Football: A Feast for Forwards

MercenaryChef

Quite attractive attacking force for Chelsea, now, if all goes accordingly. Guess they've seen what United are doing and want to keep up. Wonder if they'll go with something like:

Mikel-Ramires

Lampard-Modric-Mata

Torres

Hmm. Drogba, Lukaku and Sturridge are great options as back-up, as well.

What an utterly shit first half of football.

Kuyt is having a horrid time, as is Arshavin.

Carroll seems uninterested, and got a completely needless yellow card.

Enrique and Downing are looking good, Henderson looks completely unnoticeable, and Adam is slow, so slow. Like nearly all the other Liverpool players. Our lack of pace is so blatant. Nasri easily outjogs Lucas with the ball.

We really, really need Suarez on.

To be fair, they've had really shit luck coupled with a couple of stupid (albeit correct) suspensions.

That was a thoroughly undeserved victory. If there ever was a game that deserved to end 0-0, that was it.

With the way we're trying to play, you have to think Meireles and Aquilani are better suited than Henderson and Kuyt. Henderson and Kuyt can be players to bring in off the bench if you want to protect a two-goal lead, or maybe play them against Stoke or something. Not sure why Kenny seems hell bent on not giving Aquaman a chance.

Oh well. Now to try and stay away from the rest of the results, so MOTD will be fun tonight.

To be fair, Heskey is 33 now. I wouldn't have minded him at my club a decade ago. ;) Samaras is more than welcome, as well, if he ever becomes consistent and doesn't just save himself for a handful of games per. season.

I was rather worried that the U-20 Final would be quite boring. Turned out to be better than I expected. Portugal has been boring to watch all tournament, and I was secretly hoping that Mexico made it to the finals, because they're rather fun to watch. But it turned out all right. Portugal came out of their shell a wee bit.

Good match, and a hat trick! Bonito!

Archived