Football: A Feast for Forwards

MercenaryChef

Yeah I'm torn about that one. Emerton is one of the main reasons why I've held on as a Rovers fan for so long and it's sad to see him go (especially to SFC of all teams!). On the other hand, it will be great to see a player of Emo's quality in the A-League next season and I agree that this could be a turning point for the league with Kewell also signing on for Victory.

Very worried about Rovers though. This is looking like our season to bow out of the EPL if things don't change in a hurry :worried:.

Would that have even been on the telly? I was my understanding that UEFA strictly forbids domestic matches from being shown at the same time as European matches.

It was on SkySports1.

The team is such a different entity with and without Suarez. With Suarez on, we constantly look on the verge of creating goals. Without him, we look completely devoid of creativity. It's becoming a concern. Henderson looked a bit sharper, but we were playing Exeter (who admittedly acquitted themselves well).

And we saw another example of Carroll's deadly left foot. He is more than a header of the ball.

The team is such a different entity with and without Suarez. With Suarez on, we constantly look on the verge of creating goals. Without him, we look completely devoid of creativity. It's becoming a concern. Henderson looked a bit sharper, but we were playing Exeter (who admittedly acquitted themselves well).

And we saw another example of Carroll's deadly left foot. He is more than a header of the ball.

We do look a far better team with Suarez playing (I was quite surprised he wasn't rested last night actually) but to be fair in terms of creativity Downing has been good so far so hopefully he can start to have more of an influence and when Gerrard's fit that should improve the situation a bit as well.

On Carroll I don't think there was ever any question that he's effective when given chances in and around the box, I'm starting to become increasingly concerned with his apparent complete lack of mobility though.

New QPR owner has said that their fans have been charged too much of late (40% ticket price rise, anyone?) and that he's lowering costs and refunding season ticket owners the difference. Nice touch. :thumbsup:

ETA: Also, personally delighted to hear Kelvin Wilson, Beram Kayal, Gary Hooper and Charlie Mulgrew are included in the Celtic squad for tonight's game. :smileysex:

I have no idea what's happening in the Champions League draw. What smartass came up with the format for it?

I have no idea either. I'm just following the result of the draw because I fear for my sanity if I were to expose myself to the full, unfiltered crazyness of UEFA's marketing experts.

ETA:

Group A

Bayern

Villareal

Manchester City

Napoli

Group B

Inter

CSKA Moscow

Lille

Trabzonspor

Group C

Manchester United

Benfica

Basel

Galati

Group D

Real Madrid

Olympique Lyon

Ajax

Dinamo Zagreb

Group E

Chelsea

Valencia

Leverkusen

Genk

Group F

Arsenal

Marseille

Olympiakos

Dortmund

Group G

Porto

Donezk

Zenit St. Petersburg

APOEL Nikosia

Group H

Barcelona

Milan

BATE Borisov

Viktoria Pilsen

ETA: Haha, beat to it.

I didn't have anything better to do, apparently.:leaving:

Anyway, group A is my pick of the round.

Yeah, that looks interesting. F could be close, but definitely doable for Dortmund (I have to admit, I really want to see them play Barcelona at some point; that could be an awesome game, provided Dortmund can keep up the form of the past year).

UEFA Best player in Europe award. Seems a bit redundant. Were they worried that a non-UEFA player might win the Ballon d'Or someday? I don't see that happening. But I doubt Messi hates having one extra trophy to clutter up his place.

Messi is an 'UEFA player'? (I don't quite understand your point.)

What's the need for another award. It's not like a non-UEFA player will ever win the Ballon d'Or. It just seems redundant. We all know which confederation is the best. Just seems like another opportunity to pat themselves on the back to me.

Fergie will now speak to the BBC.

"The issues have been resolved to the satisfaction of both parties.

"Sir Alex will now make himself available to the BBC for Match of the Day, Radio 5 live and other outlets as agreed.

"No further comment will be made by either party on this issue."

I hope the MOTD commentator for the Man U - Arsenal game on Sunday asks to speak to Mike Phelan instead.

Majstorovic is a bomb-scare, it is known. It was going to be either he or Samaras that broke our hearts.

Still, need one goal and we're through. Sion are an average side, so I still fancy us to score. Worried we might concede another, though.

Archived