NFL Free Agency - Peyton Manning Thunderdome Edition

Jaime L

That money for Sanchez is just ridiculous. Every halfway decent quarterback approaching contract time has to have busted concrete when they heard that news. I heard Joe Flacco's eyebrow raised.

Crazy day in NFL land.

That was the most ridiculous contract ever. Unreal.

I love the offseason this year.

That was the most ridiculous contract ever. Unreal.

I love the offseason this year.

Somewhere a real quarterback is weeping. That report just made me sick. Fuck the Jets, Peyton must now go to Miami. No one else wants to stand up to the Patriots.

Upon further reflection after a shower, I think the 'Skins made a huge mistake here. That's just too high a price for one player, I don't care how good he might be.

Also, I can't believe the Jets just did that. At least the guys the Redskins throw money at don't suck until after they're paid.

Do they really think that making Sanchez the 6th-highest paid QB will make him the 6th best QB? Or even the 32nd best QB for that matter!?!

That's a whole lot of smack.

And yeah, the deal is basically 2 1s and a 2 to move up - and the 1s aren't this year. It's basically what was given for cutler. It's a bet, but it's not a huge death sentence and given how much cap they have this year and the FA pool ( which is huge) its not a killer.

Again, look back at the last 5 years of drafting for your team and tell me if any two 1s and a 2 are better than a good starting qb. I know there's risk, but the reward ( especially dor a team starting gross man and beck) is huge.

I guess I just don't have that level of faith in RGIII. Like, I went to Stanford, I'm the biggest Luck homer on the Board, and if my team (Buffalo) made a trade like this for Luck i'd do a real double take. And I think Luck will probably be a top-5 QB for a long stretch

Well, looks like Cleveland will have to find something new to talk about. At least now we can stop wondering, we never would have matched Washington's offer so no point dwelling on what could have been. Tom Heckert's been flapping his mouth about other QBs in the draft but the smart money is on Colt starting once again. Meh.

Well, looks like Cleveland will have to find something new to talk about. At least now we can stop wondering, we never would have matched Washington's offer so no point dwelling on what could have been. Tom Heckert's been flapping his mouth about other QBs in the draft but the smart money is on Colt starting once again. Meh.

Hey, you can do even worse than Colt McCoy. I'd take him over Mark Sanchez any day.

THank god CLE didnt match that trade in anyway, Dany Snyder litterally just give the Rams a good shot at the 2015 super bowl, and didnt even get the best QB in the Draft. You only make that kind of trade for Andrew Luck.

CLE is now in the best spot in the draft for a trade down,They get to hold the Best CB, WR, and RB hostage.

I think Tannehill will be better then RG3, although Tannehill does have a lower floor.

I wish trade down to 6 with rams for a 2nd or 3rd and Snag Floyd or Tannehill.

McCoy might be able to play if we got some OFF weapons, but you never no.

This is the nightmare scenario... How in the world am I going to hate RGIII? I guess he goes into the Donovan McNabb,section in my mind. He was a QB that played for a team that I couldn't stand, but I liked him as a person and player. I think most of that had to do with him and his Mom's chicken soup commercial. You just can't hate on a guy who loves his Mom like that.

Please Irsay.... Do the right thing and take RGIII instead of Luck. Pretty please.... Pretty please with fucking sugar on it?

I think Tannehill will be better then RG3, although Tannehill does have a lower floor.

That is crazy talk. I watched them both play a vast majority of their games, and there is absolutely no comparison between the two. RGIII was the better QB in every conceivable way.

This is the nightmare scenario... How in the world am I going to hate RGIII? I guess he goes into the Donovan McNabb,section in my mind. He was a QB that played for a team that I couldn't stand, but I liked him as a person and player. I think most of that had to do with him and his Mom's chicken soup commercial. You just can't hate on a guy who loves his Mom like that.

Please Irsay.... Do the right thing and take RGIII instead of Luck. Pretty please.... Pretty please with fucking sugar on it?

That is crazy talk. I watched them both play a vast majority of their games, and there is absolutely no comparison between the two. RGIII was the better QB in every conceivable way.

and yet i disagree, i think tannehill has a high ceiling but a lower floor, so if tannehill is bad he is going to be very bad, but if he is good he is going to be very good.

I think he is alot like Philip Rivers, only Tannehill has the ability to run. They both had trouble with the deep ball in college but could make all the NFL throws.

He has the arm and he is more accurate then i thought he would be coming in to this year.

i like to compare RG3 to mcnabb just a better runner and worse passer.

Also RG3 had Elite WR to throw to. First round guy

So glad my team didnt make a move for RG3.

OUR GM even went as far as to say RG3 is not a once in a life time type of player.

I would do that trade for Andrew Luck in a heart beat.

I personally witnessed Tannehill choke several games this year. He had big leads in the fourth quarter a lot, and came out throwing nothing but interceptions and incompletions. This was supposed to be the year that Texas A&M made a BCS bowl, and with all of that talent, they were barely over .500. The vast majority of the problem was Tannehill.

As far as your McNabb comparison to RGIII, I don't think there is anything to compare their either. McNabb never had the accuracy that RGIII has. I haven't seen a better passer in college since John Elway. Wright is a very good WR, but a lot of the reason for this is that Griffin had the ability to hit him on the numbers in stride 60 yards down field and make it look like a hand off.

u havent seen a better passer since john elway??? for real?

He plays in a horrible Sytem that rarely asks him to make a NFL throw. HE throws the deep ball all the time. thats why he had games of 15-19 300 yards and 3tds

Andrew Luck plays in a pro style system not a gimmick, With crap wide outs and throws the prettiest pass since P manning. ANdrew is also super athletic, had some better measurables then RG3 besides 40 time.

Tannehill is very raw Doesnt have alot of exp playing QB on the elite level, he needs to learn Which is why i compare him to Philip Rivers, if he can sit for a year he can really turn some heads. ALso lead his team for 2 years as a wide out. WHich is why i want him in cleveland TO learn from holmgren, shurmer, chilly all guys who have had EXP in grooming young QBs. let him sit behind McCoy and learn from holmy and if McCoy turns out to be a decent QB you can trade one or the other.

RG3 is going straight into the fire, without getting to sit and it will hurt him. unless the redskins pull a carolina and use a spread like OFF in the NFL he will struggle.

The Redskins needed those 4 picks if they even want to put talent around him, that team really sucks, and are getting older. so he just went to a team where he comes in as the best player with weak talent around him.

ANd indy would be wise not to take him. they have Absolute 0 talent. now they are fireselling all the remaing old talent. Wayne is gone and garcon is gone. clark gone. freeny will be moved.

andrew luck makes players better, cus that stanford team besides the oline is lackluster OFF.

That woman in the soup commercial was an actress pretending to be Donovan's mom.

If RGIII is worth that, what is the Luck slot worth?

I haven't been able to find any info as to whether the Sanchez deal is guaranteed or to what extent the money is up front. It might be a 'gives us an excuse to cut him' extension.

I may switch from being a Saints fan to the Rams. Seriously - after the bounty thing and with this in the works, plus they have a pretty good QB in place.

That woman in the soup commercial was an actress pretending to be Donovan's mom.

If RGIII is worth that, what is the Luck slot worth?

I haven't been able to find any info as to whether the Sanchez deal is guaranteed or to what extent the money is up front. It might be a 'gives us an excuse to cut him' extension.

I may switch from being a Saints fan to the Rams. Seriously - after the bounty thing and with this in the works, plus they have a pretty good QB in place.

extension is for $40.5 million, giving him five years for $58.25 million, $20.5 million fully guaranteed

20.5 mill is to much to just cut him.

ya might be a safe bet to become a rams fan, the saints are going to be hit hard. I think scott fujita who doesnt even play for the saints any more is going to be hit rather hard as well.

Archived