apple-80

crackers-80

coke--200

lean pork loin--240

red potatoes--200

green beans--20

dinner roll--200

apple crisp--215

so 1235, under the 1300, but the early part of the day was really bad.

On the good side the total calories were good, and out was more than in; on the bad side the 200 coke calories was just a plain waste and I didn't have a good breakfast or lunch. (I am trying)

Food for yesterday:

Breakfast

one slice whole wheat toast

two tablespoons peanutbutter

6 oz yogurt

Coffee with creamer

Snack:

mango

Lunch:

salad with chicken

Snack:

Chocolate

Dinner:

Chicken breasts

Stove top stuffing (I know)

Green beans

Gravy

My diet for the past week has pretty much been:

Breakfast:

2-3 slices of bacon

2 eggs

8 oz. of skim milk

Water

Snack:

1 tsp of peanut butter or a few almonds/walnuts

Water

Lunch:

Salad (Romaine lettuce, a full tomato, a fine sprinkling of cheese and a can of Swanson's chicken breast which is 70 calories) No dressing

6-8 ounces of V8

Water

Dinner:

Lean steak/bison/chicken, no more than 6-7 oz.

Veggies, either broccoli, green beans, spinach, cauliflower, peas, squash or zucchini

Water

Dessert:

I was having a sugar free jello or jello mousse cup but I think I'm going to have to look at something else for dessert, maybe add some strawberries or something else

If I got really hungry I popped a hard boiled egg in between lunch and dinner as well.

Haven't felt too deprived, have lost weight, and it's *almost* all fresh ingredients. That is something I've rarely partaken in throughout my life (convenience ruled all).

Oh and Monday I had a Chipotle salad with barbacoa, lettuce, mild salsa, and cheese. Resisted getting the chips and a pop, which is huge.

I had to fly to NYC for the day yesterday. It was somewhat bad in that I didn't eat really great things...bagel w/ cream cheese, panini, gelato, hamburger. But it was somewhat good in that my time was limited so I didn't really get time for snacks during the day.

The worst was at the end of the day when we were told our flight was delayed but they were putting us on the plane anyway so, "we should buy lots of snacks so we wouldn't starve." They literally said that. As a person who was once stuck on a runway for 7 hours with no food, this was the sign to stock up on Snickers bars. Luckily we were only delayed 2 hours so I only ate one.

I had to fly to NYC for the day yesterday. It was somewhat bad in that I didn't eat really great things...bagel w/ cream cheese, panini, gelato, hamburger. But it was somewhat good in that my time was limited so I didn't really get time for snacks during the day.

The worst was at the end of the day when we were told our flight was delayed but they were putting us on the plane anyway so, "we should buy lots of snacks so we wouldn't starve." They literally said that. As a person who was once stuck on a runway for 7 hours with no food, this was the sign to stock up on Snickers bars. Luckily we were only delayed 2 hours so I only ate one.

I am so glad I'm not traveling for work a lot as I'm trying to get into better habits. When I am on the road I've been an absolute glutton. So being laid off recently has its advantages in that I get to start off on the right foot in the easiest possible way. So now when I start a new job I hope that it's so ingrained in me I can keep it going even though the circumstances will be tougher.

A Snickers does sound pretty damn nice though!

Travel is really hard. Still it sounds like you did pretty awesome, only having one of those Snickers. I would have gobbled them all down. Is you back doing in better now that you've given it a few days off?

Yesterday I had "you've lost weight" comments from both the cashier in Superdrug and our health & safety manager. The scales said ten-eight. :dunno: Still just about stable, carrying it better; I'm still down that inch from hips and waist. Challenge will be keeping it off while I'm in Paris for the weekend...

Food for yesterday:

Breakfast:

slice whole wheat toast

peanut butter

6 oz yogurt

3 cups coffee with creamer

Snack:

peach

10 almonds

Lunch:

Left over chicken enchiladas

1/2 avocado

Snack:

two squares of chocolate

Dinner:

chicken sandwich with way too much cheese. But, it was this garlic gouda and there is no way to practice self control with it.

Roasted butternut squash (very delicious, I highly recommend this.)

Baby romaine with dressing

And here is where it all falls apart:

two BIG glasses of wine

6 squares of chocolate

And no treadmill, I did lift weights yesterday but decided to have a case of the fuckits when I got home.

Replaced my nightly dessert with a square of dark (72%) chocolate. Much more satisfying than a sugar free jello or mousse, and in the long run probably better for me.

Down to 161, so have lost 9lbs. I have done some form of working out every day this week, but due to tweaking my back a bit (thankfully not as bad as last time) I've only done weights once this week, so I am going to try to do them today and tomorrow.

Edit: On a bad note, I'm feeling a frog in my throat so I hope I'm not getting sick - it always seems to derail me from my health goals, so I'll have to be cognizant of this. I am also going out to a party and a play tomorrow night, and possibly bars afterward, so I need to either not drink or really keep my intake down. I hate that it takes so much alcohol for me to even get a buzz!

I decided to embrace my new, bicycle riding self, and went to Critical Mass (Today in Tel Aviv, 20,000 people turned up for it. In Jerusalem: 20. This is how much its vaugely suicidal to ride in this city) and then decided to try a shortcut home because I had this sense it was mostly downhill, which it mostly wasn't. Oh well, my calories do feel thoroughly burned though.

total loss - I think firmly over 4 kg, which is nice.

Is you back doing in better now that you've given it a few days off?

It is getting better, thanks for asking. I get to try pilates again this weekend and hopefully that won't be determined to be the cause.

Edit: On a bad note, I'm feeling a frog in my throat so I hope I'm not getting sick - it always seems to derail me from my health goals, so I'll have to be cognizant of this.

It is also possibly allergies. They are really bad in Chicago right now...like so bad that people who never ordinarily are affected by them, are. I'm one of these people and its been just awful this week. It totally can seem like you are getting a cold.

Replaced my nightly dessert with a square of dark (72%) chocolate. Much more satisfying than a sugar free jello or mousse, and in the long run probably better for me.

This sounds like a great idea, and it's easy to make sure it's only one square a day.

I just threw out the rest of the ice cream. All the rest of the evidence from last weeks binging and all the traveling earlier this week is long gone, but the ice cream was just prolonging the badness. Trying to calm down and focus now.

It is getting better, thanks for asking. I get to try pilates again this weekend and hopefully that won't be determined to be the cause.

It is also possibly allergies. They are really bad in Chicago right now...like so bad that people who never ordinarily are affected by them, are. I'm one of these people and its been just awful this week. It totally can seem like you are getting a cold.

Yeah I have never had any allergy problems but that makes sense, because I don't feel sick otherwise really. I hope that's what it is and not some looming problem that's going to overtake me!

This sounds like a great idea, and it's easy to make sure it's only one square a day.

I just threw out the rest of the ice cream. All the rest of the evidence from last weeks binging and all the traveling earlier this week is long gone, but the ice cream was just prolonging the badness. Trying to calm down and focus now.

Yeah I bought these Ghiardelli indvidually wrapped ones - according to the bag, a serving is supposed to be 4 pieces, which is 220 calories. I just ate the one though and it was good enough. Plus it's heart healthy, and with my family history anything that's going to help improve that is something I need to eat!

Speaking of heart healthy, I bought a few bottles of red wine. I'm normally a vodka drinker, but when you combine the vodka with the lemonade or cranberry or whatever - it really adds up in calories. When you factor in the antioxidants and all that good stuff that red wine delivers, I'm going to try to make the switch. I have always preferred whites but if I let reds breath enough I enjoy them as well. I haven't cracked em open though - gonna try to hold off for a bit!

Also, kudos on throwing your ice cream out. I haven't thrown anything away yet (because my bf or my daughter might eat it) but I did make us get rid of (ie eat) the stuff I thought would be the most tempting before I started my diet. There's still some temptations laying around my house but nothing too bad that I'm going to go crazy for.

I had a diet coke today. The diet coke of shame is on my desk right now. 12 oz. I drank it already.

Time to get back on the wagon again.

Raidne I can imagine you going to an AA meeting and saying this.

You'll make that step when you're ready.

I'm teasing you and I shouldn't, but it's fun :P

Archived