Who is Adonis reborn?

Turinqui-Calima

Did you pay attention to who the first man is? His name (and title!) is in the picture filename.

No idea who's this guy. Just seeing Putin's face in this thread made me want to vomit, because my cousin, for some reason, considers him very attractive and used to be very vocal about it (*shudder*).

No idea who's this guy. Just seeing Putin's face in this thread made me want to vomit, because my cousin, for some reason, considers him very attractive and used to be very vocal about it (*shudder*).

I find it a bit annoying that all contenders are actors/models, with singers at a strech. It obvious that an industry thats dependent on looks is going to have lots of them, and is also going to do its best to make them look even better, and of course thats also the industry that most circulates faces in the public conciousness...but still, can we really not think of attractive people in any other field? The don't have to be stunningly beautiful sex icons, but surely the world isn't entirely split between hot actors and the nauseatingly hideous?

Ok, she was a tv presenter, but Member of Knesset Anastasia Michaely isn't too bad. (She also has either 6 or 8 kids, i've lost count, and politically speaking is insane.)

Olyphant is not nearly big enough. How dare he enter into such a discussion unless he's willing to put on another 50 pounds? I kid, I kid...

I don't really mancrush on him becasue he's too stereotypical of a hero/ badass figure, but in the next life when I'm rolling for my character, I hope I can score shoulders like Vin Diesel.

The gravelly voice bit would be a cool attribute to have too.

*agreed* on Jin from Lost. And also, he has the excuse of most likely being born hairless from neck to waist. He doesn't have to wax.

Josh Holloway makes me gag but Vin Diesel... GIMME! Loved him in Pitch Black.

I find it a bit annoying that all contenders are actors/models, with singers at a strech. It obvious that an industry thats dependent on looks is going to have lots of them, and is also going to do its best to make them look even better, and of course thats also the industry that most circulates faces in the public conciousness...but still, can we really not think of attractive people in any other field? The don't have to be stunningly beautiful sex icons, but surely the world isn't entirely split between hot actors and the nauseatingly hideous?

I think there have been a couple of athletes mentioned already.

And as for other fields, what about

author Sebastian Junger:

http://www.artsdel.org/images/ddoaimages/junger.jpg

Gavin Newsom, mayor of San Francisco:

http://sfappeal.com/alley/images/GavinNewsom%20005.jpg

Sanjay Gupta, medical news reporter:

http://www.andreaharner.com/archives/dr_sanjay_gupta_people_profile.jpg

History professor Hugo Schwyzer:

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper1346/stills/p5gmb067.jpg

Carpenter and TV host Carter Oosterhouse:

http://www.squarehippies.com/others/2007/04/carter-oosterhouse/

Aaron Schock, member of the US House of Representatives from Peoria, Illinois:

http://www.thepostgameshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/aaron-schock.jpg

That was just mean. It's like someone telling you it's lemonade only to realize to late that it's urine.

I realize it's not the best photo of Sebastian Junger, but I couldn't find a better one on short notice. I certainly find him very hot when I see him interviewed on TV.

The professor won a "hottest professor" contest on a national "rate your professor" website.

Sorry if you all don't have the same taste I do, but I don't think I'm the only person in the world who finds these guys attractive.

P.S. And of course anyone is free to post links to photos of other non-actors you think are more attractive than those examples.

I realize it's not the best photo of Sebastian Junger, but I couldn't find a better one on short notice. I certainly find him very hot when I see him interviewed on TV.

The professor won a "hottest professor" contest on a national "rate your professor" website.

Sorry if you all don't have the same taste I do, but I don't think I'm the only person in the world who finds these guys attractive.

They could just be victims of bad pictures. No offense meant. :)

I will say I dislike the direction this thread has taken though. The Helen thread never degenerated into posting picture of cute girls with good personalities that where good in their chosen professions outside of acting/modeling. It stayed on it's A game, with increasingly hot pictures of the worlds most beautiful women.

While there are a lot of handsome men out there, of all professions, all shapes and sizes, lets try to keep it to the crème de la crème. If you are about to post a guy, but can immediately think of a guy who is physically hotter, post that guy.

point

;)

I will say I dislike the direction this thread has taken though.

<snip>

lets try to keep it to the crème de la crème. If you are about to post a guy, but can immediately think of a guy who is physically hotter, post that guy.

Not sure if he's been mentioned yet or not but you can never see too many pics of Lenny freakin' Kravitz HAWT.

:drool:

I will say I dislike the direction this thread has taken though. The Helen thread never degenerated into posting picture of cute girls with good personalities that where good in their chosen professions outside of acting/modeling. It stayed on it's A game, with increasingly hot pictures of the worlds most beautiful women.

FWIW, I recall meaning to derail the hottest women thread with a comment of this sort too, but never getting round to it.

I'm not trying to harsh the squee (I support the squee. More shirtless pictures yay.) just trying to branch out a bit, both for the sake of puncturing the "ridiculous beauty standards in society" thing, and becuase we've discussed often how much personality is a measure of hottness, maybe especially in men, and how much an actors attravtiveness can be tied up with the character he's playing...so surely that should hold even more in reality, right? See Jon Stewart. Or the Israeli list I found of hot men that was mostly occupied by aging rockers that don't look all that great shirtless maybe, but are definitely sexy. Its not an either/or - I want sexy eye candy and sexy brain candy both, please.

I will say that of Ormonds pictures I find the Mayor of SF nothing to scoff at.

Speaking of Velvet Goldmine, Linda thinks David Bowie -- whose character Meyers' is loosely based on -- was pretty yummy in that particular era.

Hell yeah David Bowie. Did he have contact lenses in Labyrinth? I'm sure I would have remebered mismatched eyes watching it as a kid. Though Meyers looks a bit too femenine in that clip, I had a huge crush on him in Gormenghast. (aided and abetted by the slightly mad look.)

David Bowie's partially blinded in his left eye, due to an injury which left the pupil permanently dilated. So the eye color is the same, but the dilation of the pupil sometimes makes them look to be different hues (sometimes quite markedly different). Though in that photo, I suspect someone's gone in an enhanced the difference.

David Bowie's partially blinded in his left eye, due to an injury which left the pupil permanently dilated. So the eye color is the same, but the dilation of the pupil sometimes makes them look to be different hues (sometimes quite markedly different). Though in that photo, I suspect someone's gone in an enhanced the difference.

how odd. Very noticeable in this picture though. I used to know a guy with a blue eye and a green eye, and it always seemed quite distinct, but now i'm wondering if that was the light as well. He was born with it and didn't have any vision problems. (though he was deaf in the blue eye ear, like half of a persian cat.)

Archived