News from the Insane World of Terry Goodkind, Part 2

Werthead

I have a split personality:

I'm a pompous retired professor whose name starts with 'h' (he doesn't post much)

I'm also a silly teenage nymphomaniac with a dominatrix avatar

OK, I thought I would provide a bit of amusement to one Scott Bakker by linking him to the Goodkind is Our God site, and here's his reaction, as posted on Three-Seas:

Sorry.. Can't stop laughing. Just checked out the 'Goodkind is God' site.

*wipes tears from eyes*

You know you've made the big leagues when... Really, if I were him, I would be flattered.

And there you have it, a thread resurrection.

Lol! Now we can see we're really making an impact. That's going into my sig.

After reading these last posts a disturbing scene comes to my mind, a fight Terry Goodkind vs. R Scott Bakker.

I suppose that R. Scott Bakker would destroy Goodkind easily, after all Bakker wields the Gnosis while Goodkind has to make do with mere analogies of what a fantasy series should be.

There is a price to pay though, I fear that every night Bakker dreams The Sword of Truth.

*chokes* This should make that Canadian laugh/tremble in his boots, if he were to wear those :P

But I think y'all should add Erikson and Martin in just for shits and giggles. ;)

After reading these last posts a disturbing scene comes to my mind, a fight Terry Goodkind vs. R Scott Bakker.

I suppose that R. Scott Bakker would destroy Goodkind easily, after all Bakker wields the Gnosis while Goodkind has to make do with mere analogies of what a fantasy series should be.

There is a price to pay though, I fear that every night Bakker dreams The Sword of Truth.

This is what I love about this board. At least weekly (usually daily) I read something that justifies owning a computer with internet access. Agulla, thank you! You have made me feel better about the money I spend on internet access!

Ask and ye shall receive! Enjoy! :D

I have decided that whether he is a 'god' or not, discussion of Goodkind (and tangentially about Scott Bakker's hair ;)) has become so Meta that it stretches now over at least four different boards (this one, the parody one, Bakker's site, and now here at wotmania), sparking visions of ponytailed megalomaniacs threatening to do battle against a dead ringer for a member of Air Supply. This is fast becoming a story worthy of a Borges, I do believe.

Know how funny this thing is? I've never read anything by Goodkind or Bakker and I'm still in intense pain from laughing whenever I read this thread and the parody board. I would really hate to be in a war and not be on your side.

*chokes* This should make that Canadian laugh/tremble in his boots, if he were to wear those :P

But I think y'all should add Erikson and Martin in just for shits and giggles. ;)

Anyone else thinking possible GRRM/ZZ Top parallels here?

Dunno who Erikson resembles though.

Archived