World of Warcraft encore

Yagathai

I'm debating publicly posting possibly the most stupid ego-fed and hideous thing I've ever read, but I would have to gquit and server transfer after to get away from the poster, our raid leader.

Decision to follow.

-Poobs

That sounds like you might need to get away from the raid leader due to your own frustration & irritation.

We haven't gotten our guild bank losses restored yet, so I guess customer service is taking their sweet time.

So I see they're upping the Battered Hilt drop rate after having nerfed it. But taking the drop chance off of the skeletal slaves in Pit. I guess too many people were farming the Necrolyte/Slave pulls (though really, all the trash is easily farmable), but not enough people are getting hilts.

Had good results with the dungeon finder last night, even when I queued as dps alone; missed out on 5 potential triumph due to skipping Eck in the first run and finding an in-progress run with only Galadrah left (yes, I got Gun'drak twice in a row), but since what I needed was fast Frost before my D&D game, not complaining.

Got a random Forge of Souls group in my continued attempt to grab the 1.8 spd dagger that the Devourer drops...and got kicked from the group for no reason and with no discussion just after we cleared up to him. Epic.

I was beating the nearest dps by over 1k...they were all from the same server, though, so maybe they had a rogue they were better friends with to pull in. Craptastic either way.

I wish there was a better PvP spec I could use considering I'm carrying around the sword from the Battered Hilt jazz, but I can't figure one out that isn't losing some really key stuff from assasination.

Mm well I wanted to pug a raid we hadn't had time in our raid calendar to pug this week, last night, and made a post asking if anyone else wanted to join me (after and outside of raiding hours) and he pretty much told me that if I wanted to raid that raid then I'd do it as and when he wanted or find another guild.

Mm well I wanted to pug a raid we hadn't had time in our raid calendar to pug this week, last night, and made a post asking if anyone else wanted to join me (after and outside of raiding hours) and he pretty much told me that if I wanted to raid that raid then I'd do it as and when he wanted or find another guild.

If a raid leader told me when and where I could raid, I would be /gquitting immediately.

Mixed results in randoms last night. First one was HoL, the healer decided I wasn't pulling the trash fast enough, so proceeded to 'assist'. The good thing about the randomizer is - no lockouts beyond the 15 minute timer thing. So I apologized to the DPS and left the group, explaining I wouldn't run with a healer who decided how much I should be pulling.

Second time was HoL again, with me DPSing on different toon. Healer wasn't able to keep us all alive during Loken (staying at his feet), and then proceeded to leave group without rezzing us. Had to corpse run back to the instance entrance, by which time all others had left the group as well. Which meant I couldn't enter the instance to rez - 50g of repairs and 10 minutes of rez sickness from rezzing at the graveyard.

But am loving the weekly raid quest - Patch a second time in a row on our server. Enough folk were on in the guild to allow us to put together a run, and 5 minutes later we all had our 10 sparkly Emblems.

With the teleport stone to Saph and KT now, I can also see us coming in and doing them on 10 and 25 man on a weekly basis, just to get the last few folk their achievements without having to wade through Naxx (which honestly wouldn't be that big of a deal now, it's just more time-efficient to run heroics for emblems rahter than Naxx).

And I've guild kicked people for raiding when and where they want.

Look if you join a guild to raid with normally its beacuse they are hoping you'll a) be good, and B) be available.

Here is how I see things. I've got a pool of ~40 raiders for 25 spots an any one time. On any given night usually 30-35 show up. That gives me a cusion and allows for the right balance on different fights. But it does require some people to sit out. I try and work everyone in, but sometimes, I either forget, or it just doesnt work out as we are working on progression and arent downing multiple bosses that night.

However when Raider X who is on back up decides that hey I'll go PuG Ony since I'm not in, and then even tries to recruit more of my back ups to go along, I'm not going to be happy. First it takes away my flexibility. What if someone DC's or has to leave, then we are screwed.

So for me, a GM, as a raider your ID belongs to us. You don't go saving yourself to other raids, you don't do other raids during my raid, you don't say you can't raid tonight then try and pug on an alt. If that doesn't work for you then yeah, maybe you need to find a different guild.

Now, having said that, if you missed when we did a particular raid, or didn't get in on that one, or its something we dont run as an official raid like Naxx, you are certainly welcome to pug it outside of our set raid times. 10 mans you are free to do at your leisure outside our set raid times.

If a raid leader told me when and where I could raid, I would be /gquitting immediately.

QFT.

But am loving the weekly raid quest - Patch a second time in a row on our server. Enough folk were on in the guild to allow us to put together a run, and 5 minutes later we all had our 10 sparkly Emblems.

We got Anub'rekhan and then Ignis, thankfully we left Ignis out last week because we extended our lock out to go work on some keepers that we never downed and we're all too lazy to go through all those other bosses again.

I see some rage quits happening in the future. I've decided to put an end to the Guilds "Bring anyone who is available," approach. We're dragging to many raiders who don't know how to listen to directions or learn fight mechanics and then getting loot that experienced raiders have been spending weeks to get.

Mostly I think we're going to lose one of our Shamans who already complains every time he doesn't win gear because he thinks that he should have priority since he has not been in a raid in a long time :-/. We'll see how it goes.

Stego man (and everyone else who was hacked) I hope all your stuff get's restored soon.

Locking yourself to a raid that the guild is doing this lockout (unless you already know that you won't be able to make the guild run, I guess), is defintiely verboten. Precluding your attendance to a guild raid by attending a PuG is not acceptable.

But if the guild says "We're not doing Ony this week", then I can't imagine it being reasonable for that to mean "not only is the guild not going to kill Ony this week, but nobody in the guild is gong to kill Ony this week". It sounds like the guild leader was saying "If you are in my guild, you do not zone into a raid instance unless it is a guild raid, ever." Which is unacceptable to my mind. If your guild isn't running the raid this lockout, or you know you can't attend it (running on Friday only, when you work that night, for example), you shouldn't be unable to run the raid at all.

I can see reserving things like Ony for throwing in at the end of a guild raid, since it's quick and can serve as a morale booster or just capstone to a good night, but if we're talking about something that isn't quick and the guild hasn't scheduled, I can't see having the right to demand people don't go to those raids.

And I've guild kicked people for raiding when and where they want.

Look if you join a guild to raid with normally its beacuse they are hoping you'll a) be good, and B) be available.

Here is how I see things. I've got a pool of ~40 raiders for 25 spots an any one time. On any given night usually 30-35 show up. That gives me a cusion and allows for the right balance on different fights. But it does require some people to sit out. I try and work everyone in, but sometimes, I either forget, or it just doesnt work out as we are working on progression and arent downing multiple bosses that night.

However when Raider X who is on back up decides that hey I'll go PuG Ony since I'm not in, and then even tries to recruit more of my back ups to go along, I'm not going to be happy. First it takes away my flexibility. What if someone DC's or has to leave, then we are screwed.

So for me, a GM, as a raider your ID belongs to us. You don't go saving yourself to other raids, you don't do other raids during my raid, you don't say you can't raid tonight then try and pug on an alt. If that doesn't work for you then yeah, maybe you need to find a different guild.

Now, having said that, if you missed when we did a particular raid, or didn't get in on that one, or its something we dont run as an official raid like Naxx, you are certainly welcome to pug it outside of our set raid times. 10 mans you are free to do at your leisure outside our set raid times.

Man, with a guild leader like you, no wonder Stego faked having his account hacked. He probably just needed some time away.

Poobah only provides a minimum of information about this and other interactions between the guild leader and Poobah, so each of us gets to fill in the gaps based on our own experiences.

As Race says, Guilds of Raiders expect the Raiders to completely support the Guild's Raiding activity. Although this particular raid was not yet scheduled, I assume from the time of the posting that we are talking about the first day of a 7 day raiding week, there would be plenty of time after other raids, or on off days, for the Guild to try and pick up this Raid.

It is bad enough to take yourself out of the Raiding Pool, it is much worse to try to recruit others to put themselves before the rest of the guild for the sake of a few emblems or a phat loot drop. The desire to do this, when there is new 5 man content and access to cross realm heroics and those emblems available to any single player, versus the chance that it might sour your relationship to the Guild and the Guild Leader, seems questionable at best.

As a one off, can't really see Poobah's point. If it is a straw that breaks the camel's back event, than it makes a little more sense. But I would not choose to PUG a generation or two older 25 man raid that my Guild might or might not get to this week, with all the inherent issues of working with 25 unknown entities, when I can do solid guild 10 and 25 man runs on ICC, TOC, TOCG and fill in with the new 5 mans and random heroics. I don't have the time and wouldn't want to jeopardize my access to the best raids available in the game.

So has anyone else gotten into the Holiday Spirit by selling easily obtainable crap for massive markups on the AH?

I've made over 200g so far buying Milk for 1s per 5, walking 20 feet and selling it for 10g per 5 on the AH.

Got a random Forge of Souls group in my continued attempt to grab the 1.8 spd dagger that the Devourer drops...and got kicked from the group for no reason and with no discussion just after we cleared up to him. Epic.

I was beating the nearest dps by over 1k...they were all from the same server, though, so maybe they had a rogue they were better friends with to pull in. Craptastic either way.

They usually are polite enough to kick me at the START of FoS. Although it's always about the Trinket.

I used to just run FoS as DPS (which takes WAY longer then as a tank) so I didn't feel bad about swiping the trinket, but after gettnig 2 of them ninjaed by healers, fuck that shit.

As a one off, can't really see Poobah's point. If it is a straw that breaks the camel's back event, than it makes a little more sense. But I would not choose to PUG a generation or two older 25 man raid that my Guild might or might not get to this week, with all the inherent issues of working with 25 unknown entities, when I can do solid guild 10 and 25 man runs on ICC, TOC, TOCG and fill in with the new 5 mans and random heroics. I don't have the time and wouldn't want to jeopardize my access to the best raids available in the game.

I can see where you're coming from, but I'm inclined to agree with Poobah based on the assumption that the raid was not scheduled for the week at all.

Every Tuesday I talk it over with my fellow Raid Leaders and we schedule the raids for that week. This usually leaves out a number of raids as we only raid 2-3 times a week. If, one day we all decide "Hey let's hit Ulduar" but we didn't have it scheduled, I don't think any of us really mind if anyone is saved. Sure we may have run it, but I only require that you make scheduled raids. I guess it just depends on your Raid Leaders and guild make up.

On a side note. Has anyone done Lord M since the nerf? Is he less healing intensive? Our healers were unable to take a single break from spamming heals last time we were in there and I'd like to know if his melee reduction is significant.

So has anyone else gotten into the Holiday Spirit by selling easily obtainable crap for massive markups on the AH?

I've made over 200g so far buying Milk for 1s per 5, walking 20 feet and selling it for 10g per 5 on the AH.

I made a fairly large chunk of cash on day 1, having hoarded holiday spices from last year and placing a ton of cookies on the AH. Now I just place a couple of dozen small eggs on the AH every day at an obscene markup for a tidy little profit. Also Deeprock Salt, which I have several stacks of for some reason, probably left over from when I was levelling LW and needed it.

I was beating the nearest dps by over 1k...they were all from the same server, though, so maybe they had a rogue they were better friends with to pull in.
As stated above, it's almost certainly the trinket and the worry that you'd be going after it. They probably just decided to 4-man it.

A hunter in my guild desperately wants that trinket and has been tempted to kick pugs. So far we've curbed that notion.

As stated above, it's almost certainly the trinket and the worry that you'd be going after it. They probably just decided to 4-man it.

A hunter in my guild desperately wants that trinket and has been tempted to kick pugs. So far we've curbed that notion.

Wow really? Mjolnir runestone is actually still better by a small margin and I don't see people clambering after that. Maybe it's the higher ilevel?

That's so sad. At the very least the kid should have a larger frame...

Re: Holiday mark ups.

This holiday is the worst for it. I seriously don't understand how many people can fail to notice that the vendor sells everything they need. I may start selling Holiday Spirits too. I've been hoarding Small Eggs since Winter Veil first came out and it's been a frequent source of income over the years. Only providing higher profit as the game continues.

Stil no intraweb here, so no new fancy dungeons for me. Hopefully be up this weekend, and can get back into things. I'm leaning towards dumping a character or two... but since I got most my chars mostly doing non-raid shit, probably doesn't really matter, I just need to make a decision on which char I want to PUG raids on. Otherwise I end up with 3 shit geared chars.

Archived