A Thread for Small Questions for ADwD IV

Angalin

Right, Lord Dustin was killed at the Tower of Joy showdown... okay, so it seems that both times Ladies were meant, and Kindle typos one as Lord while hardcover typos the other.

My hardcover (Harper Voyager, pg 333) says lady Dustin and lady Cerwin.

That is what it says in mine, too. But that is Asha's letter. If it is easy, may you please Jon's at page 377?

Just looked: Lord Dustin, Lady Cerwinyn (Harper Voyager, page 377).

That is what it says in mine, too. But that is Asha's letter. If it is easy, may you please Jon's at page 377?

I wouldn't say 'easy' as I still keep all the hardcovers in their amazon cardboard box because I want no speck of dust in them. :)

But I did look it up and it says:

"Beneath Bolton's signature, Lord Dustin, Lady Cerwyn, and four Ryswells had appended their own marks and seals."

But I think it's definitely a typo. The only other explanation would be deliberate misinformation, and I don't think that's the case.

A typo, most likely. But it can be another instance of the unreliable narrator as well. Or a hint that the letter is not completely legitimate.

Yeah, that's what I meant by deliberate misinformation. It could be, and I wonder about the implications.

DwD poss spoilers***

Did anyone else think its odd that Mel list a bag of finger bones while discussing glamour with Jon. Davis lost his during Blackwater and twice we thought him to be dead only to find out otherwise. Then we have Mel in her POV chapter specifically mentioned finger bones as a useful item to work glamour over people.......any connection or am I reaching.......? Just seemed odd to me ;)

DwD poss spoilers***

Did anyone else think its odd that Mel list a bag of finger bones while discussing glamour with Jon. Davis lost his during Blackwater and twice we thought him to be dead only to find out otherwise. Then we have Mel in her POV chapter specifically mentioned finger bones as a useful item to work glamour over people.......any connection or am I reaching.......? Just seemed odd to me ;)

Interesting, never really noticed I guess. Could you provide some text?

Do we have any information about the color of dragon's blood? Or for that matter the blood color of any living things that are not humans. For instance: giants, CotF, dragons, etc.

Their blood is red. Dragon's blood may be flammable but it's a dark red .

Their blood is red. Dragon's blood may be flammable but it's a dark red .

Drogon's blood is described as black in DwD, though.

"The Dragon gave one last hiss and stretched out flat on his belly. Black blood was flowing from the wound where the spear had pierced him, smoking where it dripped onto the scorched sands." ~ Daenerys IX

Trying, inasmuch as one can, to synch up Feast and Dance. In their first chapter, in Volantis, Quentyn and the gang see a pair of jousting dwarves on a pig and a dog. Is Oppo alive at this point? Is there any physical characteristics of Oppo that we can match to one of the dwarf heads that Cersei receives so as to give us an idea of how concurrently events are moving?

Trying, inasmuch as one can, to synch up Feast and Dance. In their first chapter, in Volantis, Quentyn and the gang see a pair of jousting dwarves on a pig and a dog. Is Oppo alive at this point? Is there any physical characteristics of Oppo that we can match to one of the dwarf heads that Cersei receives so as to give us an idea of how concurrently events are moving?

Try this, it's ready. ;)

http://boiledleather.com/post/24543217702/a-proposed-a-feast-for-crows-a-dance-with-dragons

On a recent reread of Dance, I found something small that I was curious about. In the Davos chapter where he gets dropped off at the Sisters, Davos is speaking with Lord Godric.

"The women brought them a fresh loaf of bread, still hot from the ovens. When Davos saw her hand, he stared. Lord Godric did not fail to make note of it. 'Aye, she has the mark. Like all Borrells, for five thousand years. My daughter's daughter. Not the one who makes the stew."

Just wondering if anyone knows what mark they are talking about and any history behind it.

On a recent reread of Dance, I found something small that I was curious about. In the Davos chapter where he gets dropped off at the Sisters, Davos is speaking with Lord Godric.

"The women brought them a fresh loaf of bread, still hot from the ovens. When Davos saw her hand, he stared. Lord Godric did not fail to make note of it. 'Aye, she has the mark. Like all Borrells, for five thousand years. My daughter's daughter. Not the one who makes the stew."

Just wondering if anyone knows what mark they are talking about and any history behind it.

Webbed fingers, a family trait.

Archived