ICE CROW

So i have a small question, now that we have the ability to change our avatar from URL back i have noticed one problem. Sometimes it tells me the image is too large to use, when i know that it's dimensions are actually smaller than the image i am currently using. It seems to pick and choose at will what images it will let you use and since it doesn't tell you any actual maximum dimensions, it can get frustrating.

This isn't really an issue as much as a question. How does this site by-pass my ad blocking program? I use ad block plus for chrome and it blocks every ad on every website I've ever been on...except this one. Recently I've noticed that GoT video game add on the top left hand corner under the W. Also with ad block plus I can block things I don't want displayed on the website, for instance I can right click on the profile pictures of users and say block element so then all profile pictures would be blocked. But none of this seems to work for the ads...I'm just curious (:

I have no idea. My only thought is that at some point in the past you decided to whitelist westeros.org.

The ad at the upper right is directly in place rather than being served by an ad server, so that may be why adblock does not remove it. You should be able to turn off profile pictures in your options.

The video game ad was added just a day or two ago. If you have something like Flashblock, that'll do it. But as I said, the reason ad blockers aren't blocking it is that it's not from an adserver or from a URL that matches the rules adblockers have. :)

Question:

My usual browser, Firefox, started crashing yesterday, every time I try to bring up this forum. Is this some Adblock or Noscript problem ? Had anyone else had this problem ?

I've had this problem these last days too. I updated the plug-ins and anything that I found an update for and it seems to be working a little better now. I think it's still a little slower than usual but nothing like it was before. I'll let you know if the problem remains.

ETA: Still working fine. Even better now a few minutes in, actually.

I'm having issues with my Chrome browser the last couple days. I frequently get the notice saying that the pages are non-responsive, and I can either kill or wait. Usually, waiting will resolve it, but it may take up to a minute or two. During this time, it sometimes affect other tabs, too.

I noticed that it is the RPG game ad that seems to not load properly that seems to be trigger. Every time it hangs, the ad space is empty while everything else is filled in.

I switched to Safari now and I noticed that the RPG ad loads a lot faster and I haven't had the page hang on me yet.

OS Mac 10.7, Chrome 19.0.1084.56, Safari 5.1.7

I don't know? :lol:

Hmm... how would I find out about the channel?

I checked the advanced setting for Chrome and I don't see disabling Flash?

But really, not a big deal. I'll just use Safari for this forum for now, and keep Chrome for my other browsing.

Just wanted to pivot off of Kyssetfild about E-mail notifications.

I hadn't said anything before, but all of my settings are still the same, and yesterday, everything seemed fixed- I received notifications going way back, and it took me awhile to delete them all.

I do enjoy getting them, (something to do when I'm on break at work), however, they went away again :frown5:.

Is this a problem on our end?

We've had two email issues; one is that with stack going away at the end of the month, some things were still holding on to it as the MX record and weren't updating my SPF records for segfault. Second one was that, apparently, the IP I got at the datacenter for segfault (this new machine) was previously used by a spammer that got kicked out of the datacenter. Some old blacklist had the IP, and that got propagated back into a few lists (Symantec and RoadRunner, predominantly).

I've tried to deal with both, so hopefully mail should now be flowing out appropriately.

Archived