UK Politics IX

Usotsuki

Come on Min! You can't seriously think that Dennis and Mrs T had *ahem* intimate relations! That's just crazy talk!

After the John Major/Edwina Currie revelations, nothing of this sort will surprise me again. There's only so much horror a human mind can take before being desensitized.

After the John Major/Edwina Currie revelations, nothing of this sort will surprise me again. There's only so much horror a human mind can take before being desensitized.

I think we should all take a leaf our of Usotsuki's book and soothe our over-worked minds with some Brown/Blair slash.

Edwina Currie has an air of liveliness about her, there's a certain sense that she has a broad streak of fun running through her. But Major. If John Major rouses the passions of women and fills their mouths with honeyed longing then I'm done for, at least until I've bought some oversized glasses and died dyed all my hair grey.

Cleggeron feels too easy, as though it could be true. There's all that upper class, private school, tom brown's schooldays business. Transplant them both to the same school and Clegg could be fagging for Cameron, there's the story of the passion that dares to speak it's name between rounds of buttered crumpet and finishing Cameron's maths homework for him, it virtually writes itself.

Now Pickander and Alexles, that's got potential. What would bring them together, physical attraction? Pickander loves redheads while Alexles lusts after the Rubenesque - could be. Maybe it's a bit more political, they both feel that they are outsiders, lonely in the alien southern world of London politics, their strong mutual feelings for their homelands at first repel and then attract each other. It could be food, Pickander bakes up great lardy pies each one a love letter more sensual than the last drawing Alexles against his will into a transgressive blue orange relationship...

Now Pickander and Alexles, that's got potential. What would bring them together, physical attraction? Pickander loves redheads while Alexles lusts after the Rubenesque - could be. Maybe it's a bit more political, they both feel that they are outsiders, lonely in the alien southern world of London politics, their strong mutual feelings for their homelands at first repel and then attract each other. It could be food, Pickander bakes up great lardy pies each one a love letter more sensual than the last drawing Alexles against his will into a transgressive blue orange relationship...

This has definite promise.

As for Cleggeron, I am sure it must already have been written. I'm with Lummel on this one. Now my question would be, where does Osborne fit into all this? I'm seeing him as the jealous type, definitely.

TP, I am assuming this is the first UK Politics thread you have read. They ALL go like this eventually. I'm surprised it's taken us 3 pages this time to be honest.

Terra Prime,

slash fiction seems a reasonable and rational response to our current politics.

For example recently the government as part of its drive to do things decided to sell off parts of the forestry commission. The forestry commission was established after WWI to establish a strategic timber asset for the nation - presumably as a result of fears of not having enough timber in the event of future wars and has continued ever since maintain a mix of old growth and plantation woodland which as a bonus is generally open and available for public use. Whatever the rights or wrongs of the disposed disposal there was vast public upset and unease and the government as a result reversed course. At about the same time it emerged that much of the land managed by the forestry commission wasn't actually opened by the government - it was leased on peppercorn rents from private landowners and so could never of actually been sold to third parties in the first place. So the government had leapt out and embarked on a hugely controversal policy without even bothering to do the most basic in-house research.

There's a limit to the number of times and the number of ways you can say that a group of people are collectively being either grossly incompetent and /or hopelessly optimistic. Therefore slash-fiction is the most reasonable and sensible way that the current situation can be discussed without frothing at the mouth.

Also I'd like to think that we have learnt from the example of the US politics threads.

Actually, I recall that our in-depth discussion of the forestry issue consisted mostly of puns about trees. We are slacking. :crying:

Did Happy Ent know about this?

Actually, I recall that our in-depth discussion of the forestry issue consisted mostly of puns about trees. We are slacking. :crying:

I thought they were a pretty dense thicket of tree related puns, I mean you certainly couldn't see the wood for the trees. But when you've got a policy idea that has been that poorly executed then jokes are the most serious response you can make.

In retrospect I don't think thistle even make the 'worst Coalition fuckups of 2011' - you lot will be pining for the innocent days of the forestry bungle come winter. Um. Eucalyptus.

Archived