Suvudu Cagematch: Jaime Kills Them ALL

jurble

I was dissapointed there was no Kellhus.

Me too. Then again Kellhus would have simply seized control of the entire tournament and have them all working for him, or helping him kill those he felt would not succumb ;)

Locke is in there to die, much like Jaime is.

He’s not going to waste time and effort swatting at birds with his sword, either. He’s encased in gilded steel. What are they going to do, crap on him?

:lmao:

As for the overall, I think Cthulhu's got this in the bag. Kvothe's naming would help him against most people, but Cthulhu's "true" name is probably so hard to pronounce that it won't matter.

I voted for Hermione. It's ridiculous to think that one-handed Jaime can defeat magic; I think that if it came down to this duel, Hermione would totally pull out the death curses.

It's so not ridiculous. Conan the barbarian killed a necromancer every Friday, and Hermione is only a wizard in training, she's like level 0 or something. I very much doubt she'd pull out the death-curses (and she's never used one anyway... at least at the beginning of the HP series spells were something where you had to get the intonation and waving of the wand right and required practice). Also, spells are slow. You have to speak to use them and speak precisely. Jaime could easily bull-rush her, and chances are she wouldn't react in time. I seem to have a recollection that a tough hide like that of a dragon could protect some monsters from harming spells, so maybe a steel armor would also help him. The one-handed bit would only really impair Jaime if facing a character who actually knew how to fight (like Conan or Drizzt), Hermione doesn't know how to parry, dodge or riposte, so even a poor swing or a shield bash should be enough to take her out pretty quickly. Finally, Hermione is an 'author's little darling' character, which I think should lose her points if the duel takes place on neutral ground.

My issue is with Hermione herself, I don't think she could pull off beating Jaime, she wouldn't use a killing curse. Jaime vs. Dumbledore, I would vote Dumbledore in a heart beat. Dumbledore would mop the floor with Jaime. Hell, even Dumbledore vs. Melisandre, I'd put money on Dumbledore. Dumbledore could go toe to toe with most fantasy wizards who haven't stolen god-powers (Raistlin).

I voted for Hermione. It's ridiculous to think that one-handed Jaime can defeat magic; I think that if it came down to this duel, Hermione would totally pull out the death curses.

Hermione would thow a disarm spell, depriving Jaime of his sword. He would then beat her to death with his golden hand. Game, set and match.

Exactly. Hermione's not a particularly violent person. She and Jaime have very different ideas about how to fight. For instance, one would consider rushing their opponent and smashing their teeth out with an armored fist fair play. The other would most likely not.

I was hoping Arthur Dayne would be the ASOIAF representative, but the part that got me is, since when does Jaime wield Valyrian steel? I don't think we can really count Oathkeeper has ever having been his. He certainly never used it.

Pretty sure its just regular castle-forged for Mr. One Hand.

Clearly the answer is Kahlan Amnell. Just when Cthulu is about to strike the terrible final blow, a war will break out, and deus ex machina will save the day.

Delete this now I say!

The possibility of Cthulu,tentacles, almost-rape and Kahlan Amnell is too much for even a hardened Lemming like myself to handle.

Archived