ICE CROW

Today I tried to cut and paste something into a post that included a link. The post was not accepted - I got a message, "Post too short".

What in heavens does this mean?

I don't know if Ran and Linda have the board set up in any unusual way that might trigger that message, but many Invision setups will complain if you have most of your post be a quote and little real content. Is it possible you accidentally had too much wrapped in quote tags?

• 2 weeks later...

My AV program just told me this site was hazardous and had it blocked...

It seems to have happened to others as well. I had the notice today and another boarder yesterday.

Anyone know what's going on?

Not sure if this is an actual problem or just a change in the firewall at my work. I am now getting a "can't access" error on my work computer with the reason being that "Doman reported and verifiied as serving malware. Identified malicious site via network activity logged during malware analysis."

Just wanted to post that in case there may have been something that snuck through.

My active post count has been stuck at 349 for a while...No idea why.

Have you posted outside Forum Games? The posts in games do not add to the count, so it could be that.

For those who have McAfee siteadvisor, is anybody's showing up as 'red' or unsafe on these forums? A page showed up that said this site is risky to visit, and gave me the option of turning away. I'm wondering if it is actually safe, and that there's no spyware and whatnot going around here.

No one has actually reported being infected with malware. I suspect that an ad at some point has thrown false positives which McAfee and other suites now mistakingly claim are genuine malware.

No one has actually reported being infected with malware. I suspect that an ad at some point has thrown false positives which McAfee and other suites now mistakingly claim are genuine malware.

I get the odd Mcafee alert which is invariably caused by an advert.

I used to get an occasional McAfee warning about blocked content but lately its getting worse. It seems to happen about 1/2 the time now, asking me if I want to get into gen chat which has "risky behaviors". it does still seem to be one of the advertisements that is triggering it.

Specifically it's General Chatter that is pulling this message?

I got it tonight when going to the sign in page, which is where I bookmark to the site.

But otherwise I haven't had the full message, just the little warning banner across the top of the screen. That one is definitely not linked to GC.

Specifically it's General Chatter that is pulling this message?

I get the warning banner across the page now and again for all parts of the forum. but this new McAfee warning trying to block me from the site entirely has been Gen Chat only.

oddly enough, though, right now I'm on a brand new computer at work (24 hours old!) and I can't get it to happen. so it could be more of a problem with my old laptop at home.

I've noticed two potential causes for this, fwiw.

1) Occasionally a questionable ad slips in through AdChoice; Google usually pulls that again quickly, but it can cause warnings. (These are probably the occasional transient warnings.)

2) I've discovered that several Cloudflare IP addresses are flagged as hazardous in some databases; I'm guessing some site that used Cloudflare for traffic management ended up with some nasty malware hosted on it somehow. Since the Westeros setup goes like:

User's computer > Cloudflare cache/downtime indicator > Westeros Varnish cache > Lighttpd > PHP-FPM bytecode cache

...I can see why there'd be a stern 'zomgwtf' warning for some people. I admit I have no clue why that would specifically affect General Chatter, though, so that might be unconnected.

Archived