Whats games have you been playing of late? I'm Still Playing Morrowind.

Poobah

Mass Effect 2: Y'know, my favorite part of the art direction of ME was that the wimmens all had teh awesome combat armor without any of that irritating boob window bullshit of the kind seen in, say, Dragon Age. And so what does Bioware do with ME2? Why, cleavage, of course.

I suppose I should be grateful fem!Shepherd didn't get cleavage too, but no, I'm really not.

Mass Effect 2: Y'know, my favorite part of the art direction of ME was that the wimmens all had teh awesome combat armor without any of that irritating boob window bullshit of the kind seen in, say, Dragon Age. And so what does Bioware do with ME2? Why, cleavage, of course.

I suppose I should be grateful fem!Shepherd didn't get cleavage too, but no, I'm really not.

That's indeed annoying.

But it's not just the women although Jacks "armour" is by far the worst, but why is Garrus running around with damaged armour and nobody wearing helmets?

Yeah, I'd like a helmet option. Garrus' helmets were (for the most part) really awesome.

They do wear their helmets, but only on missions that require them because of the atmosphere or whatever.

And yeah. Miranda was painted into her alternate costume. But I can appreciate it.

Mass Effect 2: Y'know, my favorite part of the art direction of ME was that the wimmens all had teh awesome combat armor without any of that irritating boob window bullshit of the kind seen in, say, Dragon Age.And so what does Bioware do with ME2? Why, cleavage, of course.

They had to do something to appease the side boob contigent.

And yeah. Miranda was painted into her alternate costume. But I can appreciate it.

It wasn't the painted on part that was the problem (ME armor was always form fitting, this was just more so), it was the, "wait, why does your combat gear leave your skin exposed?" part. Which normally (see Dragon Age) I just ignore, but goddammit, the first game did it right.

Playing through HL2 again and I'm on Highway 17. God, what a piece of shit level. This is where Valve got lazy, with the endless fucking gunships and respawning rocket crates. The Source engine is also annoying me when I get stuck on random stuff in the environment (a plank of wood that somehow slows me down?).

Ugh. Not sure I can take this much longer. Gonna go back to Awakening, which I'm finding rather good so far.

Still doing some Dawn of War II. Weirdest game yet was a few days ago. Basically, went up against Chaos as Eldar with a Warp Spider Exarch, and their fucking Chaos Lord shredded my tier 1 guys. Like, all the time. Anyway, I was hemorrhaging points and getting pwned, but I noticed that he didn't seem to be reinforcing his Cultists, which I was slowly attriting, and he also didn't seem to have built any generators. At any rate, I have fewer than 100 points remaining and I finally get my Wraithlord out, so I send it and my guardians and banshees to go try to kill the Lord. And I learn that he still only has Cultists with him. And I massacre them all. And I take all the victory points. And, with 33 points remaining while he still had 500, I go on to win the match. Because he never, ever, bothered to tech. Or get power.

God, that must have been so demoralizing for him.

DA: Awakenings. Sweet.

Just Cause 2: Much less awesome than I'd expected. Very meh so far.

Good Old Games have just re-released Outcast and Master of Orion I and II (the latter two as one double package for like $6). I snatched up Outcast because my PC at the time would have melted if it had tried to run it, but now laughs in the face of it.

I'm intrigued by reports that its open-world AI leaves the much later (as in ten years later) likes of Oblivion and Fallout 3 in the dust, and whilst its voxel-based graphics looked a bit off at the time, they curiously don't seem to have dated as much as contemporary polygon games (and bemusingly I've seen some recent reports suggesting that voxels, or a voxel-like approach, may be the way things go in the future). Intriguing. One happy by-product of the voxel-based approach is that no graphics card tech is used at all, and an ancient 3D game clashing with modern 3D cards is one of the more common reasons why older games won't work with modern hardware. No problems on that score then.

I got Assasin's Creed 2 yesterday. It's awesome. So much better than the first one. Sure it's easy - but heck it's just plain fun.

Thank you Ubi. Your DRM severs suck, but your game is worth the while.

We got Assasins Creed 2 recently as well and can only agree, lots of fun!

My husband and I were looking for a good game to play together and tried Army of Two for about 5 minutes, then we decided to buy an extention pack for Borderlands instead. Its a lot of fun with new cars and highways and new enemies and things. Plus, you get to meet Scooters Mom!

My husband and I were looking for a good game to play together and tried Army of Two for about 5 minutes, then we decided to buy an extention pack for Borderlands instead. Its a lot of fun with new cars and highways and new enemies and things. Plus, you get to meet Scooters Mom!

He. I'm waiting for the GOTY Edition - don't want to download three different DLC's. They are all censored here in Germany, so I'd have to buy some points for my UK Acc, but since I have 3000 on my German Acc, I am unwilling to buy Borderlands.

But I hear, that it is awesome.

Awakenings: I'd say it's on par with, or a little better than, Throne of Bhaal. Which is to say, the combat doesn't scale up well and everything feels a little rushed, but it's still fun.

Except the Architect. I haven't the faintest fucking idea how I"m meant to take that bastard out. Except maybe with those imba abilities that I'm not abusing. Dammit.

After about 40 hours of FF13 (on Chapter 11), I've grown tired of it. Maybe I'm just taking a little break. Maybe I'm done with it completely. I'm not sure yet.

I've been drawn back to Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. Working through Mentor difficulty, and not finding it to be all that tough. I am, however, horrible at the Team Missions.

I also picked up Killzone 2 this week. I had played it before, and was just waiting for a price drop. It's as good as I remember.

I'm playing Mount & Blade - Warband :thumbsup:

What a gorgeous game - real gem with the best fighting system ever implemented in RPG or any other game genre.

This stand-alone expansions brings better graphics (some of most impressive depiction of middle ages fortresses, and villages), new map, new faction (Sarranid Sultanate), new quests, and bit more you can do around the map.

I still haven't tried multiplayer, but game is gorgeous even in single player mode.

Ditto. I have been consumed with this game. I played a ton of multi-player in the beta, but the single player game has taken over my game time.

Archived