Maester's Path 5th Link and NYC Food Experience

Westeros

The fifth and final puzzle of the Maester’s Path has now gone live! With each of the previous puzzles having covered four of the five senses, this one deals with the last sense left: taste. And it ties in, thematically at least, with HBO’s taste experience that’ll be playing out in New York City and Los Angeles over the next couple of weeks, as award-winning chef Tom Cochillio of Top Chef has planned out the menu.

And just in time for that, today happens to be the first evening for the food truck in New York City. At last report, it will be somewhere in the vicinity of Union Square at 6PM. The menu for today is inspired by King’s Landing and features trout, rabbit, and (of course) lemon cakes, a brief video describing it that we’ve embed below, plus the full menus for all five days of the experience… which are necessary to solving the puzzle!

read on >>>

Visit the Site!

I'm not sure. I've got the menus open, so I can see the differences, but see no way to interact with the test itself.

Guesses

I presume it's to do with the changing fruit on the menus, but that's no good unless I figure out how to actually do something with the puzzle. I even went back through the previous puzzles to see if there was something to "collect" to add while the thing's pouring, but I can't find anything. (Or haven't so far, anyway.)

Steve Coulson says that the clue is very important. He also says that the phrase "before the fold" is also an important clue. Linda has also tallied up differences:

1 King’s Landing: all fruit whole

2 Riverlands: 3 half eaten green apples (left half gone, angled up)

3 The Wall: 2 half peeled oranges (right half gone, angled up)

4 Pentos: 3 half eaten red apples (right half gone, angled down)

5 Winterfell: 3 half peeled oranges (top half gone)

Ran, I'm pretty sure in Friday's there is also a half peeled ... grapefruit? blood orange? on the upper right, somewhere in the vicinity between the two half-eaten green apples.

It doesn't align with Friday's oranges though.

There is also an apple at the bottom by the two horses

Apologies this has already been mentioned it's 1130 here an I need my bed ;)

Archived