More exercise and fitness.

a wooden chair

Congrats baxus! You gotta feel beastly crushing your PR by 12 mins.

Well, I have been "recovering" for a week. So no running and eating lots of food I had been skipping. French fries, cheeseburgers and milk shakes are so good. :drool: But now I gottaget back on track. I'm going to try to keep a 30 mile base thru the winter. 3 days of 6 miles each and a 12 miler on the weekends. I may cut that back a bit if the weather turns really bad and do stationary bike. I'm looking into "Convict Conditioning" too. I'm still intimidated by free weights. I've always been skinny with skinny little arms and chest. I want to build up some mass before I go into the gym and embarass myself. I know this is all vanity. And I don't have the money to join a Crossfit box but thanks for suggesting it. ;P

I just popped in here to ask if someone could please tell me to take my lazy @ss to the pool today. Faculty swim (that means no 18 year old co-eds who embarrass us oldsters) starts at 12 noon and I've been telling myself that I'm going to go for a week and yet somehow I never manage to do it.

I just popped in here to ask if someone could please tell me to take my lazy @ss to the pool today. Faculty swim (that means no 18 year old co-eds who embarrass us oldsters) starts at 12 noon and I've been telling myself that I'm going to go for a week and yet somehow I never manage to do it.

Pack your swimsuit and towel right now. It'll make it easier to pick up your bag and get your butt out the door when the time comes.

good for you Lady! Have a good swim!

that also reminds me I need to go get a new lock for a locker. I think I need to switch to another gym (my gym has moved machines into every open space there is an there just isn't any space to workout with barbells or whatever anymore), but I before I give up my locker I want to try out the new place. but I can't remember the codes for any of the unused locks I have at home... so... I need a new one. I hate remembering all these damned numbers. I have trouble with my phone number. *sigh*

Congrats, Baxus!

P90X is finished. I did the legs and back on Friday and did another 6 mile walk/hike (Rowan just gets heavier and heavier) on Saturday. I celebrated with my first margarita in a long time on Friday night, and then yesterday I went nuts with the bread. No, I regret nothing.

My metrics don't tell any kind of story at all. I lost like, 1.3 pounds start to finish but with a lot of yo-yo-ing along the way. I haven't lost any pants sizes. I don't need new shirts. I've been able to size down my bra but I'm still wearing my maternity stuff. And before anyone says anything, maternity wear is super comfortable!

If you look at pictures, though, there is a little bit of difference. So I'll go with that.

thanks!

it's nice to see you got some results. even though they aren't all that you were hoping for.

keep up with it and the results will come.

i'll keep my fingers crossed.

congrats Baxus, that's great! sounds like you had a great day!

it was indeed.

it's great when you see all the hard work you've put in pay off.

now all those long runs in 30-degree-weather are worth it!

Congrats baxus! You gotta feel beastly crushing your PR by 12 mins.

i feel on top of the world! (minus titanic and hugging kate winslet) ;)

Well, I have been "recovering" for a week. So no running and eating lots of food I had been skipping. French fries, cheeseburgers and milk shakes are so good. :drool: But now I gottaget back on track. I'm going to try to keep a 30 mile base thru the winter. 3 days of 6 miles each and a 12 miler on the weekends. I may cut that back a bit if the weather turns really bad and do stationary bike. I'm looking into "Convict Conditioning" too. I'm still intimidated by free weights. I've always been skinny with skinny little arms and chest. I want to build up some mass before I go into the gym and embarass myself. I know this is all vanity. And I don't have the money to join a Crossfit box but thanks for suggesting it. ;P

i know that there's "bad food" and stuff like that, but when i'm in training i'd eat anything.

free weights are no reason to be intimidated or embarassed. go to the gym and start with it. it would be best if you had a friend to go with, so you can motivate, help and spot each other. at first concentrate on getting each exercise done properly rather than doing it with a lot of weight. and don't care about other people in the gym, they are there to get their workout done not think about how skinny you are (at least the ones i think of as normal ones are). treat the others as white noise - they are there, they get in your way and there's not a thing you can do about it other than minimize their influence ;)

get your lazy @ss to the pool today! and every day you can!

if i could swim 3 or 4 times a week i wouldn't bother with other sports at all.

unfortunately, in belgrade (population arround 1.5 million) there is a total of 3 50m swimming pools and several 25m ones. some of them are in good condition, some aren't but all are expensive and/or far from my home and all have their best time slots reserved for swimming or water polo clubs.

Congrats baxus! That's awesome.

I aggravated an old shoulder injury recently, and it made me the sloppiest swimmer today. I was fine on freestyle strokes, but on the backstroke I was terrible because my reach was off. It was through sheer will power that I didn't knock into the lane blockers - still I felt sloppy. It's a good thing I'm not a competitive swimmer.

Chataya - Tell me about it! I've been adding extra strength training to my routine over the past year gearing up for that age bracket in an attempt to stave off muscle loss.

thanks!

it's nice to see you got some results. even though they aren't all that you were hoping for.

keep up with it and the results will come.

i'll keep my fingers crossed..

Thanks Baxus.

Chats, it's so true but sometimes, you gotta live a little. I enjoyed my bread yesterday. Today I am back to the diet that is better for me. But damn, that bread was good. Chinese bread, nom nom.

Some perspective, if you can handle disgusting flabbiness -

Day 1: http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s106/Minaku3869/Fitness/IMG_1793.jpg

Day 90: http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s106/Minaku3869/Fitness/IMG_2043.jpg

There's more but I'm scaring myself, so I need to stop. Jesus Christ. Sometimes 30 pounds seems like it's such a mountain to climb.

hey Starkess, can I ask what kinda sports bras you wear? I can't find Freyas in sizes our size (I'm 34B too, they seem to make them only for C cups and bigger) and I've tried a number of other compression bras from stores that sell things for runners and they just don't seem to help that much. so, I'm still on the hunt for a good running bra. who knew this would be so hard? It seems like a lot of people order these things online but I have a hard time with that so I'll do that only as a last resort. I'll try an Enell custom one from their online store but I thought I'd see if you had a suggestion for me first.

I like the high-impact champion bras with adjustable straps (due to the weirdness of my dimensions because I'm way too tall, that's a must!) in either a S or M depending on how it feels when I try it on. Or a 34, cause they switch up their sizing.

They work for most stuff, but I'll still feel it if I'm doing sprints or a really long run.

Thanks Baxus.

Chats, it's so true but sometimes, you gotta live a little. I enjoyed my bread yesterday. Today I am back to the diet that is better for me. But damn, that bread was good. Chinese bread, nom nom.

Day 1: http://i150.photobuc...ss/IMG_1793.jpg

Day 90: http://i150.photobuc...ss/IMG_2043.jpg

There's more but I'm scaring myself, so I need to stop. Jesus Christ. Sometimes 30 pounds seems like it's such a mountain to climb.

I agree with Seli, there is no disgusting flabbiness and you can notice a difference. You look great!

Huge difference Minaku, that is something to be immensely proud of! I wish I had done before and after pics for my weight loss now, it was so gradual over the course of a year and a half that I don't even notice a difference in myself other than the fact I have no ass padding now.

I miss my ass padding.

You look awesome, Min.

I agree with Seli, there is no disgusting flabbiness and you can notice a difference. You look great!

Thanks guys. I'm now wondering how skinny I can get while maintaining 142 pounds. It'll be an adventure! Maybe I'll be a size 12 forever and still somehow look like a model. I *look* like I've probably lost at least 5-7 pounds... but of course, the scale tells me I'm wrong, as do my clothes. It's kind of weird and demoralizing, so I look at my pictures instead to feel a little better.

I won't be able to get to Crossfit until 11/17 at the very least, so now I will fill my time with Insanity. I did the fit test today - not too bad! But I was sweating like hell at the end.

Huge difference Minaku, that is something to be immensely proud of! I wish I had done before and after pics for my weight loss now, it was so gradual over the course of a year and a half that I don't even notice a difference in myself other than the fact I have no ass padding now.

I miss my ass padding.

I dunno AWC, I think being fit makes up for less ass padding.

I dunno AWC, I think being fit makes up for less ass padding.

I wouldn't go so far as to say I am fit. Just a lot less fat and that the toilet is not so comfortable to spend time reading on anymore. Either way, I'm jealous of your progress in a way that only lazy people that can't bring themselves to ramp it up to that level can be.

Day 1: http://i150.photobuc...ss/IMG_1793.jpg

Day 90: http://i150.photobuc...ss/IMG_2043.jpg

there is a lot of difference between these two pictures and in neither one are you disgustingly flabby.

i must ask you not to be too hard on yourself and take your new circumstances into consideration. pregnancy must have left some marks on your body, so you must cut yourself some slack in that department. of course, you should not make an excuse of it, but from what you've posted hear i doubt that will be the case anytime soon.

i have a pretty good idea how you feel because my girlfriend gained some weight last year and last winter she decided to lose it. i'll tell you the same thing i told her, you didn't gain weight overnight, you are not going to lose it overnight. there are no quick fixes, it takes a lot of time and effort (for some more than others) and if you stick to it, the results will come. also, at all times keep in mind that muscle weighs a lot more than fat so it is probably not a good idea to use weight loss as the only measure of progress.

my girlfriend started running with the local road runners club and lost 20lbs or so over last 8-9 months.

i forgot to mention that yesterday she ran in ljubljana as well, and completed her second half-marathon in 2:01:30 improving her personal best by almost 19 minutes.

Min, holy cow~ you look great! you've done some seriously good work. you should be totally proud of yourself! its a huge difference. :bowdown:

and Wooden Chair, I totally commiserate. I miss my ass too...and my boobs, for that matter. but not having ass padding actually makes a difference, I hate sitting on... well... wooden chairs and such now, it is totally uncomfortable. I spend a lot of time in the gym trying to build my ass back up, its one of my biggest challenges because all weight exercises tends to hit (and exhaust) my thighs before my ass. but I'm finally seeing a difference after a year or so of solid work on it. (I kinda wish I had taken before and after pics now, too... just cause its so hard to see such slow progress).

Starkess, thanks for the info... I'll check 'em out.

I wouldn't go so far as to say I am fit. Just a lot less fat and that the toilet is not so comfortable to spend time reading on anymore. Either way, I'm jealous of your progress in a way that only lazy people that can't bring themselves to ramp it up to that level can be.

I actually consider myself to be super lazy, but you have to keep your goals in mind. I'd like to live a long and healthy life and not keel over 30 years before I'm supposed to. And I'd like to live long enough to see my child grow up. I don't think about this stuff every day, but that's essentially what I'm doing this for.

Oh, and to look good. I miss that part too. Narcissism will get you a long way in fitness.

there is a lot of difference between these two pictures and in neither one are you disgustingly flabby.

i must ask you not to be too hard on yourself and take your new circumstances into consideration. pregnancy must have left some marks on your body, so you must cut yourself some slack in that department. of course, you should not make an excuse of it, but from what you've posted hear i doubt that will be the case anytime soon.

I got pregnant over two years ago, almost three years ago. It's only now that I can take the time to care for myself. I'm using other things as metrics - pictures are helpful - but it's puzzling to me why the weight just won't go anywhere. Maybe my body's just really good at equilibrium or something, you know?

Really what it comes down to is that I've hit this goal, but there are always more goals. Next year at this time I hope to look at these pictures and laugh at them.

Min, holy cow~ you look great! you've done some seriously good work. you should be totally proud of yourself! its a huge difference. :bowdown:

and Wooden Chair, I totally commiserate. I miss my ass too...and my boobs, for that matter. but not having ass padding actually makes a difference, I hate sitting on... well... wooden chairs and such now, it is totally uncomfortable. I spend a lot of time in the gym trying to build my ass back up, its one of my biggest challenges because all weight exercises tends to hit (and exhaust) my thighs before my ass. but I'm finally seeing a difference after a year or so of solid work on it. (I kinda wish I had taken before and after pics now, too... just cause its so hard to see such slow progress).

Starkess, thanks for the info... I'll check 'em out.

Thank you, Jade!

Good luck with the ass. I always found that ballet and martial arts did the most for making my ass feel like it's caught on fire.

Archived