New Teaser & Featurette

Westeros

It matters because movement of the camera and bodies in time and space is what directing a coherent scene in a film is all about. If you have the geography right logically, you can make much better sense of a scene on screen. Directors often have models built of their sets so they can practice camera movements and such before they shoot a scene. There are tricks one can use to mess with this if you aren't showing people a big map at the beginning of every episode of the setting of the film or show, but if you show them this map every single show, then describe people sailing East to the Free Cities, but then show them sailing West on screen, because everything is backwards, you are going to sow confusion. Likewise, when you show the armies marching from The Reach which is clearly southwest on the map from King's Landing in season 2, but now they appear to be approaching from the northeast, you again are going to confuse people...if only subconsciously. But confusing them subconsciously can be very distracting - they may know something is off, or may just be confused, but not know why. Not good for a scene.

I get what you're saying but I think you're reading too much into this. When you look at the two images you posted I really don't understand how that changes the direction anyone would be approaching Kings Landing by land or sea. All it seems to have done was move the Red Keep farther up the river which would put it farther behind the city. And they will still be sailing the same direction by sea as well. No matter how you flip that image Kings Landing is still faceing the sea. If Kings Landing was put on the other side of the continent then I could see your point but it's not. So I don't think this will confuse anyone. When people are watching this show they will have no way of knowing the exact direction they are heading. it's not like someone will say "hey that looks like they are moving south and not southwest! let me get out my map of westeros to verify".

Isnt Jory supposed to remain alive in the movie version... or so ive read somewhere around here?

Anyway, im just noticing stuff... doesnt have to be a "problem". Is that a problem?

No, I don't think that's been going around. I think he might have a bigger part than in the book because he'll be one of the people Ned is talking to in a lot of scenes, so a lot that was internalized in Ned's chapters could come out as dialogue between them on the show. You know, Jory is a trusted member of Ned's retinue, so he's in on much more of Ned's ruminations than anyone is in the book.

But it's quite clear that once Ned and Jaime have their confrontation in the streets, he's probably gone from the story.

More importantly it seems to me that earlier trailers had Sean delivering his death sentence line slightly differently then the version we see now.

No doubt they shot the scene multiple times. It's possible they've chosen a different take to use since then, though i didn't notice any difference (but I wasn't looking for it).

It sounds like Madden really immersed himself in creating the mindset Robb must have had grown up knowing he would be the next Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North and all of the awesome responsibility that comes with that. He's got a very serious attitude about what it must mean historically, his sense of duty and purpose...I think it's great.

Richard Madden (Robb Stark) seems to be really into it.

"After the Wall, its us that guard the North, the Starks."

Love it!

I totally missed that the first time I saw the video. I really think he's going to make a great Robb.

Also liked how Michelle Fairley and Sean Bean talked about Catelyn and Ned. "Theirs is a very genuine, true marriage," etc.

Isnt Jory supposed to remain alive in the movie version... or so ive read somewhere around here?

Anyway, im just noticing stuff... doesnt have to be a "problem". Is that a problem?

Sean Bean mentioned that one of Neds friends gets stabbed in the eye. Some people speculated that this was Jory and that being stabbed in the Eye may have been less fatal than having numerous sword wounds as in the book.

Given however that we can clearly see Jorys body with a dagger in his eye this speculation was unfounded.

Is Richard Madden from the same part of Scotland as Sean Connery?

Pretty close on the map. Connery is from Edinburgh, Madden was born West of Glasgow.

Which reminds me. I wonder if we're going to hear that accent in GoT as well. The only spoken line from Robb so far was the "The next time I see you, you'll be all in black," one in the previous teaser, and it's hard to tell if he kept the accent or not from just that one phrase.

I hope think the picture is correct. If you look at the wall (yet it's a wall not a bridge) that 'starts' from the Red Keep and goes to the right, you may notice that the water ends and land begins (at least I see some yellow and green there). Also if you again look carefully, between those faraway hills and the city (just right of the Red Keep) you may see some blue. So I think they got it right, only that they extruded the Red Keep out into the water more than the canon map shows.

Anyway thanks for the pick, because I also got to see a glimpse of Baelor's Sept (large building to the right)

Right, that's how I see it too. I dont think the mouth of the river is on the side closest to us, I think it's on the other side. Which would put the camera on the northern side looking south. That explanation fits for why the bay is on the left, and the general placement of the rest of the city.

I just saw one of the earlier trailers and there the delivery was a bit more formal, more ... powerful.

I find this new delivery much better. Its only a slight difference to be sure but im pretty certain im detecting it.

You are not mistaken. Here Ned's voice is quiter. I'm sure the first time around they did it more solemn for the purposes of the trailer - you have to get some force there and it's necessary to set the pace for the trailer. Some other lines differ between trailers too.

Very, very cool videos. Unlike Nihil, I actually almost laughed at the dead girl though. She looked like a doll to me.

Dolls are also creepy! That's what made it extra creepy! I can handle Walking Dead style decayed zombies all right (after repeated desensitization treatments) but that one looked so creepy and empty and ugh. (Apparently they designed that scene specifically to tweak my particular neuroses, nice job guys.)

Since it's apparently burned into my brain now, I can nitpick that her eyes weren't blue. It's possible that she was just a corpse though, and not a reanimated wight... whatever, I thought it was effective, let's move on.

"The next time we see each other we'll talk about your mother."

:leer:

:leer:

Very, very cool videos. Unlike Nihil, I actually almost laughed at the dead girl though. She looked like a doll to me.

:agree:

a creepy one xD

Pretty close on the map. Connery is from Edinburgh, Madden was born West of Glasgow.

It is fairly close, but you'll never get anyone from Edinburgh or Glasgow to say they're from the same part of Scotland as each other ;)

Which reminds me. I wonder if we're going to hear that accent in GoT as well. The only spoken line from Robb so far was the "The next time I see you, you'll be all in black," one in the previous teaser, and it's hard to tell if he kept the accent or not from just that one phrase.

I'm assuming he won't keep the accent, since it won't fit well with the accents of the other Starks.

I was a bit surprised to find that Cersei's line about "everyone who isn't us is an enemy" was to Joffrey - I'd always assumed it was Jaime she was talking to when we heard it before.

I had also assumed that, although it does make sense her saying that to Joffrey as well.

Archived