Interview with Harry Lloyd

Westeros

GameOfThrones_Viserys_01_M.jpgAs promised, our interview with actor Harry Lloyd is now available!

We asked the actors about a number of topics, from his audition for Viserys Targaryen, his experience filming in Morocco for the pilot, all the way through to his final scenes, along with some book-based discussion (including the question he’d most like to ask George about the series)

Visit the Site!

Good interview! When the castings for the pilot were announced, he was my favorite. I'd seen him in Robin Hood and loved him there (always been a sucker for Will Scarlett) - and for Viserys, he absolutely walked outta my head and onto the screen, visually speaking.

I wonder if he knows how much fans have adored him. It's easy to give universal praise to the actors that perform in such great and likable roles like Arya and Tyrion (not to take away anything from their talent - it's obvious that they are both outstanding actors). But to take an unlikable, one-note character from the books and turn him into one of the best parts of the first six episodes shows great writing, but I believe it is mostly a testament to his portrayal. Never in my wildest dreams would I regret losing that character, and I think many people agree with me. Congrats on one of the best performances I've seen in a long time, and good luck to him in the future!

I echo smegma. Superb job, Harry, just superb. Didn't think there'd be an actor on earth that could make me miss seeing Viserys from now on, but you did it! I'll miss you!

Weirdly, I can't see the interview. Just see his pic and a whole blank page.

to take an unlikable, one-note character from the books and turn him into one of the best parts of the first six episodes shows great writing, but I believe it is mostly a testament to his portrayal. Never in my wildest dreams would I regret losing that character, and I think many people agree with me. Congrats on one of the best performances I've seen in a long time, and good luck to him in the future!

Thirded. I loved Lloyd's turn as Viserys, a character who I thought was interesting, but who I never expected to so thoroughly enjoy onscreen. That credit goes directly to Lloyd. I am going to miss that crazy sonuvabitch. :(

Yeah, I was sad to see Viserys dead so early in the piece. But only because I knew there was no more Harry Lloyd from that moment on, so now the show has lost a little of its lustre.

I hope the entry of Tywin Lannister at least fills the "villain" gap left by the exit of Viserys.

I will be sad to see him go when I'll finally get to see the 6th episode (hopefully this lifetime).

His work on this part has been brilliant. What I find fascinating is how he always finds justifications for Viserys and his messed up personality, up to the point that you almost believe it's other people's fault for him being that way.

The interview was awesome.

I was unfamiliar with Lloyd's work prior to the series, but will now be on the look out for him.

He did an amazing job of creating a degree of sympathy or, at the very least, understanding for a thoroughly unlikeable character without changing the essence of that character from the book. I don't feel that TV Viserys and book Viserys are two different characters. Rather, I feel like I understand Viserys better after seeing him on TV. And that is a testament to Lloyd owning the role.

• 1 year later...

This interview makes me wonder if Francis Magee and Simon Armstrong can be interviewed someday?

I mean they are spoiler free now... but must be drifting around somewhere.

I would love to hear their impressions.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived