World of Wacraft

Migey

Welp, got Rivendare's Deathcharger on that toon's first visit to Stratholme, the second character for whom that's happened to me :cheers:

It took me about 30 runs at lvl 70 to get it. That's not counting the dozens of times I ran Strat at lvl 60 for gear and eventually while trying timed runs. Although I have the deathcharger, I have yet to see a wildheart kilt drop. Random is random. :laugh:

Ah, I see. I have no idea if I've seen that or not, I basically disregard most lower-level gear like that if I can't use it at my level. Although I do have some sweet T2 boots in my paladin's bank.

Nice one Race :) Seems like a potential cock block on heroic, Sindy. And good luck with heroic LK. :thumbsup:

We dragged 6 n00bs through normal LK yesterday, and it went pretty well. Took us one evening what took us two weeks with the last setup. We had two really, really spatially challenged people in the last group. Still running our standard 3 melee, 2 ranged setup, which makes P5...interesting :P (We constantly had ranged or healers in Frostmourne too). We also got Defile on our MT constantly, but people actually managed to avoid it! So, thumbs up to our less spatially challenged raiders. :)

I'm pretty sure one of our trials managed to fail himself last night by standing casting on the orange slime when of course it was locked on to him, on PP heroic. Not that we need the attempts for heroic LK at the moment since we're still reeling from the drama a few weeks ago and trying to get our roster sorted, but you need to do the orange kiting on normal so it's a pretty un-fucking-forgiveable case of did not do the research IMO.

Grats on sindy, Race.

I cracked open a mysterious egg and got me a green proto drake :)

Heroic Sindragosa down.

Our first night of serious attempts on her.

/Jealous. We've been wiping for a couple full nights now. Not too many. But enough that it is frustrating. Give me all your tips. Pleeease! Especially a report on healers, I'm supposedly in charge of that, so it is always nice to know how it has been done by others.

And congrats! She has some damn fine loots.

Well we were short dps and long on healers so we ran with 8 healers. We still had plenty of time left on enrage, and all the extra healing gave us a lot of leeway.

We kind followed this

For tombs everyone runs to the stairs. The marks go to the line in front of the stairs and double up, so 2 people right in the center 2 to the left and 2 to the right. We have a disc priest bubble them and druids hot them up.

For phase 3 first tomb goes out from the head, 2nd out from the tail. Clear your stacks as needed.

The key is watching for unchained magic. Stop casting a second before hand. If you get it. DO NOT CAST!

Here's our logs for last night if you want to look at them.

Stay smart, stay alive, dont panic. You cant have people misplacing the tombs, getting frost orbed, or not getting out of big freeze thing.

Lyanna, do you guys just have your OT soaking vile spirits in P5? Thatt's the only way I've ever done it as we always ran melee-heavy in our 10-man group.

Having the ranged kill all of them sounds like harder work than the soaking tactic to me, and the tanks were pretty good at it after a few practise runs.

Nah, we just ended up kiting like mad bastards :P We've only ever done LK with 3 melee, 2 ranged. We never do things the easy way. :P Made sure we had all tank CDs, incl our pally tank's Divine Sac up for P5, then we just had our healers watch the hell our for the Vile spirits, and our LK tank kite him around for our melee to nuke LK, while our ranged played catch up with the spirits. It's horrible to heal, but with three healers spread out, it was doable. We exploded in P5 three times before we got healers to stand in a triangle roughly and everyone else to keep moving away from spirits so as to not get exploded at the same time. Our tanks are pro kiters. :P

We also used heroism at the start of P5 to help clear up the raging spirits and get the ranged a start on the Vile ones, plus get our melee some extra boost in DPS, and our healers some speed to play catch up. I popped Divine Hymn at the end of heroism as well so we were all topped up for the kiting phase. Then if things really hit the fan our pally tank can bubble wall and use Divine Sac to buy us some time, and our druid tank can frenzied regen for some obscene amount of HP if we got unlucky with spirits exploding + healer in frostmourne + soul reaper and as we had all the time: defile on the current tank.

It's not a particularly clean way of doing it, but it works for us. Might be a good idea to try and have the OT soak some spirit damage tho as we had to combat res a mage. I think we did it accidentally every now and then since one of our tanks got like 5 times more Defile than anyone else.

Stay smart, stay alive, dont panic. You cant have people misplacing the tombs, getting frost orbed, or not getting out of big freeze thing.

We always have a couple who can't figure out the frost orb thing. It amazes me how people can fail to understand how that works! If you have block between you and landing point of orb = good, else bad. IT'S NOT HARD. Yet some people seem perpetually confused by this one mechanic.

I can understand people getting stressed by the frost tombs, or messing up their debuffs (easy mistake to make) but the frost orbs?? why??

Also, my warlock is still languishing at 45, but I'm pretty sure they all think Soul Shatter is woefully inadequate. Warlock threat is out of control and I don't think it's their fault.

Yeah, it can really be an issue on fights that are threat capped. If it's a long fight, have a priest whack Pain Suppression on early, and then Hand of Salvation from your holy pallies (if you have any). Locks and DPS warriors are the worst offenders on threat in our raids, normally.

Our first Deathwhisper hard mode we had one affliction lock and one DPS warrior. It wasn't pretty. Our Affl lock got one shotted on phase transition.

Not sure how enh shammies are doing nowadays. We have one now, but he hasn't raided with us very long so not sure how he will scale with better gear. They used to be terrible with threat in TBC. One early crit and it was combat res time.

Enh shaman threat hasn't been too problematic in my experience. We have 30% threat reduction built in; massive windfury proc's can only really be a (minor) issue right in the first second or so of the fight. If you massively outgear your tank and don't have anything to interrupt you can spam wind shear on cooldown too, since it doesn't cost much mana and it's off the gcd - it isn't a big or even medium threat drop, but it's there.

People are dumb, and they are unpredictable in their dumbness.

We cleared normal 10-man (semi-PuG made up of alts from different guilds) Sindy last week with 2 healers, in 2 tries.

This week, we failed 8 times, then switched to 3 heals, and failed 3 more times, before we got it.

By then, everyone's done with raiding, so we didn't try LK.

People were just falling apart inexplicable at the most stupidest things.

Drama. Always fun. We had someone ninja log from a raid two days ago because he - the appointed "recruiting officer" - lost a roll on an item. Lost fair and square, according to loot rules. Left. Last night had two people drop raid without a word. Both officers. Frustrated because of wipes to Sindragosa.

so much for the advertised "drama free, mature guild". at least I am enjoying levelling a drood, hunter & lock. BOA items and rest experience ftw!

Drama. Always fun. We had someone ninja log from a raid two days ago because he - the appointed "recruiting officer" - lost a roll on an item. Lost fair and square, according to loot rules. Left. Last night had two people drop raid without a word. Both officers. Frustrated because of wipes to Sindragosa.

so much for the advertised "drama free, mature guild". at least I am enjoying levelling a drood, hunter & lock. BOA items and rest experience ftw!

Did you go to Primal?

I am enjoying levelling a drood, hunter & lock. BOA items and rest experience ftw!

I am having a horrible time with rogue. The 40s suck. I struggled through the 40s on every one of my rogues. Plus, the random dungeons ruined me. I entirely leveled through it for this toon, and now i am spoiled and can't be bothered questing! :crying:

OTOH, went to a guild raid (weekly turned to a lolnaxx run) on the other rogue after 3 months. I got killed by Frogger.....again. :bang:

This reminded of the very first time i went to a raid with FnB. I'd never been to naxx (or any raid) before and no one bothered telling me that the green slimes walking across the path (that had no health bars) weren't just background animation but cute lil bastards THAT WILL BLOW YOUR FACE! I remember Kalbear (or was it stego? i forget) having a good laugh. Feel like such a noob <_<

DAMN YOU FROGGER!! :tantrum:

Did you go to Primal?

No - Primal is no more. From what I have gathered, QD was not elite enough for them....my BiL got fed up the GM/raid leadership and transferred his priest & warrior to MalGannis I think, where ever the EJ folks are.

went to Brutal Rage - Krista's got toons in there, Dash is there, my BiL's pet lock - so folks I all ready knew and when there are raids, they finish usually by 10:30 EST. Might be the issues are from the fact that there are alot of couples/family in there. Who knows...hopefully it's just a blip.

Archived