Salma Hayek, hottest woman of the modern era?

Ser Scot A Ellison

The hottest woman on the planet is this gorgeous redhead that comes by every three months to get her prescription refill. I nearly swallowed my tongue last summer because I gasped so hard at the sight of her in this amazing sundress. I have no pics so you're going to have to trust me on this one.

As for celebrities, these days they don't do much for me, although Jennifer Connelly and Monica Belucci are two of my all-time faves.

Redheads are fine. Redheads are great. But Gillian Anderson isn't remotely close to the above mentioned women. 15 years ago she certainly wasn't; Monica was still hotter, Salma was still hotter, and Gillian's only real claim to fame was that she was in a geeky cult show. I realize you probably masturbated to X-Files more than anything else growing up, but that large amount of spunk does not make her that much hotter.

Heck, if you're going for hot redheads, at least mention Nicole Kidman.

But now, we must ask, who is the hottest man of the modern era? Who is Adonis reborn?

If you asked me a month ago I would have said Brad Pitt, from the early years. But - and I know I'm late to the party- I watched all of BSG in three weeks or so and I developed a huge crush on Jamie Bamber that just doesn't seem to be going away.

Selma Hayek is really hot but she's not Helen reborn. I used to think Angelina was my dream woman but I don't like the way she looks these days.

Seriously, why do people think Jennifer Connelly and Jessica Alba are attractive? Alba was slightly attractive during her Dark Angel days, but that was back before she bleached the daylights out of herself.

Salma Hayak is very attractive and so is Aishwarya Rai.

Thor85,

Not only can Belluci not win a Latina curves contest (being Italian, and therefore not Latina!), but I'm pretty sure measured measurement for measurement, you'd find that Hayek is definitely curvier -- not least because the curves are on a 5'2" frame.

I'll always think of Arianne Martell as Salma Hayek, for that reason, FWIW. ;)

so I'm not the only one. Which makes reading those sections of AFFC even more fun.

Am I missing something here? Who is this Salma Hayek and why is she considered so amazing? Quick google image search says she's averagely hot with big boobs.

People have been banned permanently for saying less than this. hell, people have been killed for less than this.

Gillian Andersen was popular 15 years ago, but never had been head spinning, channel surf stopping beautiful - Desperado comes on? clicker goes away. Dogma? yep. hell, even Wild Wild West gets a look. XFiles? not so much.

Jennifer Connelly is very attractive (though not quite as great after the breast reduction). She has very classic beauty and exudes a kind of grace.

But I wouldn't call her hot.

The more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards Padma.

Mostly I just wanted an excuse to post this ad. On top of her insane hotness, there's this thrilling frisson that goes up my spine at the sight of an Indian woman eating a juicy burger.

That was pretty hawt, DG.

Nicole Kidman is not hot. Half the people mentioned are not hot. Hollywood make up and lighting folks, make up and lighting. You'd be amazed.
I'd mostly agree (though she's been good in a couple things as a super hot woman), but it seems like most people have missed the 'hot' thing and gone for the 'random person they wanked to' thing.

But it's not really for debate that Nicole Kidman is at least hotter than Gillian Anderson.

Megan Fox is easily above. Sure, Selma is a pretty hot woman but IMHO Miss Fox is of a much more divine level of beauty :bowdown: .

This is so absolutely ridiculous I must scoff at you.

Megan Fox is the product of plastic surgery. Salma is beauty personified.

You guys really need to keep it to just the face, otherwise it will get too messy. Also if you open it up there is one very clear winner.

I'm surprised to see the names of so many actresses and so few supermodels.

Linda Evangelista. Christy Turlington.

Im of the opinion that what guys find pretty and girls find pretty are usually pretty different. Most models do absolutely nothing for me or most men i know.

Hayek, Bellucci, Portman, Connelly, Angelina Jolie.

What's wrong with this list? Too many cold brunettes and not a single fiery redhead. Having said that, I take back my previous rather shallow nominations (I thought this thread was less serious then :) ) and nominate Gillian Anderson, in her younger Agent Dana Scully incarnation, with all of my heart. At her prime Gillian was the hottest woman of modern era, period. And don't see any actress as emerging yet to trump Gillian Anderson's monumental achievement.

I got so wrapped up in gazing at these goddesses that when i googled Gillian Anderson my first thought was "ew!no!!"

It also occured to me, that we are missing out on one face that really should have been mentioned already - Catherine Zetta. In her prime (ala Zoro) i'd move that she was the most stunning woman on earth.

The more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards Padma.

Mostly I just wanted an excuse to post this ad. On top of her insane hotness, there's this thrilling frisson that goes up my spine at the sight of an Indian woman eating a juicy burger.

Dude, that burger looked nasty. She is hot though, agreed.

Guest Raidne

You know, if I, personally, had to choose most overrated and/or most hideously appalling female that people seem to think is amazingly attractive, I would choose Nicole Kidman over Sarah Jessica Parker, with the possible exception of Eyes Wide Shut. But really, when you're so botoxed that you're the clear front-runner for the Stepford Wives, you're just not in the running anymore.

Besides, hottest redhead was mentioned really early on in the thread - Christina Hendricks.

mash, I have a thing for Jamie Bamber also, but no way is in the hottest man alive category. I feel the same way about, say Ryan Gosling. Serious presence and/or gravitas is required for that kind of thing, like the aforementioned Brad/George or a young Sean Connery. It's too bad Daniel Craig's not a little better in the face, honestly.

I do not get the Salma obsession. She's just a curvy woman with a decent face. And she's so freakin' short, seriously, 5'2"???? I wouldn't even see her in a crowd! :P

Angelina I do think is beautiful (well, was, before the over-skinniness), but not a second Helen. Hm. This is tough. I do support the nomination of Kate Beckinsdale (sp?), but again, it's just not to that level. I feel like most of the "beautiful" women of our age are just averagely pretty women who have the money to afford expensive skin/hair treatments and personal trainers. I mean, don't get me wrong, they're all pretty hot in their own right, but just not that special.

As for men, well, my taste in men has always tended towards lanky men that aren't necessarily the iconic hotties. Brad Pitt's head is too big, it bothers me. George Clooney, yeah, but I agree with Raidne that he has shamelessly used his aging well to ramp up his sex appeal. Then again, since probably the biggest celebrity crush I ever had was on Billy Boyd (http://quillings.com/wp-content/uploads/BillyBoyd.JPG), I'm just gonna go ahead and discount my opinion from the discussion. :)

At the risk of losing man points, Cillian Murphy is a definite contender for hottest living male.

Also, I absolutely do not get the love for Hayek. A moderately attractive face on top of a big rack does not "hottest woman of the modern era" make. I'll have to think a bit about my nomination. There's been lots of good suggestions but I can't think of a free and clear winner off the top of my head.

Nicole Kidman? As an example of a hot redhead? Now she gets a definite EWW from me. She is about the same level of hotness as Sarah Jessica Parker. AND I don't mean that as a compliment.

Archived