[ADWD Spoilers] Speculation About the Winds of Winter

Vikingkingq

Anybody have any ideas on how Arya will be reincorporated into the story given the time disparities of her storyline compared to everyone else?

well arya has to be sent to kill a MAJOR character or the massive amount of time spent on turning her into this faceless assasin will be pretty pointless now forgive me if im wrong but i think i remember reading somewhere that any person she is sent to kill must be somebody that she doesn't know ... the most major person that she doesn't know is dany. Now we know how grrm likes to bring down the good guys just when things seem to be going well for them so i think its at least a possibility that winds of winter will have a cliffhanger involving arya being sent to kill the mother of dragons. weither she will go thru with it or not i don't know i mean its possible she'll rebel against the faceless bastards take up needle and remember who she is. Of course if Dany turns batshit targ crazy ala aerys Arya killing her just as she's about to burn the crap out of everything would be sweet

Ser Robert Strong wins the trial for Cersei by defeating Lancel, but then goes on a rampage and kills Tommen in very much the same way he killed Aegon/Fake Aegon. Everyone finds out that Gregor is still going Strong.

Jamie is killed by Lady Stoneheart. Complete emotional crisis for Brienne. She kills Stoneheart and takes over the BWB.

Mycella dies of the pale mare and Cersei who has now lost everything is assasinated by Arya (who is the Valquanor) using the strangler poison).

Ramsay Bolton's head needs to be on a pike on the walls of Winterfell at some point.

Theon takes the Black.

Mycella dies of the pale mare and Cersei who has now lost everything is assasinated by Arya (who is the Valquanor) using the strangler poison).

Ramsay Bolton's head needs to be on a pike on the walls of Winterfell at some point.

Theon takes the Black.

The valonqar prophecy isn't sexually ambivalent it means little brother. I know Arya is a tomboy but I'd hardly call her a little boy of murderous prophecy.

Plus, I think the concept of little brother has to be relevant to Cersei. If it just means "somebody's little brother" I think that'd be kinda ridiculous. There's like 49,804,982 (yeah exaggerating plz don't reply questioning this) little brothers in this book that's like a present day real life psychic reading saying "I sense you are worried about things...", hardly a powerful prediction if that's the case.

There is also a bit of foreshadowing about Dany - she is barren - which creates major problems in a queen (being able to bear children is a major part of the job description)

Dany is no longer barren, if she ever was. She had a miscarriage there in the mud by the river. Nope it wasn'r her period, it wasn't the flux, it was a miscarriage. Massive bleeding that she couldn't stop + severe cramping = miscarriage.

One of the Bolton's become the stone beast of prophecy, perhaps Roose has greyscales (why he foreshadows his own death) or Ramsay weds and beds Shireen, then Melisandre either forced or willingly attempts to kill/heal them in a supernatural manner, the stone beast being the end result.

Jon fullfill the "kill the boy" and be reborn as a man to lead the NW and the Wildings against the Threat. Mel will see a little bit better in her flames and will nearly wet herself seeing that it is Jon who should be AAR.

Bran would discovered the all truth and will find a way to explain it to Jon, maybe is clue to the Valyrian Steel is the right one ...

Before becoming a entire Tree 3CE will place a spell to Dany. After the big battle she will comes with a least 1 dragon and thanks to its breath will provide more and more Valyrian Steel ...

Jaime will be able to live on after asking to become a slave of R'hllor, he will the fight against UnGregor , kill him then facing his sweet little sister , kill her and just die after KingSlayer ... Quenslayer ... Brienne would grieve and go to the North and die as a Hero there with Toros

Arya, well , i thnink that she will become a FacelessMan Killer but i don't know who would be THE target .... Tommen ? Jon ? Dany ? Stannis if still alive ? Cercei ? StoneHeart ? After that, she will be Arya again and kill the remainng bastards of her prayers in hte field , if no, she will go to see Jon and Help him.... maybe she will kill The great other !

Rickon would be found, he will reclaim the North will married SHeeren and become the King of the North. Meanwhile Aegon will take Storm's End alone, will meet somehow Dany (having heard of the north and like Stannis willl go there to give a little help ?) they marry and a promise to marry their children to Rickon/Shheeren after wards to give the realm peace ...

Tyrion is back as lord of Casterly Rock, Selmy as lord Commander.Sansa and LittleFinger didn't have hte time to move. After a good Thinking He will get back Sansa to the Imp. that would bring a Stark/Targaryen/Lannister/Baratheon peace.Sweet Robin still lives and would marry Arianne ...He dies after the wedding night, heart attack !

Frey, boltons and Tyrel would be crashed down !! still will remain big Walda ^^

Bran will use his growing powers to reveal himself to Catelyn and stop her from killing Jaime. Either through a weirwood or through Nymeria or through a direct visitation or maybe even by warging into Catelyn herself.

He will direct Jaime to bring Oathkeeper to Winterfells crypts. In the meantime, Jon's body will be sent to the Winterfell crypts and Ghost will escape and carry Jon's spirit south to Winterfell as well. Here Winds of Winter will reach its climax, where Jaime will arrive with Oathkeeper and Jon will ultimately be revived - by Bran. Oathkeepr is of course Ligthbringer.

In the meantime the Wall falls.

Arya will learn to lie so well that when the Kindly Old Bastard asks her if she knows Cersei, she will say no, and he will believe her, and thus Arya will get the assignment to kill the Queen.

Manderly's fleet will rescue the Wildlings at Hardhome. They will arrive there at the same time that Bran arrives through the tunnels in the Hardhome cliffs, which are connected to the Children's caves.

Bran and company will leave on the ships for White Harbour.

In the meantime, Daenerys will do some more stuff in Essos, and maybe head off to Westeros by the end of the Book.

okay....

So... long time lurker, 1st time poster.

My predictions:

1) The humorous:

a) Stannis is not AA. His mouth however is the Horn on jormun. The grinding of his teeth bring down the wall.

B) Arya is sent to kill Tommen. At the last minute he wargs into one of his kittens (Ser Pounce?).

c) Bran and Manderly rebuild the wall. out of lamprey pies.

2) The serious:

a) Davos rescues Rickon. Rickon has become wild under the tutelege of Osa and the inhabitants of Skagos. Remember that ShaggyDog (and thus Rickon) were said by jojen to be fearful and full of rage. Rickon eventually becomes Nights King. Remember the allusion to nights king having no name... maybe an umber... maybe a bolton (maybe a Stark?)

B) The Blackfish is rallying a subset of the BwB and other riverlands loyalists, He retakes riverun (Remember that Tom o'sevens is already inside). The end of the seige between the Blackwoods and Brakens is a sham arranged by the blackfish to lull Jamie into thinking that part of the war is over and he can go home. The Freys turn the prisoners from the red wedding over to the crown. on the way to kings landing they are freed. So is Edmure and Jeyne Westerling. "Jeyne Westerling" is not the real Jeyne, who is with Robb's child. GreatJon and Edmure March north to join Howland Reed, the Glovers and Manderly.

c) Brienane screamed "Saphires!" which is what got her not hung. They agree to let her lure Jamie into a trap. Jamie rescues her and kills unCat.

d) Robert Strong kills lancel and Loras. Cersei and Maggery are back to stalemate. Sandor returns and kill Strong

e) Jon isnt dead. The person stabbed is notJon just as the person that was burned was notMance. Ghost wouldnt go near Jon. Thats the clue.

f) Danny + Dothraki + Vicron lift the seige of Meeren. Danny, Selmy, the second sons, the Unsullied, the Dragons and Tyrion head west. Ser Jorah is regent of Meeren. Vicron's red priest recognizes Danny as AA and convinces Vic to just shut up and be her master of ships and lord of iron islands. Euron is attainted in absentia.

g) Young Griff is a mummers dragon. possibly Illyrio's son, possibly not. He takes storm's end. he is confronted by a Tyrell army and is stalemated in the stormlands.

H) Howland Reed has Ned's bones. He finally intervenes, taking the dreadfort by stealth. Jon and Stannis willingly switch places. The kings men rebel and are killed. The queens men take the black. Davos becomes master of ships of the north.

I) Many more Freys die. not all, but many many more. Nobody cries. Old Frey finally becomes the late lord Frey. His children and grandchildren fight each other over inheritance

J) The Boltons, many Freys, Cersie, Jamie, Mace Tyrell survive till book 7 so we still have people to hate.

K) Sansa kills LF soon after her wedding by pushing him off of something tall. this has been forshadowed both by her attempt on Joffery and his murder of Lysa Tulley.

L) Tywin Lanister's lost brother returns to take control of the Rock

Thats my story for now

What follows is as much wishful thinking as speculation by a reader who, er, has yet to finish ADWD. Basically, I thought I'd compile every TWOW idea on the northern storylines that I enjoy and see if the result makes any sense whatsoever, lol. Here goes nothing!

For the obligatory doomed prologue character, I'd like to see Bowen Marsh. Mainly because I've got a lot of questions about his motivations for assassinating Jon in the manner he does and who, besides the actual killers, are involved in the theorized conspiracy that I can't figure out how to get answers to unless his head's cracked open in a POV. He can give an immediate reaction to the likely bloodbath that ensues at Castle Black after Jon's knifed. Another poster suggested that Marsh ends up locked in an ice cell, awaiting what he hopes will be the judgment of a new Lord Commander favorably inclined to his traditionalist views. More time passes than he expects, weeks even. Then, one day, he's dragged out to face his fate, which is to be decided by a man he never expected to see again, at least alive--Jon Snow! Dialogue is exchanged, and Longclaw goes snicker-snack!

My personal preferences for Jon are a healing from grievous wounds or a clinical death followed by resuscitation. Melisandre can handle this part but, as I do believe Jon's mind is in Ghost, I figure Jon will need help from Bran and/or Bloodraven to return to his comatose body. I could honestly do without whole chapters of Jon warging into Ghost, so I think it an elegant solution to introduce an unsurprisingly revived Jon in the prologue, then reveal the how of his survival slowly over the course of his next chapters as well as Melisandre and Bran's.

Jon returns more open to both the magic of the old gods--in the form of his skinchanging talents plus a line of communication with Bran, new master of the weirwood intelligence network, via Mormont's raven--and the red god, as done by Melisandre, specifically her abilities to foresee the future and heal. While Jon retains command of a much decimated NW because his political opponents are ruined in the aftermath of his assassination and continues to hold to his vows, he's pretty much king of the wildlings, too. I want to see Jon try to incorporate the Weeper's forces into the Wall's defenses. Also, I expect he'll be really bloody-minded about rooting out and punishing treachery yet, at the same time, a little more accommodating with his naysayers. Who include Alliser Thorne again, returned from his ranging and grudgingly accepting of Jon's wildling policies in light of his experiences beyond the Wall. The Hardhome expedition goes forward and succeeds against all odds though Jon doesn't lead the ranging.

Meanwhile, at Winterfell, the weather lets up, and Stannis decamps to the Dreadfort after revealing the Boltons as lying liars with their Arya deception, winning the support of the northmen and possibly burning Arnolf Karstark for his treachery. Manderly turns on the Freys in an engagement with Crowfood Umber, strikes a bargain with Stannis (Rickon!), and returns to Winterfell with fake!Lightbringer, an assortment of generic frozen heads, and a bunch of Stannis's men dressed as Freys, claiming Stannis is dead. Satisfied the threat of Stannis is neutralized, Roose Bolton also sets off for the Dreadfort, chastising Ramsay but leaving him in command of Winterfell with orders to find Jeyne Poole immediately. Only one of the spearwives, Frenya, was captured, and Ramsay tortures her for the information he sends in the Pink Letter. Abel and his remaining washerwomen are hiding in the crypts, occasionally sneaking out to murder random Bolton soldiers for atmosphere.

Finally, Ramsay gets so desperate, he decides to march on the Wall, where he believes Reek and his bride are, having never received a reply from Jon. Ramsay's forces are spotted by Melisandre or Bran, who notifies Jon. In turn, Jon can use his pre-assassination strategy of a guerrilla campaign on Ramsay's line of march, engaging the Boltons around the vicinity of Long Lake with wildling raiders. Then I can have my much desired bastard vs. bastard, Ghost vs. Ramsay's dogs throwdown on the kingsroad, lol.

Ramsay's a goner, of course, and so is his father, who winds up in a surprise battle with a very much alive Stannis on the way to the Dreadfort. Treachery abounds in Bolton's ranks. In a case of impeccable timing, Davos arrives at the Wall from Skagos with Rickon, Shaggydog, and Osha in tow. Asha and Theon return to the Iron Islands to challenge the kingsmoot in Euron's absence with the help of Aeron and the Reader; Stannis lets them go on the condition that, should they succeed, they swear fealty to him.

Everything seems to be going swimmingly for Stannis... Until two Riverrun men show up ostensibly to take the black but really to serve Jon notice that he's been named heir to Winterfell, the North, and the Riverlands by Robb's will to the exclusion of all his half-siblings. Maege Mormont and Galbart Glover (with or without Howland Reed, lol) emerge from the Neck to confirm Jon's claim, which is also supported by the Blackfish and, hilariously, Lady Stoneheart and the Brotherhood Without Banners, now in control of Riverrun and environs. Jon refuses, naturally, but can't stop people from looking to him for military and political leadership, particularly as Rickon, otherwise a bit of a wild child, defers to him as well. Throw in Littlefinger, Sansa, and the Vale to make a big (but not too big!) mess of the northern succession that results in Stannis grinding his teeth a lot, lol.

Stannis and Jon's pseudo-friendship of mutual respect starts degrading. Despite the fact that Jon continues to defer to Stannis, the king notes that, with the addition of the wildlings to the NW, Jon actually commands one of the larger armies in the North and the best suited to winter combat, that some of the northern lords seek Jon first for decisions that should by right be his, etc. Jon realizes there's friction between him and Stannis but is willing to overlook it because he can better gather support for the Wall from the North by obliquely pulling on his influence as de facto regent. And the Wall needs all the help it can get 'cause the Others are (finally) attacking! Only probing for weaknesses, sure, but still hard for living men to meet time and time again. There ought to be ice spiders!

Jon can't really see a way to hold out indefinitely against the Others. However, he remembers Qhorin Halfhand's words to the Old Bear: "We can only die. Why else do we don these black cloaks, but to die in defense of the realm? ... Our dying will buy time... Our lives will be coin well spent." Jon intends to see the fight through while holding everybody else, by whatever means necessary, to the same task.

In the end, Stannis withdraws to the Nightfort to brood on the unfairness of it all, lol, accompanied by Melisandre, who's stubbornly resisting all the mounting evidence contrary to the idea that Stannis is AAR. She tries one last time to fulfill her prophecies and undoes the Wall's magical protections to predictable consequences, maybe killing Stannis in the process. TWOW ends.

... I feel ridiculous. And am never participating in another of these prediction threads. :laugh:

This thread is way too long to read it all this late after the book's release. I've been doing some notes reading today and here's what I've come up with (in no particular order, I just tried to make a geographical placement):

1. Vary's Conspiracy:

"There are many like you, good men in service to bad causes...but you were threatening to undo all the queen's good work,..."

"Doubt, division, and mistrust will eat the very ground beneath your boy king, whilst Aegeon raises his banner above Storm's End and the lords of the realm gather round him."

I probably won't have invented the wheel here. So please don't shoot me. But I somehow believe that Jagen H'ghar wasn't placed in King's Landing just to prelude his meeting with Arya later on in the story. He was a Faceless Man contracted to assassinate a target in King's Landing, namely Ned Stark for Varys. Why else would he be there? Cersei insists she instructed Joffrey to have Ned Stark sent to the Wall, yet he decided to have him executed. Varys even put on a show by making a point everyone saw him scolding the boy, trying to save Ned. He never intended for Ned to be saved, he wanted him dead to trigger the War of the Five Kings. So that he could break up the Seven Kingdoms and make way for his true King, Aegon. Yet, Aegon was young, and needed both time to prepare AND grow older, so Varys had to come up with elaborate schemes that would buy him time. Kevan Lannister died exactly the same way and to the same cause. He was keeping Cersei at bay, and Varys wants her to go batshit.

I have to assume that the base of all conspiracies and actions and events is Varys pulling strings so that Aegon can be King. Well, I don't have to, its just the theory I have grown fondest of. So where does it go in Winds of Winter? With Kevan dead, noone's there to restrain Cersei. She has her Gregorzombie kill of some of the Tyrell's, which drop their support of the Lannisters and promptly take over King's Landing, sending Cersei to Casterly Rock in exile. Tommen remains in the city, so that Maergery can have her throne. So that's Lannisters vs. Tyrells now.

Aegon storms Storm's End, conquers it and makes it his base in his war against King Tommen. By now, everyone from North to South to East to West has heard of Aegon and his claim and the High Lords take their places: Dorne sides with Aegon, considering he is Doran's nephew and makes a claim against Tommen, thus against the Tyrells. The Seven Kingdoms have started breaking down already. So now its Lannisters vs. Tyrells vs. Aegon+ Martells.

Littlefinger takes wind of the changing situation and has Alyanne wed Harry the Heir. She's a pretty girl, expert in Lady-training, so it shoulnd't take her longer than a couple of pages to make a loveslave out of Harry. Meanwhile, Sweetrobin has an unfortunate smelting accident and perishes from this world, a fate sweeter than his usual sour self. So the Young Falcon and his suddenly all Lady Sansa Stark, heir to Winterfell are announced to the world. Jamie and Brienne are witnesses to their wedding, with Jamie realizing that his family's house is royally fucked, and him hurrying back to King's Landing to at least attempt to save Tommen's life. Brienne, having finally found Sansa, insists on realizing her oath to Catelyn Stark, and swears protector to Sansa, founding her Queensguard.

This results in the Houses of the North to drop Bolton in his socks and run to their little Lady, a Queen of the North, with the armies of the Vale and the Northmen backing her up. That includes Manderly and his hidden fleet, who bends the knee for Sansa, whilst waiting for Davos to find Rickon. His hidden fleet will take the Vale's army to the North in about two weeks time, to support in reclaiming Winterfell.

With the North sorted and the South in flames, Aegon marches against King's Landing and Tommen, takes it over and claims the Iron Throne for himself. Tommen is exiled in Casterly Rock to join his mother. Jamie remains Commander of the Kingsguard though, and has to remain in the city, swear his sword to Aegon and let history repeat itself.

Meanwhile, Varys soils his smallcloth with joy that his yearslong conspiracy was successful, and now has nothing else to do than protect Aegon and his rule. The new powers that fight each other now are: Targaryens+ Martells+ all the Houses under the Riverlands vs. the Starks and the Arryns and all the Houses of the North. Euron is utterly unimportant now. Sansa must bend the knee to Aegon if she wants to avoid a massive war.

Now that's the main plot done.

2. The outmost North:

We got the Game of Thrones sorted, now lets sort out the rest as well. The rest, which will result in unbalancing the situation as it has been created in the South, resulting in war again. The Red Priests of Rhollor are placed on this world to save Men from the Others. Yes, and everything they do, they do to place their armies in position to fight against the Others. Yes, definitely. Melisandre brings Stannis to the Wall. Morroqo brings Victarion to Dany with a tool to subdue dragons, but we'll speak about that in a bit.

Now, things we know are happening in the North: Asha + Party find Theon and Jayne. We must assume they are being brought back to the camp and before Stannis, who finds out about the Arya plot. With Jayne, the Iron Bank emissary also presents himself to Stannis, who refuses to take on Cersei's dept naturally. The Emissary promptly leaves, gets in touch with the Faceless Men and sets a contract on Cersei's head. The real Arya is sent to execute the contract, as a final proof that she is now a Faceless Man and not Arya Stark. Don't ask me how this will be proof, as she wants Cersei dead anyway, it just feels right.

Since we don't need both Asha and Theon in the same place or both alive, Theon dies a valliant sword-in-hand death to redeem for all his shames and sins, by returning to Winterfell to inform Manderly of the situation with both Arya and Sansa. Manderly, being all badass, takes all the Northern Lords to his side, and slays ALL present Freys and ALL present Boltons, and opens up the castle to Stannis to buy time till Sansa's army arrives. I'm a bit torn here, whether Sansa actually claims the throne of the North or just bends for Stannis and lets him sort out the mess in King's Landing. Depending on what she decides to do, goes the story henceforth, but the Northmen all declare for Sansa as their Overlord at least.Ramsay Bolton has a fit when he realizes his reign of terror is short lived and murders his father in a horrible way: he flays him and has his girls eat what's left of him. However, Ramsay himself dies in a fight with Theon. No matter what, Ramsay does not survive the next book.

At the Wall: Jon dies, though Melisandre resurrects him (doh). Though while he is dead, all Hell breaks lose and the Brothers throw Lady Beard to the wildlings, where she dies a horrible death. Stupid cow forgot how Jon was her safety net. Toramund finds the missing wildlings and brings them all back south of the Wall. The Brothers realize what the plan of Jon had been, once the Others start taking out the crows one by one in sneak attacks. So they make friends with the wildlings, manning the wall. With Melisandre's aid by their side and her strategic skills, they manage to prepare intime to be ready for the massive end-game showdown. Or, as ready as can be, in any case.

Jon, having died a death, is now free to return to Winterfell and help his half sister make her claim. It is undecided whether Sansa makes Queen of the North, and in time legalizes Jon as a Stark or not, but at this point it is unimportant. Meanwhile, Lady Mormont and Ser Glovert arrive at Howland Reed with Robb's letter in hand. Reed reads the letter, and promptly hurries off to Winterfell, to uphold the last words Ned Stark told Jon: to reveal his true lineage to him. As I am undecided towards who it is, I will not even assume to suggest anyone, though I'd love him to be the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna. Corny, I know, but who cares.

In any event, Winterfell is returned to the Starks, as they are the rightful heirs of it and Stannis abides to laws. All Northmen except for the now extinct Boltons and the nearly extinct Freys swear to Winterfell and amass near it.

3. The East

Daenerys is nurtured back to full health by Jhaqo. His khalasaar decides that she's stronger than Jhaqo, dragons and all, and assume her for their khaleesi once more. Meanwhile, Selmy alongside Grey Worm with his Unsullied and the Shavepate alongside with Brazen Beasts defend Meereen from the Yunkish. Hizdar is in custory, the dragons fly wildly across the skies and the Harpies murder away. The Dornishmen manage to free the last few hostages with the help of Jorah and Tyrion. As they see a window of opportunity, and Tyrion knowing that the tide will turn, he convinces Plumm to switch sides again and side with Daenerys. Selmy, however, not trusting Plumm, has him chained till Dany places her judgement upon him when she returns.

Dany, with her new khalasaar and her dragon/s returns to Meereen, defeats the Yunkish completely devastating them and burns down their city with Drogon, extincting them in a Varyria style fashion. She deals with the harpies by threatening to execute a hostage per hour till the Nobles of Meereen give up the Harpies leader and members. She actually takes on her threats, and starts with her two little cupbearers. The Nobles, in terror, give up Hizdar and his assassins, and Dany has him executed. That was her betrayal for coin. Hizdar wanted her gone so he could profit from the slave market and the pits.

Dany also accepts the Second Sons back into her service, with the term of taking out Ben Plumm. His death will clear the stain of their turning cloacks. It will also make Tyrion extremely happy, since he no longer will have to pay Plumm a fortune. She forgives Jorah and takes him back into her service, and places Tyrion as her Hand, after he proves his wits to her by some memorable fashion (don't ask what exactly, I'm not the author).

So Dany now has: 1 dragon, with 2 more riding around with undetermined fates, the city of Meereen with its army and fleet, the Unsullied, the Brazen Beasts, a new khalasaar of 20 thousand riders, the Second Sons and her freedom. She also has a Queensguard she trusts and a Hand who is cunning. She begins planting her olive trees and starts pondering the idea of moving on Westeros. In any case, she has kept her promise to the Meereenese to help them back on their feet again in a human rights activistic sorts of way.

Elsewhere, Victarion floats around Meereen harbour with his charcoil arm, his red priest and his dragon horn. He presents himself and his gigantic fleet to Dany, promising her safe passage to Westeros AND the dragon horn, should she marry him. Dany oblidges of course and prepares for the crossing.

To summarize 1, 2, 3: Aegon holds the Iron Throne with all the forces from the South to under the Riverlands. Sansa/Jon and/or Stannis hold the North from just south of the Wall till north of the Riverlands. Dany is ready to cross the waters with all her forces. And that is when all hell breaks loose. Waves and waves of Others come flowing against the Wall, seeking to destroy the world. Bran the Tree alerts all available forces of the world with his extensive network of ravens, which leaves us with everyone gathering up at the Wall to fight against the Others, and that includes the now crossed Dany, her husband and their gigantic army and dragons.

The last book simply deals with the aftermath of the gigantic fight at the Wall, where all armies of Westeros and the East unite to fight against a common foe.

As an afterward, if there are inconsistencies in my wall of text, I honestly don't care. I am happy with what I have come up with, and this is enough to keep me going till the next book comes out.

Here's a theory for TWoW I'll add to the mix:

First I believe (and it feels like a minority position) that Jon will live on as, well, himself, with a little help from Melisandre so that his wounds are not fatal. This will get her in his good graces, but he will be in no position to march south to save Arya and battle Ramsay.

At which point Melisandre will proposition Jon to help her create a shadowbaby which she will send to assasinate Ramsay. Jon will probably refuse though.

My Predictions:

King's Landing and the South

I think the maester of High Hermitage (if there is one) will be the Prologue POV. We'll see Darkstar fight Swann and Obara, but Darkstar escapes with the maester's help. In her anger Obara will kill the maester.

With Kevan dead, Mace Tyrell moves to take power. After his daughter's trial and subsequent exoneration he declares himself both Hand and Regent. Cersei has her trial, Strong vs. the leader of the Warrior's Sons. Strong wins with ease. After her trial Mace forces her from King's Landing. She is granted Robert Strong as a protector, but Qyburn stays behind, as her informant.

Connington and Aegon conquer Storm's End, and from there they send word to Dorne requesting aid. Connington goes around the Storm Lands in an attempt to build an army. Upon recieving the letter, Arianne is inclined to send aid immediately, but Doran wishes to wait for word from Quentyn, first. Word comes that Darkstar has escaped, but that Swann and Obara are pursuing him.

Nym and Tyene make it to King's Landing just as Cersei leaves. They go their seperate ways in order to perform their assigned tasks. Word reaches King's Landing that Storm's End has fallen, and Mace Tyrell sets out to retake it. Word also comes that Highgarden is besieged by Euron. Tarly sets out to aid Redwyne. With both Tyrell and Tarly gone, Nym begins to cause trouble.

In the Riverlands Brienne tries to lead Jaime to Stoneheart, but Jaime informs her that he knows that she's been lying to him. In the night they are taken unawares by the Blackfish. Rather than killing them, though, he offers Jaime one last chance at redemption: go to the Vale and investigate a girl that sounds an awful lot like Sansa. The Blackfish tells them that he will deal with Stoneheart. They all agree.

In the Vale Littlefinger learns of Aegon's arrival. He does nothing at first, instead focusing on Harry the Heir and Sansa.

Cersei makes it back to Casterly Rock and immediately begins preparations for winning back her son and Regency. Qyburn tells her that a man matching Jaime's description has been seen heading towards the Vale. Cersei decides to send Robert Strong to go retrieve him.

At Storm's End Mace Tyrell continues his siege until a small army under the command of Connington arrives to break the siege. Tyrell is killed. Using this opportunity, Aegon and Connington offer Tarly the title of Lord Paramount of the Reach should he join them. Tarly accepts.

In Oldtown Sam begins to forge his chain. He is a very quick study and, with the Sphinx's help, after only a short time comes close to completing his chain. A raven, however, arrives from the Wall detailing Jon's assassination. Sam decides to go as soon as his chain is complete, and the Sphinx decides to accompany him. What Jaqen will do eludes me.

Highgarden falls without Tarly's help and House Tyrell is laid low. In King's Landing the High Septon pushes for Lancel to be named Regent. The remaining council members do just that. The Faith pledges to aid Tommen against Aegon.

Littlefinger learns of Aegon's victory over Mace Tyrell and offers Aegon the Vale and Riverlands, if he'll agree to name Littlefinger his Hand and marry Sansa, thereby gaining the North as well. They hold out for a time until word arrives that Daenerys has married another. They agree to the union. Harry the Heir makes a fuss and Littlefinger gets Sansa to kill him discreetly, making it seem as if she were defending Sweetrobin from him.

Sam becomes a maester and flees the Citadel with Pate and Alleras in tow. They head North.

Braavos and Meereen

Arya continues her training and service. She passes through the next few stages with relative ease. On the eve of her initiation as a true Faceless Man, she has a wolf dream of Nymeria, and learns that Jon is in grave danger. She decides to leave, choosing family over her vendetta.

The siege of Meereen has resumed and battle appears to be on the horizon. Barristan has recieved no word yet from Arcibald and Drink. On the eve of battle the Dornishmen return with the hostages and word that the Windblown will side with them in the upcoming battle. With that promise Barristan rallies the army.

Tyrion witnesses the betrayal of the Tattered Prince, but keeps it to himself. As the Second Sons prepare for battle Tyrion decides to propose another switch of sides. Most of his fellow sellswords laugh at the idea, but he informs them of the Tattered Prince's plan. Ultimately he fails to win them over, but it's clear that, should the battle turn ill for the Yunkish, they have another option other than defeat.

The battle begins. Barristan and his armies put up a strong fight but they are forced back to the city walls. As their end seems two other forces descend upon the city: the Iron Fleet and Khal Jhaqo's khalassar. In the sky a great shadow appears: Dany atop Drogon. Their spirits high once more Barristan and his army break through the lines of Yunkai. The Windblown turn on their employers, as do the Second Sons. The battle is quickly won. Dany calls a great council of her captains, including Victarion and Jhaqo. Tyrion comes in Brown Ben's place, as Plumm was killed by Barristan during the battle.

After hearing their numerous tales, including Victarion's about the approaching Volantene fleet, she decides to go to Westeros. She leaves the Shavepate to govern Meereen, and his first act is to order the execution of Hizdahr. Before Dany can depart, she has confrontations with Victarion and Tyrion. She, with the help of Moqorro, convinces Victarion to join her. Dany refuses to see Tyrion, but before he leaves he tells Barristan about Aegon. Selmy tells Dany this, and she ponders the matter for awhile, realizing that he must be the Mummer's Dragon.

Dany's enormous army departs. The Iron Fleet has swelled to an enormous size with the addition of the fleets of New Ghis, Yunkai, and Qarth. Her infantry rides aboard the ships while her cavalry, including Barristan, Jhaqo, and the khalaasars go through the Dothraki sea. They all make for Pentos.

Dany eventually speaks to Tyrion about her dragons and the two form an uneasy alliance. Victarion and much of his fleet attack the Volantenes, taking most of them, while the other ships, led by Dany, head through the smoking sea.

Barristan encounters Marwyn and gains his friendship on the journey. Eventually, after sacking Pentos, Dany's armies come together once more and sail for Westeros.

The North, the Iron Islands, the Wall, and Beyond

Bran continues his path towards becoming a Greenseer, and manages to make contact with Ghost. Jojen steadily grows weaker. More information about the Others and the previous Long Night is conveyed. The Reeds decide to depart, and Bran sends Hodor and Summer with them, for protection. Bran wargs into Hodor and Summer as the journey continues, in order to keep an eye on them. The small group is ambushed by wights and a group of Others. Coldhands arrives to help them and reveals his identity as a dead Benjen Stark. He and Summer's pack try to hold the Others at bay so that Hodor, Jojen and Meera can escape, but to no avail. Most of the wolves are killed and Benjen is ripped to shreds. Hodor is the next to fall. Meera also intends to fight, but Jojen informs her this is his day to die, not hers. She gets on Summer's back and they race back towards Bran.

I'm hoping Jon stays "dead" for the book, and that Melisndre flees Castle Black with Ghost and Mormont's Raven in tow to go find Stannis, while Jon's body is kept at the Nightfort by Selyse.

I doubt Stannis is dead. I do think it's possible he fought a battle and lost, his sword taken in the process, and that he was forced to retreat to a more defensible position. Meanwhile, Davos has probably made it to Skagos, found Rickon, and after some difficulties has convinced the Skagosi to join their cause to Stannis. Stannis also strikes a deal with the Iron Bank, cementing an alliance as well as a line of credit.

Stannis plots with Theon and Asha, offering them control of the Iron Islands in exchange for vows of loyalty. They agree. Meanwhile, back on the islands, Aeron's attempts of raising a rebellion aren't going so well until he learns that Theon is alive. With that knowledge he's able to declare the Kingsmoot invalid, and with newfound support sends Euron a letter telling him his Kinghood is in dispute.

As Stannis sits, licking his wounds, some crannogmen arrive with Mormont on their way to the Wall to inform Jon that he's been named King in the North. Stannis delays them awhile, until Mel shows up and informs them all of Jon's assassination. This stuns them all.

Bolton prepares for another assault on the forces of Stannis, but Davos arrives with Rickon. During a parlay Stannis reveals Rickon and Bolton's bannermen turn on him and secure Winterfell for Stannis and Rickon.

After Stannis takes Winterfell Melisandre decides to go to Greywater Watch with the crannogmen because she has a vision of Howland Reed and decides he knows things of potential importance for the upcoming war.

To be frank, I think it would be good to not have a POV character at the Wall until, say, the Epilogue when Aliser Thorne arrives just in time to tell them that the Others are coming, only to find the Watch in ruins. The Others then destroy the Wall near Castle Black and begin to flood the North.

Things I am certain will happen in WoW...

1. A lot of descriptions of food, sex, puss, bloody stool, and wine.

2. A lot of nibbling on figs.

3. A lot of bread still hot from the ovens.

Things I feel must happen but I am sure will not since nothing is ever certain with GRRM (in a very good way):

1. Dany has to leave Mereen and head out to Westeros by the end of the book. Hopefully by the middle of the book. Which means she overtakes or comes to a union with Khal Joquo's tribe (which would be her men on horses who she needs according to Selmy), gathers her foot soldiers (Unsullied and sellswords), develops her fleet (Victarion's ships and whatever they take from the enemies), trains her dragons (Tyrion), and meets the Maester of Oldtown (Merwyn?).

2. The Others must overtake the Wall and invade Westeros and put the entire realm on the defensive and make them aware the Others actually do exist.

3. Sansa has to come out and claim Winterfell and the North somehow.

4. Davos needs to return Rickon to Winterfell somehow.

5. Arya has to complete her training or abandon it and return to Westeros to kill people.

6. Cersei needs to become powerful again and return to being a moronic/paranoid leader as she was in AFFC.

7. Aegon needs to somehow take Storms End and start gathering allies and prove his worth.

8. Wow. I can't even keep up with all that needs to happen. Stannis, Catelyn, Jaime, Brienne, Jon Snow, Melisandre, Iron Bank, etc., etc.

6. Cersei needs to become powerful again and return to being a moronic/paranoid leader as she was in AFFC.

7. Aegon needs to somehow take Storms End and start gathering allies and prove his worth.

Hmm I was nodding along up until #6 and 7. I think Cersei's done for and I could as easily see Aegon dying prematurely as taking Storms End and becoming a force in the War.

Things I am certain will happen in WoW...

1. A lot of descriptions of food, sex, puss, bloody stool, and wine.

2. A lot of nibbling on figs.

3. A lot of bread still hot from the ovens.

It wouldn't be a Martin book if they didn't happen.

1. Dany has to leave Mereen and head out to Westeros by the end of the book. Hopefully by the middle of the book. Which means she overtakes or comes to a union with Khal Joquo's tribe (which would be her men on horses who she needs according to Selmy), gathers her foot soldiers (Unsullied and sellswords), develops her fleet (Victarion's ships and whatever they take from the enemies), trains her dragons (Tyrion), and meets the Maester of Oldtown (Merwyn?).

She'll do that by the end of the book, and her forces will be exactly as you describe. She will be a Deus Ex Machina, to save Westeros from the Others. Her surfice will be at the Wall, having her dragons spit fire on the Zombies, killing human forces and Zombies alike. Should she survive, she will rule with her husband/nephew whatever is left of the world.

2. The Others must overtake the Wall and invade Westeros and put the entire realm on the defensive and make them aware the Others actually do exist.

Should happen, definitely, near the end of the book.

3. Sansa has to come out and claim Winterfell and the North somehow.

Should the world as we know it not fall apart, we know exactly how this will happen: she marries the Young Falcon and makes her claim. Stannis will allow her to get Winterfell. Tyrion has died a death though, which is sad, but true.

4. Davos needs to return Rickon to Winterfell somehow.

Rickon will be returned to White Harbor and used as a chyvasse piece by Lord Pie, and not to Winterfell.

5. Arya has to complete her training or abandon it and return to Westeros to kill people.

There is no time for her to complete her training, if Martin wants her to be any part of the remaining story. Something will trigger her to drop her training. What I am not certain of is whether the FM will approve or will have assassins to track her down and murder her for her defiance. If she leaves on good terms, it'll be to assassinate Cersei for her debts to the Iron Bank.

From her new base in Casterly Rock though. She will definitely find herself in a position of power, it can happen no other way. This will allow things to evolve into complete chaos around King's Landing powerbase, so that Aegon can rise and shine.

Aegon has been trained to become a benevolent ruler all his life. His taking over the army to storm Storms End is his chance to indeed prove his worth to anyone, without a doubt. So, even if anyone dares to question his claim as a Targaryen, he may still conquer King's Landing by the right of conquest. Martin would not bother creating this depthful character just to kill him a few chapters later (LOL). The end of WOW will have him sitting the Iron Throne, because things need to settle down in Kings Landing so that there's time to send forces up to the Wall for the ultimate showdown with the Zombies.

8. Wow. I can't even keep up with all that needs to happen. Stannis, Catelyn, Jaime, Brienne, Jon Snow, Melisandre, Iron Bank, etc., etc.

Stannis' fate depends on many things. It'll probably be the last thing decided, since tons of plotlines need to occur before a reasonable outcome arises for him. If Aegon sits the Iron Throne, Stannis will bend the knee, since Aegon's claim is better, and Stannis is lawful neutral. If Sansa returns to Winterfell and Littlefinger decides to have her play Queen of the North, Stannis will need to fight her. He will also need to get rid of Euron. The Iron Thronel, for Stannis, is the entire 7K, so anything less will not be acceptable. All this, provided Ramsay was lying (90% he was) and he's still alive.

Zombiecate will spend her days killing Lannisters, Freys and Boltons, but mainly Freys, till she finds out her kids are alive. Then she will either die a real death, or she will hurry back to Winterfell to be with her kids- which is all she ever wanted anyway.

Jamie and Brienne will go to the Vale, and not to Zombiecate. There, Brienne will find Sansa and stick with her to honor her oath, and Jamie will hurry back to Kings Landing to re-assume his role as the Kingsguard. He certainly cannot have an important role in the storyline, not after having turned lawful neutral, anymore. I see him turning all Selmy if anything. She may still have room for a twist in her story, but I'm not sure what will happen there.

Jon dies, gets rezzed by Melisandre, and then he can go two ways: either keep his claim as Lord Commander and prepare the showdown with the Others in his own pace, or, free of his oath by his death (which is a genious move to be honest, hats off to the bearded man) hurry down to Winterfell and get his family stuff sorted. Robb's letter is either giving him Winterfell (Robb was thinking his male siblings dead, Arya gone and Sansa married to the Imp), or explaining his lineage to him, OR, explaining his lineage to him which would somehow allow him to have a true claim on Winterfell, thus, Jon NOT being a bastard. In which case, Sansa remains satisfied with the Vale. IF he gets Winterfell, he gathers the wildlings around him, marries Val, houses Melisandre as a consultant (without taking over her faith though), and prepares for the Zombie invasion.

Once you have seen the light, everything falls into place and it all becomes crystalclear.

Archived