Kat

Want to have an avatar/user pic? Read this thread.

Okay, at first I tried to no avail to upload any picture or drawing. Then I posted a few more posts, and it let me upload an actual photo of myself. So I deleted that photo and tried uploading a drawing, and learned that we're limited to 50k. I have one suitable drawing that's 50k, but when I upload it, instead of getting the drawing, I get the picture of me. Maybe this is the way of the gods--both the old and the new--to tell me that I really am the Mad King David. :lol:

When I try to upload a new avatar using the "custom" option, it keeps reverting and uploading as my old avatar.....so effectively I can't change pics. It keeps reverting to the first one I put up as permanent default.

EDIT: problem fixed after using Gravatar.

Edited by Hanzo Hasashi

5. Important last step!! Pick an option that isn't #1. You cannot actually upload a photo onto the server, but there is no way to remove this option from the board software. Use one of the other options (linking to a picture with a URL hosted elsewhere, such as Photobucket, or logging into Gravatar).

hmmm... That's funny since I have always used this option and it has seemed to work for me. It usually takes a day or two (I was wrongly assuming some mod needed to approve the avatar) and sometimes I need to sign out and sign in again.

I don't have the option on the "Photo Editor" pop up that allows me to insert an image's URL. Any help? Every other forum I've been to has allowed uploading avatars to the site itself, so I'm a bit confused.

Hello, I'm new to the forum and I think I need some help! :blushing:

I want to upload an avatar but I just can't find the section in the settings.

Do I need to have a certain number of posts before the option appears, or am I just blind?

Hello, I'm new to the forum and I think I need some help! :blushing:

I want to upload an avatar but I just can't find the section in the settings.

Do I need to have a certain number of posts before the option appears, or am I just blind?

I had that same problem. I ended up just making a gravatar account with my email and it worked. I know its annoying signing up for a bunch of accounts and stuff but its just the easiest way. I believe that gravatar is affiliated with google plus, so if you have a youtube account or something similar you can just link your google account when you sign up for gravatar. Not completely sure though, as I used my old "blogger" account to link it.

That's weird... suddenly it works!

I just signed up for gravatar and now the option is there... the option to upload it via gravatar and the normal option.

Help. I don't want to use this avatar, but every time I click on use Gravatar, this avatar show up. I want different avatar, but I can't get option to change it! It default it to my gravatar main picture, which I can't change!

Edited by Lady Winter Rose

I now have my avatar and I used first option, "use a custom photo", which makes first post of this topic outdated!

Edited by Lady Winter Rose

My profile doesn't recognize my Gravatar photo, I keep typing my email and then '"done" but it never works.

Edit: Finally I could change. :)

Edited by Steelborn

Testing to see if my avatar shows up

It doesn't, why is that? I used Gravatar and it showed up on my profile, and I confirmed, then came here to test it, and it was gone. Went back to the profile page, and it was reverted to default again. What gives?

Edited by Madmaxepic