MLB 2010, part 3

naz

As if anyone (other than Cardinals and Glenn Beck fans) needed more reasons to loathe the Cardinals:

If there were one piece of mail I would handle only with barbecue tongs and a plastic evidence bag, it would be an invitation to Glenn Beck's "Restoring Honor" rally in Washington D.C. Yet Tony La Russa and Albert Pujols -- men who have shown no other outward signs of mental imbalance -- have accepted their invites. Going out of one's way to align themselves with Glenn Beck surely is a mystery ... especially for La Russa and Pujols, who don't seem like Fox News types. But I could be wrong. Oh, this just in: Featured speaker at the rally ... Sarah Palin.

:stillsick:

That's tough. I was really looking forward to seeing Strasburg/Zimmermann pitch 1-2 next year :(

At least Zimmerman returned last night (though he got lit up).

Bizarre.

What Trisk said. He'll lose a year off of his career, but overall it probably won't be too devastating. It seems like the first year back after the surgery is an off-year, but then the pitchers complete the recovery.

Hope the Nats had insurance for the guy though, recoup his salary.

What Trisk said. He'll lose a year off of his career, but overall it probably won't be too devastating. It seems like the first year back after the surgery is an off-year, but then the pitchers complete the recovery.

Hope the Nats had insurance for the guy though, recoup his salary.

It's tough for him to lose a year of his career, but the Nationals are losing (essentiall) 2 seasons of having him, as he didn't picth all he could this year, he's likely out next year and then he's that much closer to free agency...

Had an awesome time at Great American Ball Park today. My brother's father-in-law scored us amazing seats just to the left of home plate about midway up the field level seats. It was blazing hot but we were so close to the action. That is good living. I'm pulling out the credit card for post-season tickets if everything works out in the next few weeks.

Had an awesome time at Great American Ball Park today. My brother's father-in-law scored us amazing seats just to the left of home plate about midway up the field level seats. It was blazing hot but we were so close to the action. That is good living. I'm pulling out the credit card for post-season tickets if everything works out in the next few weeks.

It is a beautiful park. I was there a couple weeks ago. Too bad it's wasted on the Reds... :P

I like your chances. You're up 5 on us right now, 4 in the proverbial loss column. I can't believe that we just choked against the Nats.

Basically we need to make up those games against the Reds or make up 3 against the Phillies. While it's certainly not over, I don't like our chances of doing either.

At least the Giants have dutifully lost a series to the Diamondbacks for you. They screwed up getting swept though, sorry.

And that was a great play at home by Boston just now. Wow.

Being a Phillies season ticket holder made it easy to get tickets for the playoffs. Although they did just sweep the best team in the NL record wise they still did not play to well. Yes PETCO Park is a pitchers park but they still only managed a few hits in each game. Another thing is since I am only a partial season ticket holder I only get partial postseason tickets, which of course would save me money but only having tickets to home games to game two of the DS and game 2 of the CS if they do not fall on the weekend I will have to sell them. Ahh well though.

After next weekends series with the Brewers, the Phillies remaining games will be against the NL East, so it will likely be a rough time for them, the good thing is there is one remaining home and one remaining away series for each team. They play 6 against the Braves who they are 5-7 against. They are the only team to win a series in Atlanta this season if I am not mistaken but have played like crap since that series win way back in April, they also play their last 3 games in Atlanta. They have 7 left against the Marlins with a current 7-4 record, the problem here is the Marlins seem to have owned the Phillies in Philly the last few years and they play a 4 game series, on the other hand they have owned them down in Miami. The home series against the Marlins will also be the end of a 24 games played in 23 day span. They have left 6 against the Mets with a 6-6 record against, The Phils have won all but one series. I would not be scared here other than the fact that the Mets have shut the Phillies out 5 times this year. And lastly the Nationals with a record of 7-5 against, the Phillies always have a hard time with the Nats but almost always pull it out.

Before all of that goes down, however, the Phillies play three against the Dodgers in LA, one against the Rockies in CO, and three against the Brew crew in Philly. The Dodgers series can go either way 2-1 or 1-2, I do not see a sweep coming from either side though. The Rockies game should be Joe Blanton pitching against Jhoulys Chacin, I do not like the chances for the Phillies in this game simply since Joe Lumber will be on the mound. With the Brewers series, the Phillies swept them earlier in the season but they have a thing for playing down to their competition so they very well could be swept much like the Astros had done to them last week. They are a combined 30-25 I believe it is against teams at .500 or lower.

Twins are keeping it together against some tough opponents. White Sox are rolling though and keeping it a close race. We get the Royals and Indians twice more each, we need to take care of business and focus on us.

Props to the White Sox for not fading yet. You guys really took it to the Other Color Feet Covers.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/rays/content/its-now-dr-maddon

My alma mater just gave Joe Maddon a doctorate. Forgot he was a fellow alum. With the Sox all but mathematically eliminated, I feel surprisingly ambivalent about this. I guess I know which team I'll be routing for to take out the Yankees.

Too bad Lafayette doesn't teach the difference between routing and rooting.

Why, WHY, WHY can't I hate Andre Ethier!?

Myshkin, come in here and say something annoying so I can get over this mental block.

Also, DIAF, Dodgers. Just not Ethier. Damnit!

ETA: Post-Giants-win, the Dodgers channel has an Andre Ethier special wherein he's still awesome.

Goddamnit.

Archived