College Football III

Kalbear

It does matter for schools that don't sell out their games. Included in that would be Cal, Oregon State, Stanford, Arizona State, Wazzu. I think the others usually sell out, although USC fans are very much fair weather fans.

You mean there are teams that don't sell out their stadiums years in advance? No wonder you guys get fscked when it is bowl season!

You mean there are teams that don't sell out their stadiums years in advance? No wonder you guys get fscked when it is bowl season!

I'll have to do some more research here. I am pretty sure Washington State doesn't, same with Arizona State. I know Reeser stadium (where the Beavers play) isn't sold out all the time. Let me check on Stanford and Cal though.

There are still enough people who want to travel to make the bowl games fine, but yeah I'm sure that has factored in to Pac 10 teams getting fucked. Typically USC, Oregon, Washington and UCLA are the biggest fan bases in the Pac 10.

Ok just did some research. I'm sure Bronn will add more, but yeah Cal does sellout games. Arizona though does not, unless its their rivalry game or against USC. Not surprising since it is more of a hoops school. Stanford doesn't either, but then again it is a small private school. UCLA also has a bit of the Arizona in it when it comes to it, partly because they have a huge stadium and partly because they're also a basketball school more than a football one.

USC, Cal, Oregon and Washington are definitely the big football programs in the conference, and their attendance reflects that. Washington State doesn't do too bad given their location. They do travel well.

Well USC lost again today. 4th loss in conference this year. They really need to fix that offense for next year.

If I had to guess Arizona will get Holiday, Stanford/Cal will split Sun/Emerald, Oregon State gets Vegas and USC gets some poor schmuck team who they should destroy.

Alabama is being very impressive today. If they get a score here it could finish the game.

Alabama is being very impressive today. If they get a score here it could finish the game.

Yeah, I haven't watched them play since the VT game early in the season, but Alabama's passing game looks a lot better than I remember.

I also don't remember the CBS commentators being this bad..

Colt has two ints so far tonight.Nebraska's D is getting to and rattling him.

*Keeps fingers crossed.*

I don't really like rooting against individual players in CFB. But I gotta do what I gotta do.

1. Texas is really not impressing me.

2. If Nebraska had any sort of offense at all, I think they could pull this off. I just don't think they can shut down Texas all night. They need at least one legit score. Must be tough to watch this Ken.

there has been some great games today, Cincy and PITT battled to the last second, Clemson and GT is a back and forth war, South Florida and UCONN looks like its gonna go to the last play, and Texas Nebraska not an exciting but still a close hard fought game. God I love College football and will miss it when its gone.

Oh, Nebraska, Nebraska. Just a good, solid kick, no penalties, and the defensive effort you'd made that whole game, and you would have had it. Instead, though, you shot yourself in the foot, twice, and now Texas is off to the BCS title game and you guys are left with nothing for all your hard work.

I agree with Arakasi that if Nebraska had had a decent offense, that game would have been theirs. They had at least two red zone opportunities where they were forced to field goal, and that one nasty interception near the beginning after they blocked a punt.

Poor TCU - there goes their chance of cracking the top game. I suppose now they'll probably end up in the Fiesta Bowl, or possibly the Sugar Bowl against Florida.

Boise State must be breathing more easily. Since Texas is going to the top (where I hope Alabama thoroughly thrashes their lucky asses), there may yet be an at-large slot that you can slip into, although it's not guaranteed. We'll see tomorrow, I suppose.

If I had to guess Arizona will get Holiday, Stanford/Cal will split Sun/Emerald, Oregon State gets Vegas and USC gets some poor schmuck team who they should destroy.

Depending on where USC lands, they might end up playing us (Utah) in one of the various bowls that the MWC losers end up in (one of them plays the #6 team in the Pac-10, if I recall correctly).

for Texas to struggle so much with a not great Nebraska team is pretty startling, texas shouldn't be in the NC game and they're only going to the NC game over TCU & Cinci because of preseason ranking. shame.

after today's games if I were ranking

1. Alabama

2. TCU

3. Cincinatti

4. Texas

5. Boise

6. Florida

Archived