Is Tommen going to die?

TheColdWinds

Not to sound horrible, but does anyone else care far less about Myrcella than Tommen? We just know so little of the girl, and from what we see, she seems so... flat.

Until Myrcella gets herself some small animals and gives them adorable names, not a single fuck shall be given about her.

Until Myrcella gets herself some small animals and gives them adorable names, not a single fuck shall be given about her.

:lol:

LOL. But seriously, I would be saddened if she died, but I really don't think it would hit me emotionally on the same level as would Tommen's death. Perhaps this is just because Tommen has has so much more character development and screentime, and we know him so much better. However, from the beginning, Myrcella has struck me as a less well developed character.

Of course, you may have a point that I am foolishly taken in by Tommen's conventional "aw shucks!" adorableness and status as an obvious adorable kid/ woobie. However, of the two, he has seemed the more vivid and lifelike from the beginning.

It's cool that Myrcella is pretty, nice, smart, socially adept, and always beats the hell out of her opponent in Cyvesse, but that doesn't really make her all that interesting to me.

And if she ever got kittens, I forsee her calling them non adorable names like "snowflake" or "princess."

Of course, you may have a point that I am foolishly taken in by Tommen's conventional "aw shucks!" adorableness and status as an obvious adorable kid/ woobie. However, of the two, he has seemed the more vivid and lifelike from the beginning.

I don't think it's foolish. I generally get more upset when I see dogs die in movies than when I see humans die. I know it's wrong and not how I'd feel in real life, but I can't help it. Adorable counts.

And Tommen definitely is more well developed than Myrcella, who gets almost no screentime. I'm not expecting Myrcella to end being anything more than a football between Dorne, Darkstar, and Cersei tbh.

The Freys are not allies worth counting on.

At best they could field 4000 men, and that was at the onset of the war.

For the lannisters to hold onto power, they need a great house(ala one of the seven kingdoms) ally, and there are none who would support such a family.

The Freys aren't a power worth rating in the overall scheme of things.

And i expect Tommen to die. Mercy as well.

Why?

Because Cersei needs to rake her face to ribbons and choke on her sorrow.

Cersei is just going to marry Sweetrobin to get the Vale arms.

Not to sound horrible, but does anyone else care far less about Myrcella than Tommen? We just know so little of the girl, and from what we see, she seems so... flat. :dunno:

I couldn't give a pigs fart and a lions piss about either of them.

Both are poisons to the realm, and abominations born of treasonous incest.

Cute kittens and beet banning isn't enough to make them worthy of life, but the conduct of their mother has earned them a kiss from a blade.

Stannis is the true heir, and his will be done!

He's probably a marked boy.

The wrenching twists of books 1-3 have all but died out as of 4-5, what with "not quite dead" being the order of the day and zombies popping up everywhere. I think at least one cruel, innocent death is just the sort of thing we need to make Arya's little "anyone can be killed" creed look more credible. You know, without adding "unless one of our various necromancers can bring them back."

Who better than poor little Tommen?

Eh, maybe Tommen throws a curveball at the prophecy by killing his mum first so he doesn't have to die when slated to by the prophecy because he's already played the valonqar card. Hell, maybe the prophecy only applies to Cercie's own consciousness, meaning that as long as SHE believes her children are all dead, the prophecy is fulfilled. That way they might not have to die. Tommen could wisen up, fake his own death to get out of mom's clutches, and flee the castle to survive.

I think you might have something here. I had this same thought myself, although it may be far fetched. Either Tommen or someone protecting Tommen fakes his death and hides him. Cersei is mad (or madder) and does terrible things to the people he loves (Queen M or kitties) and he sees her for what she really is. Obviously he would need to be several years older, but it would make for some interesting reading for Tommern to be the valonqar. In fact, isn't the translation for valonqar actually "little brother". Cersei is expecting HER little brother, but Tommen is a little brother. It depends on the true meaning of the word. If it means simply "little brother" instead of "your little brother", it could very well mean Tommen will be the one that does her in. Honestly, with Cersei and Jaime as parents, that kid has to have some serious rage and anger just waiting to explode. Any other thoughts on this?

He's probably a marked boy.

The wrenching twists of books 1-3 have all but died out as of 4-5, what with "not quite dead" being the order of the day and zombies popping up everywhere. I think at least one cruel, innocent death is just the sort of thing we need to make Arya's little "anyone can be killed" creed look more credible. You know, without adding "unless one of our various necromancers can bring them back."

Who better than poor little Tommen?

I'm still praying Arya can get out of the FM without having to kill an innocent (since she's obviously not getting out before killing anyone). That said, it would provide her with a way back to Westeros as utterly dark as it would be to have her go through with it. But is she allowed? I thought she wasn't supposed to kill anyone she personally knows or am I imagining it?

You know he's going too, and since he's such a nice and loving kid you can be sure his death will be hellish and brutal in the extreme.

I won't be surprised if he dies at Cersei's trial by combat. The faiths champion will duck under a swing from Roberts massive sword when they are fighting next to the edge of the arena area, were Tommen happens to be standing to get a better view of the action. Roberts sword that missed the faiths champion will be just long enough to accidentally reach and decapitate Tommen. Robert will of course kill the champion with his next swing thus freeing Cersei of her accusations, but her freedom will be bittersweet since it cost her a son and this event will send her even further into madness.

I won't be surprised if he dies at Cersei's trial by combat. The faiths champion will duck under a swing from Roberts massive sword when they are fighting next to the edge of the arena area, were Tommen happens to be standing to get a better view of the action. Roberts sword that missed the faiths champion will be just long enough to accidentally reach and decapitate Tommen.

That would be supremely interesting, if Strong=Gregor, because it would precisely mirror the stable boy situation of Oberyn's death.

I'm still holding out for the literal words of the prophesy, merely crowns and shrouds. Everyone has a shroud eventually. Valar Morghulis.

Also, does anyone else find it interesting that two different poison names are mentioned in the prophesy referring to Cersei's death? She will drown in tears (of Lys) and being strangled (the Strangler) by 'little brother'.

Also, does anyone else find it interesting that two different poison names are mentioned in the prophesy referring to Cersei's death? She will drown in tears (of Lys) and being strangled (the Strangler) by 'little brother'.

There's an idea I haven't heard of, but Maggy says, "after you have drowned in your tears" that the valonqar would wraps his hands around her throat and strangle her. The hands could be the Hand's chain that Tyrion and Tywin wear.

Tommen is going to die. How? That is something I don't have a clue about. It could be an accident like Net-Viper X said, where Tommen dies in a combat mishap where someone accidentally hits Tommen with their weapon.

"Valonqar" means "little brother" right? In Maggie's prophecy, it was only mentioned that the "little brother" would strangle Cersei, but it was not mentioned WHOSE "little brother" it is. Well, Tommen is a "little brother" to Joffrey and Myrcella...

Re: Cersei killing Tommen.

I hate it when authors do an obviously manipulative thing like that-create a likeable, innocent character like a puppy or a child and use them for no other reason but to pull on your heartstrings/make you hate another character.

If Tommen does get killed by his mother, then he will have been created solely to justify Jamie killing Cersei.

That's just sloppy story telling imho and I expect better from Mr Martin.

*ponder ponder*

Perhaps not murder. Because that is sort of...well psycho, even for Cersei. I could almost imagine Lysa doing it, but Cersei isn't quite there yet.

BUT perhaps he could die as an unintentional consequence of her paranoid actions, which sounds far more likely. It also sounds much more like Martin to create an unlikeable character and then do something that we can sympathize with as opposed to creating an unlikeable character and then do something that makes us loathe them more (unless they really are a villain or are going to be redeemed later). This is especially true of narrators.

You know he's going too, and since he's such a nice and loving kid you can be sure his death will be hellish and brutal in the extreme.

I won't be surprised if he dies at Cersei's trial by combat. The faiths champion will duck under a swing from Roberts massive sword when they are fighting next to the edge of the arena area, were Tommen happens to be standing to get a better view of the action. Roberts sword that missed the faiths champion will be just long enough to accidentally reach and decapitate Tommen. Robert will of course kill the champion with his next swing thus freeing Cersei of her accusations, but her freedom will be bittersweet since it cost her a son and this event will send her even further into madness.

See, this would be precisely the sort of thing I'm talking about. I don't know about beheading, but a fatal blow certainly.

It seems that Tommen is likely doomed by the prophecy but damn, he is such a nice, innocent kid who tries his best. The Tyrells could adopt him and his cat after he eventually loses the throne, he gets along with Margaery and Loras so well already. Even if Tommen is a bastard, he is still a Lannister by blood, squared.

GRRM, IF YOU ARE READING THIS, PLEASE CONSIDER MY AND SER POUNCE'S FEELINGS :)

The Tyrells are probably one of the biggest threats to Tommen, because you know that if Aegon is at all successful they'll pull a Tywin and kill Tommen and Myrcella to curry favor with the new regime -- and to have an available "unmarried" virgin daughter.

OR, Myrcella and Tommen are going to be victims of symmetry, Myrcella dying for Rhaenys and Tommen dying for infant Aegon. I wonder if Cersei will be in the throne room when someone places their dead and battered bodies, wrapped in Baratheon gold, at Aegon's/Dany's/Stannis'/[monarch of your choice's] feet.

Greetings! - Let this be my first post after a time of lurking theese forums.

It's interesting to me how almost noone (batr Sand Snake no. 9) mentions the possibility of Tyrells switching sides. They already did this once in the war (from Baratheon to Lannister after Renly's death) and were Targ loyalists during the Rebellion.

Sure, Margaery seems like sweet girl and is nice to Tommen but I'll eat my shoes if she didn't have a hand in, or at least knew about Joff's assassination. It seems not too far fetched to me that the Tyrells might decide that Aegon VI is a much more suitable match and if they're the flower-themed Lannisters they might try to prove their loyalty in the same way Twin did.

I think it would be more symmetrical if Ungregor bashes Tommen's head in no?

Archived