News from the Insane World of Terry Goodkind, Part 2

Werthead

Wotmania's system is seriously and fundamentally irritating. Suggesting they change it to something invented after the destruction of the dinosaurs I think earns you an automatic banning from the site.

Interestingly, you can actually browse this forum in prehistoric mode by going to Options in the upper right, and choosing Outline under Display Modes. It's really weird, because nobody really pays attention on this style of board to whether they reply to a post or just in general, and thus the 'outline' format gets severely distorted. (I just now realized that there is, in fact, a difference between hitting 'Reply' to a post and deleting the quote, and hitting 'Add Reply' on the top or bottom.)

For those weirdos who actually like the crazy tree format discussions, where posts are ordered by who they reply to rather than order of posting, I recommend not advocating horrible structures like WoTMania's, and rather picking something more sane like Nested mode in Slash. The reader is not required to load pages for every comment read.

Oh, and to keep minimally on topic, fuck Goodkind.

:bow: Thank you for countless moments of hilarity over there.

I post as a pretentious asshole named Roger who's forever whining about "trolls", and as a mildly retarded fanboi, Kahlan.

You spammer, you!

I see you got mod powers too.

:lol: Yes, and I have no idea how.

Don't worry - the same happened to me. Just woke up one day with mod powers. :o

Reckon werewolf must have chosen the most inane alts for the honour, on purpose. :lol:

Speaking of mods, whatever happnened to wolfy? He hasn't been around for a while....

He was on the board yesterday, and posting. Thought he might turn up here. Has anyone PM'd him to let him know of his site's fame?

Wotmania's system is seriously and fundamentally irritating. Suggesting they change it to something invented after the destruction of the dinosaurs I think earns you an automatic banning from the site.

Just logged onto Wotmania and the first Amazon advert that popped up was for The L Word DVD. Strangely appropriate :lol:

I'll work on getting that Ban for you in a bit, if you want ;)

As for the system there, it was put to a vote of sorts back in early 2001, before the present ASP-based MB was built. The majority wanted the old Perl-style board, so that's what was chosen. But to be fair, it's just a different system. There have been many who've used that system that complain about the UBB-style format here because the subthreads get lost rather quickly in a general bit and oftentimes, people don't Quote in order to keep the subthreads more apparent.

As for myself, it doesn't matter too much, as I'm proficient in both means of communication, but there are times that I prefer the threaded format and other times that I prefer loading one page of 15-20 responses at a time. And for the record, many there at wotmania take pride in how different their format is compared to places such as this, which only differ in cosmetic color schemes in appearance from say....a Goodkind site.

Yes, I'm evil. Deal.

There have been many who've used that system that complain about the UBB-style format here because the subthreads get lost rather quickly in a general bit and oftentimes, people don't Quote in order to keep the subthreads more apparent.

But we can go into subthread mode here by switching to Outline view. (If I understand what you are saying)

The peculiar thing about the bits of the WoT forum that I read was that most posts *only* consisted of the title - when you clicked to open the post there was nothing more there, except a sig. It was a communication in one-liners. Did I miss something? I was only on there a short time.

Haha - thread drift.

Speaking of mods, whatever happnened to wolfy? He hasn't been around for a while....

sorry :) been working on getting a life recently and have been online alot less :D

as for people being mods..well... it was sort of random. somebody is even an admin though I dont know if they know this yet! :rofl:

Well Sophelia, a feature of that threaded system is having a *NM* (no message) part, where the person just says everything in that single line without anyone else needing to open the subthread to read that. And I think some others just are more comfortable with that outlined view, so they are bewildered by the format used here and on 90+% of web communities.

And thread drift isn't always a bad thing...except there, we call it threadjacking :P

sorry :) been working on getting a life recently and have been online alot less :D

as for people being mods..well... it was sort of random. somebody is even an admin though I dont know if they know this yet! :rofl:

A life? That doesn't sound like something a Goodkind fan should have at all!

Top quality. :lol: My male alt (kung-fu shrimp) has confessed to having a man-crush on R. Scott Bakker. It's weird trying to act like a guy. I have no idea if my syntax is correct.

My other alt is Mord-Sith == a 30-something professional dom who runs a dungeon in New Jersey and "punishes" biz clients from Manhattan.

I have others, but they're moribund.

I have (so far) only one SN there (the EPJ one), and I think that Bakker thread is going to give Scott fits whenever he gets around to reading it! :P

Suggestion to one of the more savvy/intrepid people here: Go here to Wikipedia's entry for Goodkind and edit in the Goodkind is our God link in a way that it would sound fitting for the article there. Or is that asking too much?

As delicious as that would be, I don't think we should. If we posted it as an authentic fan site, it would be a blow (a tiny one, but a blow nonetheless) to the accuracy upon which Wikipedia must be based, and if we posted it as a parody, it would give the game away (and probably be removed by some Goodkind fanatic anyway). Oh well...

Yeah, it was just a thought, as a 'related' site, not as an endorsed fansite or as a parody. And indeed, man-crushes shouldn't go there, not with all that seed being spilt on that board ;)

Archived