Dumbest Facebook Statuses, 2

MinDonner

When I clicked the link and gazed upon the picture, I realized that this was created by a person who's thought processes were so foreign to me I could never understand them. It was awesome, like a window into the deepest pits of an alien mind, a mind so different and strange that each foray was a journey into the unknown.

Then I read your post, a post so full of win I wept whilst reading it. I can gaze into the abyss and laugh.

Bravo!

So we now know the artist behind 'Terror's Loving Embrace' or perhaps 'Love's Enduring Terror' or..'Find the Port Key Cedric! Quick!...'

Sadly I do actually like the Aunt who posted it so I didn't give the reply I wanted to. My family is nuts enough that feuds have been started over less.

I tried to ignore it entirely but after people started agreeing with it I did have to point out that it isn't even true in the US let alone Australia.

I usually react the same way. ignore until pushed too far. Once - my husbands - step father, wrote.

"I can't believe the government is giving all the turban wearing terrorist all the jobs in MY country"

One of his friends from his Christian group, responded with "Amen".

I sort of raged in comments. and the status was deleted by him. and I think we have each other on hide now... We are both happier that way.

This youtube vid keeps popping up on my news feed. http://www.youtube.c...u/6/KOTHYsHH0JM

Facebook Etiquette. it makes me smile. not just because of the content. But the people who are posting it, should probably take some of the advice....me included :)

Well, I think you're a bit hasty in judging that painting when you only saw half of the product. Here's the scene that inspired that painting. I bet you'd change your mind after this!

*fade to black*

I couldn't read this post. I'm exposed to too much slash as it is from my SF Giants board. (NO HOMO)

But I imagine I agree with it.

Ha ha ha I just got this response to pointing out the many errors in the latest bit of climate change denial someone on my friends list decided to link to facebook. The bit about attacking 'anything and everything' she posts is because I called her on another of those stupid rebadged american chain status a couple of weeks ago.

THanks Brook, I just Picked that link up from one of the carbon tax pages I trawl and I can only take it on face value because I cant be arsed looking through the internet on every subject before I post a link. If you dont mind I would pref...er you stop attacking anything and everything I post on my own profile like a rabid attack dog because its becoming quite constant Brookita and Its starting to give me the sh1ts. If you want to be passive aggressive then dont be. Simple.

I rather like being a rabid attack dog but all the same I think its time for someone to go on ignore for a while :)

It didn't go well. I'm not sure what was passive-agressive about it though, I was aiming for agressive-agressive.

She's a sweet girl when you don't talk politics but infuriating because she always wants to. We have way too many mutual friends to delete her so I guess hiding her status for a while will keep us both sane.

W A R N I N G TO ALL PARENTS! -Do not join the group currently on Facebook with the title "Becoming a Father or Mother was the greatest gift of my life" It is a group of PEDOPHILES trying to access your photos. This was on TEN News at 5. Please copy and post! Let's keep our children safe! (Please take a minute to copy & paste) Can't take any chances with our children !!

*groan*

and I responded....

I googled this Xxxxx, because I have seen similar posts in the past..only with "Fox News" instead of 10 news. Since May 2010. it is a hoax. also with the correct privacy settings. joining a group would not allow said group to view your pictures. a friend request would have to be aproved first. Just as an aside. posting such warnings. while may alert people to be more cautious. It doesn't resolve the issue. any suspect activity should be reported to facebook management. or in the case of a serious breach. the police.

Good call.

I really don't like fear campaigns.

Would little Jonny's birthday party be what they are attracted to, anyway? Iwould have thought anything more personal wouldn't go on the net anyway.

Ha ha ha I just got this response to pointing out the many errors in the latest bit of climate change denial someone on my friends list decided to link to facebook. The bit about attacking 'anything and everything' she posts is because I called her on another of those stupid rebadged american chain status a couple of weeks ago.

THanks Brook, I just Picked that link up from one of the carbon tax pages I trawl and I can only take it on face value because I cant be arsed looking through the internet on every subject before I post a link. If you dont mind I would pref...er you stop attacking anything and everything I post on my own profile like a rabid attack dog because its becoming quite constant Brookita and Its starting to give me the sh1ts. If you want to be passive aggressive then dont be. Simple.

I rather like being a rabid attack dog but all the same I think its time for someone to go on ignore for a while :)

"I can't be bothered to learn whether the tripe I'm posting from the sites I read that are full of shit is true, stop doing it for me"

Iwould have thought anything more personal wouldn't go on the net anyway.

You're funny.

"I can't be bothered to learn whether the tripe I'm posting from the sites I read that are full of shit is true, stop doing it for me"

You're funny.

I unfriended someone for something like this. It was during the thing where everyone was changing their face book photos to a cartoon character. One girl posted a scare tactic message about how it was actually a group of pedophiles who started the whole thing. I looked it up, found out that was absolutely not true and made a comment saying so. She responded with, "So? can't be too careful!" I couldn't stand that she had no problem with spreading lies because, you know, pedophiles! Won't someone think of the children!

:bang:

I take great pleasure in taking 10 seconds to find a link disproving whatever crap someone is using all caps about.

The one that really gets me is the "I grew up saying the PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE [blahblahblah] kids can't say it anymore [blahblah] UNDER GOD because it OFFENDS someone [blahblah] REPOST [blahblah].

I forget the numbers but 36 States or so do do it, or allow each district to choose. Six or eight States have nothing on the books regarding it, no State bans it.

Bloody fracking idiots.

Archived