[BOOK SPOILERS] A Miscellany of Ice and Fire

Ran

Kind of a humorous question but,

When the topic of the Red Wedding comes up in Season 3 on HBO, would it be a good idea to hide the knives in the house? My wife is a libra, and I have a feeling that she is going to be upset because the justice scales will not be at a equal footing. Where as the good guys are getting clobbered in the first 3 books.

I remember my reaction when the Red Wedding happened, and it really stuck with me/bothered with me. I hope the wife doesn't try to kick my butt for not letting her know that some of her favorites might meet their end.

When the topic of the Red Wedding comes up in Season 3 on HBO, would it be a good idea to hide the knives in the house? My wife is a libra, and I have a feeling that she is going to be upset because the justice scales will not be at a equal footing. Where as the good guys are getting clobbered in the first 3 books.

I remember my reaction when the Red Wedding happened, and it really stuck with me/bothered with me. I hope the wife doesn't try to kick my butt for not letting her know that some of her favorites might meet their end.

Personally, I would be more annoyed at having such a major event spoiled for me. But you know your wife best.

I am a Libra, and when I read it, I literally threw my book down in disgust. I then called my friend who made me read the books and bitched him out. It was 2:30AM. I didn't care.

I would at least wear something with a little extra padding, as I'm sure she may try to beat you with a couch cushion. :P

I've just been looking for the right place to post this, because it still cracks me up.

Entertainment Weekly's site had exclusive pictures of "Bean as Sir Eddie Stark."

After I made a few derrogatory comments, they fixed it, but it was like that for a few days. All hail Sir Eddie!

:rofl:

You know what's great? I saw that, then I saw that a "Blaine" called them out on it, and I never put two and two together that it was YOU. :lol:

There's a good possibility that Bean's voice will be heard when Arya prays in the Harrenhall Godswood. I hope so as that is one of my favorite scenes in the series.

I've just been looking for the right place to post this, because it still cracks me up.

Entertainment Weekly's site had exclusive pictures of "Bean as Sir Eddie Stark."

After I made a few derrogatory comments, they fixed it, but it was like that for a few days. All hail Sir Eddie!

For some reason the first thing that popped in my head when I read "Bean as Sir Eddie Stark" was an image of Rowan Atkinson in Black Adder, and I was hoping it was some kind of parody.

Greets all,

I was just visiting a friend in LA. Dropped her off for an audition and had some time to kill in Hollywood, happened by the Highland & Hollywood plaza... and saw this fantastic 80ft high banner for the HBO production of GoT. Being the super-fan that I am... it made my day :)

Its of the Wall, and way at the bottom are some buildings of Castle Black. Running from them to the top along the side is the cage.

I took a few pics, but only this one would UL to imageshack.

Pic of the banner in LA

Anyone else seen this at Highland & Hollywood plaza?

PS. why is the GoT sub forum here locked?

That's not just a banner. Apparently in the evenings they have been projecting a sort of Las Vegas-style ... thing onto it, I have no idea how to describe it, but you can see it in this video below:

That's not just a banner. Apparently in the evenings they have been projecting a sort of Las Vegas-style ... thing onto it, I have no idea how to describe it, but you can see it in this video below:

If I'm not mistaken, that's the first time the title theme music has been used in a promo? (Or at least the first I've seen.)

A question.... With the highly serialized nature of the show, do the episodes include "Previously On..." segments in the beginning? Or do they just assume that the viewer is up to date?

It would be unlike HBO to do this - the Wire and True Blood have similar serialised natures, and they don't have Previously On

It would be unlike HBO to do this - the Wire and True Blood have similar serialised natures, and they don't have Previously On

Really? On the Wire DVDs, they didn't include the Previously On with the episode, but I seem to remember they had them elsewhere on the DVD as separate features. Maybe they are optional.

Really? On the Wire DVDs, they didn't include the Previously On with the episode, but I seem to remember they had them elsewhere on the DVD as separate features. Maybe they are optional.

I only have the Wire on DVD, so it's possible they did it when it was showing but removed them for the DVDs (although my Stargate DVDs do have the previously on segments).

Archived