Footie 17

Mme Erzulie

If Portsmouth manage to reach the final again (and mabye even win it :lol: ) then they could be in Europe next season. The cheques for the final and the UEFA Cup group stages could sort out their problems (a bit). My Portsouth supporting friend says that they might then be able to attract a buyer who actually has some money.

Birmingham just put the ball over the goalline but it wasn't given. And, with perfect timing.....

The International Football Association Board has announced that goalline technology will not be pursued in the near future. :lol:

The head-scratcher here is that the Irish FA voted against it.

Patrick Nelson, chief executive of the Irish FA, also backed Fifa's position. "We very much appreciate the human side of the game, the debate, the controversy, that's why the board has taken this decision," he said.

Henry? Forgotten about, it would seem...

Interesting to see that across the various leagues the title race this year is still very close.

In England, Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal are still in very close contention. In Germany, Bayern Munich, Bayer Leverkusen and Schalke are also very close. In Holland, PSV Eindhoven, FC Twente and Ajax are close. In Italy you have Inter, AC Milan and AS Roma all within a couple of points, mainly because Milan and Roma have had good runs and Inter has been dropping points. And in Spain, Real Madrid took first place yesterday from Barcelona, both teams now have 62 points.

In France there are still 6 teams very close together.

I watched the Falkirk-Celtic game earlier. The pitch was as bad as I feared. I've seen better rugby pitches. We secured a 2-0 win, Keane grabbed a brace.

Kind of watching the Everton-Hull game, now, but I'm not entirely interested. :P

Every time you start to think Liverpool are getting their shit together, they go and do something like this.

Pretty amazing to see Wigan shoot ahead of Sunderland. I had thought Wigan would seriously struggle, having lost Steve Bruce to Sunderland. I'm glad to see them get the win though, because I like Roberto Martinez. I saw Swansea playing Fulham last season, and thought they had great and entertaining play.

Liverpool are really terrible, how are they even in the top 10? If Sunderland don't beat Bolton I think Bruce really has got to think about what he is doing. People are calling for his head for a while, I've not been a fan of that option, we've had too many managers gone recently, and Bruce is a proven Prem manager, and he did bring in much higher quality players than anyone else (Cana, Cattermole, Bent, Mensah, Turner). But this run is awful, and we certainly deserved to get some points...robbed at Pompey and Everton for example. But really we have to win this one. 16th place is just not good enough for the quality of players we have.

I didn't think Wigan would struggle, they've done worse that I thought really, they have some class players. Wouldn't mind robbing a few of them. Rodallega, Hendry Thomas and McCarthy would be nice.

Villa are my pick for 4th.

Fucking abysmal.

+1

I'm another who thinks Wigan have some decent players and could do better with them. In addition to FB07's picks, I've liked N'Zogbia since he was at NUFC. If you just exempt him from defensive duty he offers a lot in attack.

Liverpool are really terrible, how are they even in the top 10? If Sunderland don't beat Bolton I think Bruce really has got to think about what he is doing. People are calling for his head for a while, I've not been a fan of that option, we've had too many managers gone recently, and Bruce is a proven Prem manager, and he did bring in much higher quality players than anyone else (Cana, Cattermole, Bent, Mensah, Turner). But this run is awful, and we certainly deserved to get some points...robbed at Pompey and Everton for example. But really we have to win this one. 16th place is just not good enough for the quality of players we have.

I didn't think Wigan would struggle, they've done worse that I thought really, they have some class players. Wouldn't mind robbing a few of them. Rodallega, Hendry Thomas and McCarthy would be nice.

Villa are my pick for 4th.

I may be hitting miles wide of the mark on this, but I've always seen Steve Bruce as the man you bring in when you need the ship steadying, he'll get you a good string of results when he first comes in but after time he slips into medicority, abit like a rich mans Neil Warnock!

. But this run is awful, and we certainly deserved to get some points...robbed at Pompey and Everton for example. But really we have to win this one. 16th place is just not good enough for the quality of players we have.

Bruce's teams have always gone on terrible runs, I don't know what it is. You just have to hang in there till it blows over, chances are you'll finish next season punching above your weight. But of course, that's on the assumption you stay up this.

Archived