NFL thread #7

Minaku

Want to know how odd this season is? If the season ended today, the Pats and the Jets, co-owners of the best records in the NFL (along with the Falcons) would end up thus: Jets home field advantage through the playoffs. Pats, as a wild card, on the road throughout.

Want to know how odd this season is? If the season ended today, the Pats and the Jets, co-owners of the best records in the NFL (along with the Falcons) would end up thus: Jets home field advantage through the playoffs. Pats, as a wild card, on the road throughout.

And the Bucs would miss the playoffs with a 7-3 record. I don't think they'll stay at that pace, but if they do, I would be very pissed if I were a bucs fan. The Colts would also miss the playoffs behind the Jags. The weird season keeps going, which I like.

In other Bengals receiver news, TO apparently has been talking shit about Revis, who will cover him this week, referring to him as 'only average'. “He's only done one thing for one year. You talk about shutdown corners you need to repeatedly do it year-in and year-out. I think he did it one year and everybody made a lot of hoopla about it."

I know TO needs to do something to stay relevant, and he's having a good year. But Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson are better WRs than him at this point in his career, and neither of them accomplished anything against Revis. I expect he'll have a solid day of 3 catches for 23 yards.

And the Bucs would miss the playoffs with a 7-3 record. I don't think they'll stay at that pace, but if they do, I would be very pissed if I were a bucs fan.

Hey maybe, but if you're not happy with your BCS ranking get some decent teams on your schedule. Otherwise it's the Meineke Car Care Bowl against the Chiefs.

Hey maybe, but if you're not happy with your BCS ranking get some decent teams on your schedule. Otherwise it's the Meineke Car Care Bowl against the Chiefs.

Their schedule isn't half the joke of what KC or Seattle has. The two weakest divisions in football playing each other in the crossover has made for some ridiculously cupcake schedules.

Their schedule isn't half the joke of what KC or Seattle has. The two weakest divisions in football playing each other in the crossover has made for some ridiculously cupcake schedules.

Tampa's wins this year: Cleveland (w/Delhomme), Carolina, Cincinnati, St. Louis, Arizona, Carolina, San Francisco.

I'll give 'em credit for taking care of business but they've still yet to beat a single "good" team and most of the time they've gotten killed by anyone halfway decent. Fortunately, they get their chance to prove me wrong these next two weeks against Baltimore and Atlanta.

Tampa Bay just wins, Jaime. That's the rule. There's no way that a 7-3 team is worse than a 5-5 team. No. Possible. Way. If they had Manning they would have choked away two of those games already.

Tampa's wins this year: Cleveland (w/Delhomme), Carolina, Cincinnati, St. Louis, Arizona, Carolina, San Francisco.

I'll give 'em credit for taking care of business but they've still yet to beat a single "good" team and most of the time they've gotten killed by anyone halfway decent. Fortunately, they get their chance to prove me wrong these next two weeks against Baltimore and Atlanta.

Yeah, but since they are in the same division as Atlanta and NO, their path to the playoffs is still pretty rocky. Not so with KC and Seattle, who are both leading their divisions on the strength of their weakass schedule.

Tampa Bay just wins, Jaime. That's the rule. There's no way that a 7-3 team is worse than a 5-5 team. No. Possible. Way. If they had Manning they would have choked away two of those games already.

Hey you're preaching to the choir man! I fully expect LeGarrette Blount and co. to sucker punch their way to the Superbowl, one team at a time.

Yeah, but since they are in the same division as Atlanta and NO, their path to the playoffs is still pretty rocky. Not so with KC and Seattle, who are both leading their divisions on the strength of their weakass schedule.

Agreed.

Though at least KC's going to have to earn it as they desperately try to stave off San Diego.

For more depressing figures: The NFC West has 15 total wins. Only 2 came against winning teams. Can you remember what they are without checking the schedule?

The seahawks beat the bears, in pretty dominant fashion. I assume that one of them beat the Chiefs for the other win?

Seeing those win/loss stats for the Bucs makes me feel a lot less nervous for the Ravens this week. I think you are right, I think the Bucs record is inflated by the teams they have played. They are a good team, but probably not an elite team.

The teams I am most impressed with now are the Falcons and the way the Jets have been playing these last several games. The Jets...talk about a team that "just wins," and how they are winning is what is most impressive.

When I look at the Bucs roster, I see a lot of young players. Young players with talent, and maybe a lot of it, but young nonetheless. That they are playing with discipline against mediocre opposition only says to me that their coaching staff is doing its job. Kudos to Raheem Morris. When he was hired, I was part of the collective "Who the f*** is that?". Now I can say that I think they are on to something down there.

The contrast between the Bucs and the 49ers under Singletary was on display this past weekend. One team looked like they knew what to do and where to be. The other did not. QB aside, I don't think Tampa Bay would match up position by position with the 49ers. But on the field there was no comparison.

Happy Thanksgiving all,

well at least there's one game to watch today. NO at Dallas! Should be interesting especially since it's in Dallas and on primetime TV (stakes are raised regardless of either team's record).

I guess Detroit can be happy they always play on T-givings so fans are 'forced' to watch at least one Lions game per season! I personally hope they kick the stuffing outta NE! Can we get Barry Sanders to come out of retirement just for 1 game?

Cinci at Jets. Hmmmm. Trying to come up with a reason to watch this game. Well, lets see how the Jets are coming along I guess.

Archived