Most Annoying Saying

Anything Patchface says, I know I know oh oh oh.

Like the literary equivalent of nails on a chalkboard to me. So bad that it makes Davos' martyr routine relatively digestible.

I don't know who they're going to cast for this guy, but I already want to punch anyone who even reads for the role.

Edit: good calls above on the dead never die rises again stronger/he's not wrong ones. What's worse, non-sensical solemn tautologies, or emphatic non-statements?

Anything Patchface says, I know I know oh oh oh.

I don't know who they're going to cast for this guy, but I already want to punch anyone who even reads for the role.

:agree:

Also "A Lannister always pays his debts" - I think not.

This pretty much, I always imagine people around her rolling their eyes and waiting for her endless list to end :lol:

Kind of like getting in trouble when you were young and you mom calls you out by your full name, your just expecting to get :spank:

And, yes, Onions. George, Ser, ENOUGH WITH THE SMEGGING ONIONS as the only garnish vegetable in All The Land :). Are there no potatoes in Westeros? If everybody ate that many onions, it's no wonder the realm is constantly at war. Onion breath is evil!

Don't forget the turnips! Enough with the turnips already! How can something including turnips even be called a feast? :drunk:

"My giant of Lannister" - Ugh!

"I am the blood of the Dragon"

Any time a character acts like they are their sigil pisses me off. Unless you are a Stark kid, or possibly a mormont, you are not really the animal that is your sigil. Wargs can act like they are their sigil, but no one else

also any martell reference to waiting, thinking, or patience. Just do something to change the game, and stop being observers.

That saying always reminds me of those prostetic penises they used to implant to transexuals; essentially they had to choose between a 100% flesh penis that was always limp, or a penis with a prostetic filling that would be always erect and live with a perpetual boner (I don´t know if it´s still that way; I watched the documentary ages ago)

Too. much. information.

The 'what is dead can never die' line got incredibly old. 10x worse in the audiobooks.

'Words are wind' seemed like a convenient retort to anything anyone says. I guess it's annoying because 90% of the time people dismiss accurate information so easily by saying it.

One thing I do like is when Stannis says something we've never heard. He and sometimes Tywin Lannister have a way of sounding even more old-fashioned even in a world where everyone speaks in an old-fashioned way. I always think 'that's totally something Stannis would say'.

'Wherever whores go' seemed like too much at first, but when you take into account he hasn't had 11 years to recover from hearing it like many of the rest of us had, it makes a lot more sense.

"Wherever whores go" - It made Tyrion as one of my favorite POVs to something compared to Dany or Brienne :ack: .

"Hodor" - It gets really annoying when you are listening it in audiobooks.

Many of Dany sayings said before - They are just annoying.

They dont really annoy me, I just see it as "local colour".

I hear many sayings over and over in my job, so its true to life to have sayings repeated. "no sugar for me - I'm sweet enough" is my real-life worst example

Paradigm shift

Run it up the flag pole

There's no I in team (but there is an eat me) :rofl:

I hear what you say, but thanks to Dany's result-driven strategy, in synergy with her 24/7 risk management, I feel the team is on the fast track to empower their core business. Performance indicators are good, and only blame culture would make people out of the loop miss the big picture. At the end of the day, it's going to be a win-win outcome, after Martin gets past the pinch point and and delivers another show-stopper with value-added metrics.

I figured Ned's head stuck on a pike and there being several eye witnesses would have done it.

Certainly, but I mean the moment it is being said. I am on a re-read of AGoT and I noticed that it is used more than this once, for instance, Benjen says the exact same thing to Jon.

I hear what you say, but thanks to Dany's result-driven strategy, in synergy with her 24/7 risk management, I feel the team is on the fast track to empower their core business. Performance indicators are good, and only blame culture would make people out of the loop miss the big picture. At the end of the day, it's going to be a win-win outcome, after Martin gets past the pinch point and and delivers another show-stopper with value-added metrics.

Classic!

I'm with Know Nothing who likes Jaime repeating his "Lancel and Kettleback, and Monnboy for all I know".

He's not trying to annoy you, it's a mantra he's using to move to the next level of consciousness, and he needs to move out of Jaime/Cersei. For his soul.

I always wanted to slap Jaime for taking the bit about Moon Boy seriously for so long. He doesn't even consider if its a joke till Lancel's confession.

Archived