woman getting attention from Merriman, and jealousy played a role in the early morning altercation.

The sources told Vara that witnesses at Merriman's home said the three-time Pro Bowl linebacker went to his bedroom with two women.

Sources said Tequila walked into the room and Merriman asked her to join them. However, the sources said Tequila reacted angrily and threatened to have sex with a member of Merriman's entourage.

According to sources, Tequila was intoxicated, and she got naked and attempted to leave the house.

Sources told Vara that Merriman, 25, tried to stop the 27-year-old Tequila, and that is when she called 911.

http://www.10news.com/news/20821814/detail.html

Am I going to have to be the one to say it? Okay, I will...

You stay classy, San Diego.

Much as I love Rodney Harrison, I wish he hadn't felt the need to respond to TO. The "spy camera" crack wasn't worth getting riled up about.

I heartilly agree. TO is like a child who wants/needs/craves attention. Best bet is to ignore him and let his self-destruct. Still he doesn't deserve cracks like this or Cris Carter saying he'd put a bullet in TO's head.

Meh...Harrison is just a big a douche as TO. Trash talker. Roid user. One of the all time "dirty" players in the NFL dating back to his days in San Diego.

Harrison is a bigger douche. As the man said, TO is a clown. Harrison is a thug who talks about putting a hit on another player. Wish he would have just retired and gone away, instead I'll have to look at his stupid face on Sunday nights.

Harrison is a bigger douche. As the man said, TO is a clown. Harrison is a thug who talks about putting a hit on another player. Wish he would have just retired and gone away, instead I'll have to look at his stupid face on Sunday nights.

Well yeah he probably is a bigger douche...though to be honest I try not to spend too much of my time figuring out the rankings of known douche players in the NFL.

Let's just say they are both big douches and GET READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL! ;)

Archived