UK Politics VII - Going down on Downing Street

MinDonner

I didn't think it was possible to hate Tony Blair more than I did already, but the revelation of his "problem drinking" has done the trick. The upper end of the recommended weekly intake? That's what I like to call "Friday". Wanker.

Sissy lightweight.

Blair's excessive drinking wouldn't have lasted Churchill till breakfast on Monday, by the end of Sunday in a moderate week Sir Winston had matched the recommended alcohol consumption for Surrey, Berkshire and most of Hampshire.

Full of admiration for Churchill as I am, he perhaps went a little too far. As a result, mistakes were clearly made. I mean, a sober man would doubtless have had de Gaulle quietly drowned rather than invited to Chequers and told "you're my best mate, you are".

:lol:

I'm not sure it was possible to do anything to de Gaulle quietly still you make a fair point.

That said how drunk do you think Cameron and Sarkozy were when they agreed to jobshare their navies?

I assumed that one was more to do with the offer of a quick peep at Mrs S doing some light dusting

I didn't think it was possible to hate Tony Blair more than I did already, but the revelation of his "problem drinking" has done the trick. The upper end of the recommended weekly intake? That's what I like to call "Friday". Wanker.

So Blair wrote this with a straight face when he served in the same government as John Prescott? :cheers:

thats what most people do before 2200 on a friday, i knew it'd be possible to hate him more when the 'revelations' started coming.

Prepare to be horrified:

…that night she cradled me in her arms and soothed me; told me what I needed to be told; strengthened me; made me feel that I was about to do was right … On that night of the 12th May, 1994, I needed that love Cherie gave me, selfishly. I devoured it to give me strength. I was an animal following my instinct, knowing I would need every ounce of emotional power to cope with what lay ahead. I was exhilarated, afraid and determined in roughly equal quantities.

Is he talking about having to shag Cherie? :unsure:

told me what I needed to be told; strengthened me; made me feel that I was about to do was right... I was an animal following my instinct, knowing I would need every ounce of emotional power to cope with what lay ahead. I was exhilarated horrified, afraid and determined in roughly equal quantities.

Yes, guess so.

PS I hate you for posting that.

I think a wire brush and some dettol is needed to expunge that from my branes.

I think the fanfic shipping Tony Blair and John Prescott was better written and more moving than that shite.

N

Hereward, now that's a little disappointing I was hoping to hear your scream - it's only sixty miles or so. :crying:

Min, I've been accused of many terrible things in my life, quite often accurately, but I assure you that this particular affront to all that is good and pure comes from the fecund pen of Mr Blair himself.

There are more extracts should you want them but even I am not cruel enough to thrust Mr Blair's description of his first time on an unsuspecting world.

Then you weren't listening carefully enough!

On early "relations" with Gordon Brown: "Our minds moved fast and at that point in sync. When others were present, we felt the pace and power diminish, until, a bit like lovers desperate to get to love-making but disturbed by old friends dropping round, we would try to bustle them out, steering them doorwards with a hearty slap on the back."

:stunned:

God, what have you done to me?

Moving swiftly away from this eye-bleeding horror, I present to you Julian Huppert MP on Five Live: "Labour is now engaged literally in fratricide". :lmao:

Leadership contests now being decided by mortal combat??

Archived