Lost Season 6 v.2

Demonblade

And by the way Sawyer, I'm pretty sure submarines aren't easy to drive either. Just saying. I'm also pretty sure that's one of the worst attempts at a cliffhanger in Lost history. Was the "DUH DUH DUH" music really necessary?

May have been the cheesiest moment on the show ever. Double eye-roll necessary.

Now that we know that Sawyer is a cop in the alternate reality, the fact that he helped a fugitive/murderer (Kate) escape from the airport is very confusing.

Not sawyers best episode, sadly. I've been liking the sideways so far throughout the season, but this episode they felt a bit fractured, like they were trying to tell too much story with them, so they didnt really have the time to handle it well.

It was great seeing Widmore again, though. And Des being in that locked cabin seems somewhat plausible to me.

Seeing as Desmonds centric will be 6.11, and I have no idea how they'd otherwise bring him to the island and have him do something significant there.

Also what the heck was this stuff about Flocke's disturbed mother?

The ending was awkward - they played Giant Cliffhanger Music, while really it wasn't shocking at all. Also has Sawyer totally forgotten Juliet by now so he can hook up with kate again, or what? Seems like it.

Also what the heck was this stuff about Flocke's disturbed mother?

That was another Lucifer ploy. In that scene he's telling Kate something that she can relate to in order to get her to do something I(which in this case is likely to kill Claire). He's simply playing on Kate's issues.

Decent episode. We learned Widmore is opposed to MIB, which clarifies some points, and that Sawyer is out for #1 rather than a willing convert to MIB's cause, which we probably could have guessed anyway but still good to know for sure. MIB's spiel about his mother is interesting, especially if you follow the theory that he and Jacob could be brothers (maybe his mother loved Jacob and not him?). Interesting to see if we hear more about that.

The sideways was worth watching just for the Miles & Sawyer buddy cop show. If that's the spin-off, I'll watch it.

Next week's episode looks like pretty big stuff.

I seriously doubt that the stuff about MiB's mother was just bull. This is not the time to hint at elaborate backstories that turn out to be false; it's the time to hint at the one true backstory that's about to be revealed. Seriously, Locke's acting in that scene was too intense and focused to be just some stuff made up on the spot. Plus, if it was, they'd need an awkward scene later on where Locke patiently explains to Kate that that was improvisation, just to set the record straight for the viewer. That would be weird.

Widmore is Jacob's man? This is why I just prefer to ride it out. I don't like trying to figure out who's with who and who did what ... it shall all be revealed in good time. But I wonder how all the Ajira folk died? I somehow believe Widmore when he says he didn't do it.

It occurs to me now that Widmore wasn't fighting with Ben because they're on opposing sides of the war. They're fighting over how to fight the war for Jacob.

I can never hate an episode featuring Miles and Sawyer as buddy cops. It also had Kate getting attacked from behind, and Charlotte looking gorgeous.

At last we've found the proper spin-off for the show once it's done! Man how awesome would that be?

Charlotte's crazy for shutting the door on him, that's just how it is.
That was one of the best single scenes in all of Lost, and possibly television. Way to subvert the tropes, Lost! Way to tell that total douchebag that he can't just show up at her doorstep with a sunflower and a beer and expect to get some!

My wife and I both cheered when we saw that. It was full of win. The sideways world MUST be the best of all possible worlds.

Otherwise kind of a plodding ep, but oddly this was another one where I was actively interested in the sideways.

Also, I figure that when FLocke took Claire aside, he was telling her that he needed Kate for now...but Claire could kill her soon. And until then, she needs to act all happy around her and get her guard down.

I think Locke's "mother" that he was talking about was MiB's mother. At least that's how I read it. Or, it's a complete lie in hopes that Kate will never let Aaron near Claire.

Great episode. I mirror the Sawyer/Miles buddy cop sentiments. Sawyer as a cop really threw me for a loop. So did the Charlotte thing. I guess I should have gotten that when Miles said he knew someone who worked in a museum.

Great episode. I mirror the Sawyer/Miles buddy cop sentiments. Sawyer as a cop really threw me for a loop. So did the Charlotte thing. I guess I should have gotten that when Miles said he knew someone who worked in a museum.

Worked with his dad in the museum. I was kinda hoping we'd see his dad too...

I have another theory here. I'm thinking that Jughead was not the catalyst for the split timelines, but rather, Jacob's death.

In the original timeline, Jacob touched Sawyer when he was writing the note. Not only that, but he gave Sawyer the pen that he used to write the note. That note could have been what caused Sawyer to become the con-man that he is in the Island timeline, obsessing over that note, over the name Sawyer. If there was no Jacob to touch him, no Jacob to give him the pen to write that note, perhaps Ford (because he isn't Sawyer in this timeline) waits until after he becomes a cop to try and find out who Sawyer is.

And perhaps Jacob had more to do with the situations that our LOSTies were in then we originally thought. Perhaps Jacob kept the real Sawyer, Anthony Cooper, Locke's dad, on his life of crime, which led to Cooper throwing Locke out of a window. It seems to me that something has turned Locke's dad away from his life of crime, because in the LA X timeline, there is no ill will between Locke and his dad.

On another note, the title is Ab Aeterno which is Latin for "Since the beginning of time" or "Since a very long time". Have to admit, that definitely sounds like Richard!

The bigger hint for me was seeing Rebecca Mader's name in the credits.

Why did cop Sawyer let Kate go at the airport? Same reason that sideways world Claire decided to start trusting Kate. I think there is some kind of recognition between the Oceanic survivors from the "real" world. Probably subconscious, they don't even know why, but it's still there.

Way to subvert the tropes, Lost! Way to tell that total douchebag that he can't just show up at her doorstep with a sunflower and a beer and expect to get some!

Hah, I was thinking the same thing. When I saw the six-pack and the sunflower, I thought "that crow is never gonna caw, at least it wouldn't in real life", and for once, the show's characters were on the same page as me.

Why did cop Sawyer let Kate go at the airport? Same reason that sideways world Claire decided to start trusting Kate. I think there is some kind of recognition between the Oceanic survivors from the "real" world. Probably subconscious, they don't even know why, but it's still there.

While that makes the most sense, I also simply thought that, as Ford explained to Charlotte, there was a time where he knew he was either going to be a crook or a cop and he chose cop. There's a little bit of the con man in him still. It's almost as though he let her go as a kindred spirit.

That and it's obviously tied into the whole other world thing... :P

Here's my greatest issue with the whole show, start to finish. In a world where everyone lies all the time, and half of these lies end up being found out, why do they ever believe anything anyone says without proof? When charac A tells B "I lied about this but not about that, and you have to believe me" and then charc B does believe them, it just proves B is a moron. If you agree with this premise, then by extension, you agree it's a show about a bunch of morons.

quick thought about Desmond- I'm hoping as "the constant" that he will remember both time streams, like be living in one, but maybe have flashes of the other, and then can use this knowledge somehow. Also looking forward to the Richard Alpert ep; they're right to hype it.

Seriously, Locke's acting in that scene was too intense and focused to be just some stuff made up on the spot.

I felt the same. To me, it seemed like some backstory tease in, as in where did Jacob and FLocke come from, why are they at odds, etc.

Plus, I just want to note that maybe it's because Terry O' Quinn is absolutely killing it as FLocke this season. It's pretty great watching him playing a different role, but still somewhat Locke. He and Michael Emerson have really taken the basic acting level on the show up so many notches over the seasons.

The bigger hint for me was seeing Rebecca Mader's name in the credits.

reusing characters from the past isn't really doing that much for me in these episodes. Okay, so there they are again, big coincidence, hurrah. What purpose are they serving, except to see how the actors have aged versus their time-frozen characters? I suspect the real reason they're doing it is to save the introduction of new faces and new backstories.

Damnit, when Sawyer is in the sub with Widmore, and he agrees to lie to Flocke and bring him to Widmore so Widmore can kill him, and Widmore asks "what do you want in return?".... for a fleeting moment I foolishly thought Sawyer was actually going to go with "How about you tell me exactly what the @#$^% is going on here??!?!!??". But of course not. He just wants someone else to promise to get him off the island with no intention of following through on it.

Any chance the Jack/Kate/Sawyer triangle can just be dropped from the story completely? I don't think anyone will complain.

Archived