Aussies LIII

Paxter

Pax, that quote didn't say the researcher said free ride. But I'm too late replying to continue and it might be touching a nerve with you man. Anyway I positively wish that any of the students I ever had classes with participated as much as they do in the classes you teach.

Rogues Gallery thread (all your stalking needs in one convenient thread!)

Huh?

I don't have much to do with the board beyond this thread these days. Even then I'm only just making it back here.

No, just made a Powerpoint display about people who stage "I'm Leaving" dramas.

I do remember some of those from years ago when I was posting regularly. I can't remember all their names but I remember them. One person left and then sup-os-ed-ly recruited their "roommate" to get on the board and attack everyone under a different username and somehow knew TerraPrime was gay etc. Funny.

Belated- of course they do- they exasperate and excite in about equal measures.

Clock work is so boring ( SA and Aus of old)

I'm just tired of making excuses on their behalf. I don't mind losing, I'm used to it by now, but the way they played is a disgrace. I really thought those days were behind us and then the WI and SA game happened...

At least we got the poms. There is that for consolation... but the wounds are still too fresh at the moment. Forgiveness will come later...like always :P

I'm hanging out for the AFL season to start. I don't know if I'll watch a full game until Saturday night, when my lot takes on Paxter's bunch of crabs, but I will be checking in between overs in the WC matches.

Carn the Lions!!*

* Which, of course, means "fuck me it's likely to be a long depressing season."

Pax, that quote didn't say the researcher said free ride.

The article is pretty clear on this point. The researcher is directly quoted as saying "international non-English-speaking background students effectively free ride on each other".

But I'm too late replying to continue and it might be touching a nerve with you man.

Not really. I've had this same discussion with quite a few of the people I work with and some would agree with your arguments and phrase them in similar terms.

Just wondering, did anyone watch 60 minutes last night?

Yes I did, you thinking about the bully getting hurt?

TWS Congrats and massive hug mate

I am currently waiting on a phone call saying I have a new job. Fingers crossed since it will be the same sort of work but double the money!

Lots of truly weird stuff happening at the moment, from my business partner proposing to me to a car that seems to be running without using any fuel.

Ain't life Grand?

Yes I did, you thinking about the bully getting hurt?

TWS Congrats and massive hug mate

I am currently waiting on a phone call saying I have a new job. Fingers crossed since it will be the same sort of work but double the money!

Lots of truly weird stuff happening at the moment, from my business partner proposing to me to a car that seems to be running without using any fuel.

Ain't life Grand?

I was more thinking on the lines of the 'Democracy Hating and other Religion Bashing' segment and what we all thought of it?

And griff you are a sly ol dawg.

Ain't life Grand?

Your partner proposed to you? GS, this is the one time we actually want one of your long, punctuation-deprived posts and you don't deliver?!

Glad everything's going well though (and hope you get the job) :cheers:.

Awesome chat moment, courtesy of Ithanos :cheers:

ithanos.thechatboard65972 says to (02:47):

where's is prearts anyway?

Ski.thechatboard65972 says to (02:47):

cooking dinner for half of Perth

ithanos.thechatboard65972 says to (02:47):

that can't be too hard, there's only his house and Stubbs & Laoise

Belated- of course they do- they exasperate and excite in about equal measures.

Clock work is so boring ( SA and Aus of old)

Pax pointed out you may have been talking about Pakistan, in which case I totally agree. They've been doing fantastic. It would really boost the country's morale if they win the WC. It's about time Asia gets the cup again. It's been too long!

I was talking about Bangladesh and their horrid performance against WI and SA.

Is that going to impact on the business partnership GS? If you get the job will you let us know?

60 minutes and the religion bashing thing? I won't go on any of you who know me know how I feel about integration etc. Got relos in UK who are pretty open minded and some are ethnic but even they are frustrated by blatant lack of integration etc. Having said that I don't think the term multicultralism deserves to be called a failure, but I'm not a Briton. I think 60 minutes was struggling for stories personally.

Pax pointed out you may have been talking about Pakistan, in which case I totally agree. They've been doing fantastic. It would really boost the country's morale if they win the WC. It's about time Asia gets the cup again. It's been too long!

I was talking about Bangladesh and their horrid performance against WI and SA.

Yes , it was the Pak team... was Bangladesh playing in the WC ?? ;)

I think 60 minutes was struggling for stories personally.

Agreed. Sad thing is, 60 Minutes is the eighth most-watched program in this country (and don't even get me started on Seven News, Border Security and Nine News, which currently occupy spots 10, 13 and 20, respectively) :thumbsdown:.

@sh_wulff: Love the new avatar - that one's a keeper I reckon :cheers:. Can't say the same for you and your "pets" avatar TWS...

Archived