News from the Insane World of Terry Goodkind, Part 2

Werthead

I would never have guessed any identities, yours included, in a million years.

Some people used their ASOIAF usernames, which provided an extra layer of irony for those in the know. After one of the posts by my pompous-Prof alt, Sologdin replied (yes, SOLOGDIN):

HETERO YUO USE TWO MANY BIG WORDS, LIKE A GODAMMED COMMY LIBARAL!!

:P

Few authors have brought me so much pain. I have read Sword of Truth thru #7: The Pillars of Creation -- Gods, why!? How could I have been so high? -- and this book culminates in a scene in which, I shit you not, Richard rescues Kahlan. Who would've guessed it? Correction: Richard rescues Kahlan and a goat.

Werthead, I can so see a James Taylor-esque vibe about Erikson, can't you? ;)

And X-ray, yeah, I thought you'd appreciate that extra layer...and if you know what that SN would translate into in English, makes it even more fun :P

After reading these last posts a disturbing scene comes to my mind, a fight Terry Goodkind vs. R Scott Bakker.

I suppose that R. Scott Bakker would destroy Goodkind easily, after all Bakker wields the Gnosis while Goodkind has to make do with mere analogies of what a fantasy series should be.

There is a price to pay though, I fear that every night Bakker dreams The Sword of Truth.

:rofl:

Bravo, bravo, sir.

Know how funny this thing is? I've never read anything by Goodkind or Bakker and I'm still in intense pain from laughing whenever I read this thread and the parody board. I would really hate to be in a war and not be on your side.

Me too! ;) We should put our political differences aside and start a political movement. We'd rule the world! (Then we'd fall apart in a Red Wedding-esque massacre as our differences boiled over, but it'd be fun while it lasted.)

Anyone else thinking possible GRRM/ZZ Top parallels here?

Dunno who Erikson resembles though.

*looks up ZZ Top, dies laughing again*

Some people used their ASOIAF usernames, which provided an extra layer of irony for those in the know. After one of the posts by my pompous-Prof alt, Sologdin replied (yes, SOLOGDIN):

:P

Hah, the irony. :lol: I should correct myself -- I would never have guessed anyone who DIDN'T use the same username. :P

I go by richardrulez over there ... but he's a touchy bastard who really likes it when ass was kicked....

See, Richardrulez is one of those persons who is very, very, very hard to distinguish from the real thing -- most of us went completely over the top (me included, in the one post I made!) but you... you frighten me, man. :P

Few authors have brought me so much pain. I have read Sword of Truth thru #7: The Pillars of Creation -- Gods, why!? How could I have been so high? -- and this book culminates in a scene in which, I shit you not, Richard rescues Kahlan. Who would've guessed it? Correction: Richard rescues Kahlan and a goat.

I wonder which one he was more eager to rescue? :D

I wonder which one he was more eager to rescue? :D

I wish I didn't remember this, but have you read also the disturbingly twee (in comparison to the eye rollingly grim recitations of crazy rat eaters and rapist POVs that also feature in the book) bits at the end that include the goat having kids (ooh yay!! See? LIFE! LIFE is GOOD!) and Jennsen conveniently meeting and falling in love with Mr Perfect who will obviously bone her in a cringingly bad romantic scene in the next book? Stupid, sickly, righteous tone of an ending.

Remembering Goodkind literature is taking up valuable space in my memory. :sick:

And things get more fun when I posted this over in wotmania's WoT section...

I'm beginning to wonder how many people really did believe us to be serious at first without someone having to tell them that it's a parody.

I'm beginning to wonder how many people really did believe us to be serious at first without someone having to tell them that it's a parody.

:o That is scary! I thought we'd overdone it. We did overdo it! I dunno - perhaps people really do expect it of Terry Goodkind fans. Actually it looked like a couple of WoT fans just saw red at any criticism of Robert Jordan, however patently absurd. :rolleyes:

O'Brien - richardrulez produced many a gem. Thank you. (And sorry my alt kept hitting on you!)

X-ray - loads of wonderful contribs too - but now I want to know who your alter ego is!

I wish I knew who Zukofsky is/was.

The n00bs thread had me in fits of laughter this morning. Parodying this board as well - wicked wonderful!

Yeah, after six years at that site (most of them as an Admin for their Other Fantasy section, which insures my relative sanity ;)), I've come across the occasional zealot that doesn't stop to think that this might be a joke. But there are so many layers now to the Goodkind is Our God site that it's becoming difficult to figure out when a real fanboy/girl is replying there!

I love it!

Zukofsky?

The less famous Zukofsky is me.

Haha - *pats Pless on the back* - many excellent posts - you've made me laugh a lot.

My favourite one still has to be:

The so-called rules of 'grammer' are nothing other more than a smoke-screen errected by the statist relatvists and their life-denying transcendentalist philosophy. The only spelling lesion worth remembering is 'A' is 'A', just like Orwell said.

I just saw this interview by Goodkind, which contradicts the chat transcript with the infamous "I have irrevocably changed the face of fantasy quote" (remember it started as him saying that no, he wouldn't write other things than the SoT series): More Goodkind hilarity It's probably been posted before, because I recognise some idiotic bits in it ("Whose the best author writing today? Ayn Rand - he conveniently ignores Ayn Rand is dead).

It's either about magic or a world-building. I don't do either.

So true. That's the great thing about Goodkind, isn't it? He's so honest...

Some really great stuff in it:

If you notice a similarity, then you probably aren't old enough to read my books.

My purpose is not weirdo cultural diversity.

See, Richardrulez is one of those persons who is very, very, very hard to distinguish from the real thing -- most of us went completely over the top (me included, in the one post I made!) but you... you frighten me, man. :P

Cheers, that is much appreciated!

Suggestion to one of the more savvy/intrepid people here: Go here to Wikipedia's entry for Goodkind and edit in the Goodkind is our God link in a way that it would sound fitting for the article there. Or is that asking too much?

So...I really wanted to read what they said at WoT, and I don't want to bash, but how the hell does that thing work? Why can't we have nice flowing threads of thougts...? I'm not saying, I'm just saying...

In any case...props on the Goodkind stuff! Well done!

Wotmania's system is seriously and fundamentally irritating. Suggesting they change it to something invented after the destruction of the dinosaurs I think earns you an automatic banning from the site.

Just logged onto Wotmania and the first Amazon advert that popped up was for The L Word DVD. Strangely appropriate :lol:

Archived