U.S. Politics, 7

TerraPrime

Actually, if she's from a Latina culture, I hate to say it, but to her it probably wasn't that bad.

Again, apparently she left the locker room in tears. So I guess it was. I mean, some random guy on the street told me he wanted to f*** me in the a** yesterday and I couldn't even be bothered to say anything back, but a roomful of dudes acting like they're about to pounce on you is something else entirely. And whatever they were saying must have been really out of line.

Horrors! I say, if you don't want to be mistaken for a cop, don't wear the uniform.

What does this even mean? She was not dressed as a cop, and the distress wasn't about her being mistaken as a cop. So I'm quite lost. :dunno:

Sword, don't fall for this crap. This chick (slight intended) bills herself as "the hottest sports reporter in Mexico". She arrived at the game in black stilettos, plunging neckline, and minidress. Oh, and watch the clip to see what she's wearing while discussing how professional she was.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/TV-sports-reporter-Ines-Sainz-defends-outfit-at-Baltimore-Ravens-New-York-Jets-game-091410

She intentionally markets her sexuality when performing her role as a sports reporter, and then complains when guys react in a sexual manner? She doesn't deserve an apology. She wanted guys staring at her ass, and gee, that's what happened. She caused the exact ruckus she wanted to. There are other female reporters on the Jets beat and guess what? We don't hear anything about them being treated like this.

I'm disappointed in the NFL and Jets. If women are going to be in male locker rooms after games -- which I think is a dicey idea to begin with -- and expect the men to behave professionally, then they have an obligation to dress and act professionally. This attention whore didn't.

I'm not following this that closely, but from what I read about it, she is not the one complaining.

Is that not the case?

I'm also, by the way, entirely certain that she is the hottest sports reporter in Mexico.

Just like John Hamm is the hottest man on TV. And if, please God let it be so, John Hamm wandered into my presence somewhere wearing a jock strap, I still think I would find it inappropriate to find excuses to physically run into him and make comments about his length/girth ratio.

Is this not true?

No. I didn't read anything about people running into her, though some bumping in a locker room may happen inadvertently. But I'd say that if you were hanging out somewhere, and some dude comes to a scheduled meeting with you wearing just a jock, yeah, it's open season on the comments.

Any woman should be able to walk anywhere she likes, dressed however she likes, without sexual harassment. Period. Sure, people can and will look, but harassing shouts and unwanted touches are not acceptable in any context and certainly the fault of nobody but the person who did it.

I don't agree at all. It certainly depends upon the circumstances and the nature of the harassment. This isn't a "she asked to be raped" argument, because nobody was raped or assaulted. Just guys making comments. The point that makes all the difference to me is that she intentionally dressed unprofessionally for the purpose of attracting attention to her looks, in probably the most inappropriate environment imaginable. By your argument, she could literally have walked in there naked, and any comments from the men would be horrible harassment, and she'd have no fault at all. Wow.

If I were her boss, I'd fire her. Is she a sports reporter, or a stripper? For the NFL to come down solely on the players for this is preposterous. Remind them of league policy, but this also deserves a direct comment about expecting female sports reporters who enter male locker rooms to dress and act professionally.

What does this even mean? She was not dressed as a cop, and the distress wasn't about her being mistaken as a cop. So I'm quite lost. :dunno:

I do not think she dressed as a professional sports reporters, as do the other women who go into that locker room. She dressed like, well, a stripper out looking for tips, and that's how she was treated.

I'm not following this that closely, but from what I read about it, she is not the one complaining.

Is that not the case?

No. If you watched the interview, she's the one who tweeted about it. And now, she's trying to claim that she's not the one who made a big deal of it.

This is so transparent it's ridiculous. She's the hottest sports reporter in Mexico, aiming to be the hottest sports reporter in the U.S. She, and probably her bosses, knew exactly what would happen when she went in there, and did this deliberately.

I'd be interesting to know what the professional female sports reporters really think of this little gimmick.

Again, apparently she left the locker room in tears. So I guess it was. I mean, some random guy on the street told me he wanted to f*** me in the a** yesterday and I couldn't even be bothered to say anything back, but a roomful of dudes acting like they're about to pounce on you is something else entirely. And whatever they were saying must have been really out of line.

Ah, I had not read that. Then, flipping my previous contextual comment, their behavior could have been pretty nasty.

No. I didn't read anything about people running into her, though some bumping in a locker room may happen inadvertently. But I'd say that if you were hanging out somewhere, and some dude comes to a scheduled meeting with you wearing just a jock, yeah, it's open season on the comments.

I don't agree at all. It certainly depends upon the circumstances and the nature of the harassment. This isn't a "she asked to be raped" argument, because nobody was raped or assaulted. Just guys making comments. The point that makes all the difference to me is that she intentionally dressed unprofessionally for the purpose of attracting attention to her looks, in probably the most inappropriate environment imaginable. By your argument, she could literally have walked in there naked, and any comments from the men would be horrible harassment, and she'd have no fault at all. Wow.

If I were her boss, I'd fire her. Is she a sports reporter, or a stripper? For the NFL to come down solely on the players for this is preposterous. Remind them of league policy, but this also deserves a direct comment about expecting female sports reporters who enter male locker rooms to dress and act professionally.

Like the players did?

Your shitty attitude is already pretty clear by your "don't wear the uniform" bullshit statement. The words that come out of someone's mouth are solely their own fault. Is there an outfit a woman could wear in front of you that would justify you making inappropriate sexual comments? I certainly hope not. No matter what someone else wears, the standard I hold myself to is the same, because my behavior is about me, not someone else. Nobody forced them to act like that, and I'm willing to bet at least some of them had the decency to refrain. And yeah, the NFL and its players have such a fantastic history of holding a high standard of gender equality I can see why you wouldn't want this to paint such paragons of female equality in a bad light.

I do not think she dressed as a professional sports reporters, as do the other women who go into that locker room. She dressed like, well, a stripper out looking for tips, and that's how she was treated.

Oh I see.

Last time I was at a strip club, the strippers typically wear a lot less than this reporter did, and, more importantly, and this is key now: they actually take off whatever little they have on while moving and dancing in a seductive way. Is there any evidence that this reporter was trying to take off her clothes, and/or that she's dancing and moving provocatively? Or did she just dress up in a casual outfit that makes her look sexually appealing?

See, I don't think you really believe that she dressed like a stripper. Unless you've never been to a strip club. In which case, Raidne knows one that she can direct you to. But really, what I think is that you're using "stripper" as a term to include all women who fails to meet your sense of sexually appropriate dress code. Which is, I think you must admit, a rather dastardly sort of rhetoric. She's not a stripper. She has not become one just because you think she ought to have worn more conservative clothing. Saying that she's dressing like a stripper will of course legitimize the catcalls and treatment that she had received. After all, if a stripper was hired to jump out of a birthday cake in the locker room, and she got the same level of catcalls and leering, I wouldn't think it's inappropriate, either. So I see what you're trying to do here. But, honestly, it doesn't work, because, well, she did not dress like a stripper.

FLOW, did you actually read any news article on the subject? She was wearing a white button shirt and jeans. And yes, the guys started throwing out of bounds passes so they could run into her.

I posted all this stuff already. In this thread. IMO, the only sin she committed is having an ass to be proud of.

FLOW, did you actually read any news article on the subject? She was wearing a white button shirt and jeans. And yes, the guys started throwing out of bounds passes so they could run into her.

I posted all this stuff already. In this thread. IMO, the only sin she committed is having an ass to be proud of.

Link?

This is cute...

Defensive tackle Kris Jenkins also reportedly told Sainz that "this is our locker room!" when another reporter asked Sainz if she was OK.

This is not a bunch of guys complimenting her on her appearance, okay? And Swordfish, the link upthread is all the evidence you'll ever need.

ETA: And..

They also obstructed Sainz’s path when she wanted to walk away.

Now, that I would have (and actually have) freaking flipped out about. Seriously, the second some guy saying stuff like that to me physically blocks me, all my warnings go code red and I start wondering if I'm getting out of there.

Oh here. To clarify, by the way, apparently she was wearing something very similar to this, but not this exactly. I have no idea where Fox news got the idea that she was in an evening gown.

This is cute...

KARMA can be fun! Kris Jenkins is now out for the season with a torn ligament in his knee. :P

On this topic, I'm surprised that more ppl aren't up in arms about this MEXICAN sports reporter coming to our country and taking Erin Andrew's job as hottest reporter!!!! :P

Archived