2011 Cricket World Cup

Stubby

I must admit that n I was surprised at the one-sidedness of this. :shocked:

Tonight I hope the sparkling Indian Batsmen give Australia the boot .. It will make for an intense semifinal if they do :D

In typical form Haddin gets out almost immediately after getting a half century. Australia batting first is a rather large advantage for this particular matchup. India's batsmen won't be quite as dangerous if Australia can pile enough pressure on them to chase a big score.

Still not sure if a big score is coming though, given our dodgy middle order. Clarke is probably best out there now milking the singles but White is out of form and a walking wicket. The Husseys might prove useful at the death but only if we can hold them back until then, and even so, our fast bowlers will need to get early wickets. Wickets are the only way Australia's attack can stem the flow of runs because Lee, Tait and Johnson can all be expensive.

At 2/116 after 25, I think India are still very much in this. I think they could probably chase down anything 260 or less without much trouble, the pitch is slow (which will blunt our fast bowlers) and we don't have top quality spinners to exploit it. Australia will need to push 280+ before they can start thinking about being ahead in this game.

Clarke gone, that's a blow for Australia.

Innings is going nowhere, White is now out.

Ponting of all people holding us together - good for him to find form, but it might be too little too late.

Definitely a competitive score if Australia bowl well. This is an improvement over yesterday.

It's good to see Ponting have at least one more good innings before the end of his career. He might be a bit of a dick sometimes but there's no doubt he's a great batsman.

Need to take out Sehwag ASAP. Given their deep batting line-up, I highly doubt Aussies will win unless they take early wickets.

All up to the bowlers now. Let's hope our pace attack shows up. They haven't been impressive so far. Good to see Punter show up though. He's been missing the last few matches :P

What happened to you not following the WC any more Winged S? You still seem to be pretty captivated as far as I can see...

FWIW, I'm predicting an Aussie victory (but then I also picked an Ashes victory for Australia, so take that one with the a grain of salt).

Archived