TEN new publicity photos

Werthead

Sophie really seems to be tall, but that is not really bad ;-).

I'd think that the Ned-and-Arya-picture is taking place in Castle Darry. Ned seems to be pretty angry and Arya is obviously afraid of something. Also there are 'sinister Queen's men' in the background.

Tyrion and the Baratheon shield seems to be a whole story in itself. No idea how and why he would hold such a thing.

Thanks for sharing them, Mya!

I seem to recall that the events on Castle Darry had been moved to an inn. But I think you're right and the picture shows the events after Nymeria attacks Joffrey.

Tyrion's shield is not from house Baratheon. I'm fairly sure that it's the show's depiction of House Bracken's blazon. Remember that among the companions of Catelyn and Tyrion in their journey to the Vale there are three Bracken men-at-arms named Kurleket, Lharys and Mohor. The facct that they are following the books so closely is awesome.

The ring...? A freakin chair...? This is why I love this board. Having dismantled every word of the series, each photo is now microscopically examined. When I read posts like these, I scurry back to the photos. There was a ring?! What was it about about the chair? Wait... What chair?!

Once again, you guys deliver. :thumbsup:

All of this reminds me of what times were like on theonering.net when the Lord of the Rings movies were coming out. Surreal. And giddy. :)

Sorry, Usurper. We appreciate the enthusiasim for the series and seeing the pictures and all, but posting these images does infringe on EW's and HBO's copyright.

HBO has promised that EW has a week's exclusivity on the images, and after that HBO.com shall start posting them for everyone to see.

Sorry, Usurper. We appreciate the enthusiasim for the series and seeing the pictures and all, but posting these images does infringe on EW's and HBO's copyright.

HBO has promised that EW has a week's exclusivity on the images, and after that HBO.com shall start posting them for everyone to see.

Oh man, I must have missed something! There are Arya and Sansa pics too.....?!! Can someone at least post a link to the EW page?

EW's gallery is here. The news stand edition of Entertainment Weekly contained four new pictures (new Cersei, new Tyrion, and then a shot of Sansa and Ned with Arya, Jory Cassel, and Ilyn Payne).

See here for a more detailed description of the new photos.

Thanks, Ran. I've had an EW subscription for the last 10 years, so I thought I'd be nice as a longtime paying customer. :P

Just make sure they don't cancel my subscription now, okay?

(PS: Tell Linda I said happy belated birthday. :kiss:)

Another picture on the Making Game of Thrones blog.

It pretty clearly seems to be the dragonbone Valyrian dagger the catspaw had and the book that Jon Arryn and later Ned were consulting, “The Lineages and Histories of the Great Houses of the Seven Kingdoms, With Descriptions of Many High Lords and Noble Ladies and Their Children” by Grand Maester Malleon.

Archived