NFL 22: Free Agency part deux

Mexal

On rodgers - one of my knocks against him is his lack of touch on passes, and I bet that correlates to dropped balls. The other is his reaction to pressure. He's a great qb. But he's still not up with the big three for me.

None of them feel right.

I agree. Blue and Orange was the best of the worst. :(

Having to sit through Curtis Painter for a year has certainly desensitized me, but I still miss him already.

When are you guys going to issue me a collective apology on Rodgers?

When he plays the best ball in a season for a second time. Not before.

Also, no offense meant to anyone - but if you willingly choose to grow a neckbeard I can't take you seriously as a QB. Would Brady grow a neckbeard? Would Brees? Would Manning (discounting the fact thatt nothing could actually cover that gargantuan neck of his)?

Clearly not.

The best QBs that have ever played have not had neckbeards.

Also, no offense meant to anyone - but if you willingly choose to grow a neckbeard I can't take you seriously as a QB. Would Brady grow a neckbeard? Would Brees? Would Manning (discounting the fact thatt nothing could actually cover that gargantuan neck of his)?

Clearly not.

The best QBs that have ever played have not had neckbeards.

This man speaks wisdom.

In other news; I stumbled upon this old pic of Kurt Warner immediately after Superbowl 43

http://0.tqn.com/d/p...superbowl11.jpg

Looks like Ben Roethlisberger is shanking him... :crying:

ETA:

Brady would grow a neckbeard for the same reason that Brady wears tiny hats - to prove to everyone that nobody tells Brady what's cool and groovy.

That's true.

Tom Brady: "I don't play by anybody's rules, except my own. And even then, I rarely play by my own rules. Because I don't play by anybody's rules."

Was watching a re-run of Jimmy Fallon from Superbowl Week, and he had Timmy Tebow as a guest.

I've got to say, the guy's actually pretty funny. He didn't have that super-holy, oh-golly-I-just-wanna-please-Jesus bullshit going on and he was quite likeable. Sorta reminded me of Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning in the sense that they don't take themselves too seriously.

He never once mentioned his lord and savior, he was able to mock himself, and he seemed like the kind of guy I wouldn't hate to be in a room with.

There was a great moment when Jimmy Fallon had him sign a jersey and then said "I was going to have you throw this into the crowd. Are you cool with that?"

And Tebow's response was "Oh, I could give that a try... I've been working on my throwing motion, you know."

All in all, I saw a non-religious-douche side of him and I liked it. I wonder if that's how he acts around his teammates, because I know I'd go insane if he was constantly preaching/praying during film/practice/lunch.

Eh, anyway, I just thought I'd comment that the guy doesn't appear completely unlikable when he's not coming out of a sporting event.

So far the Cutler/Marshall combo is 15-17 together, and that includes the Hochali Bowl. Maybe it will get better, but Cutler got so zoned in on Marshall in the past that no one else mattered.

There were also a few that got dropped, including not allowing his then GF to leave the driveway by blocking her in.

Cutler/Marshall combo was 15-17 due to the fact that their defense was atrocious in 08. Zone in on marshall and use devin hester in the role of eddie royal at that time. DH isnt as good at wr as Eddie, but more dangerous than anyone in the leauge when he has the ball in his hands.

This man speaks wisdom.

In other news; I stumbled upon this old pic of Kurt Warner immediately after Superbowl 43

http://0.tqn.com/d/p...superbowl11.jpg

Looks like Ben Roethlisberger is shanking him... :crying:

ETA:

That's true.

Tom Brady: "I don't play by anybody's rules, except my own. And even then, I rarely play by my own rules. Because I don't play by anybody's rules."

You forget about hall of famer Dan Fouts. Great arm and epic neck beard!

The greatest QB to have ever played at your alma mater had a mighty one in the day. Had he played with a team with a defense in the 80's, he'd be considered the Joe Montana of quarterbacks.
Actually you can clearly see that he doesn't have a neckbeard - his neck is visible under the beard. He actually just has an awesome beard.

This, BTW, worries me greatly about Andrew Luck. He goes for neckbeard sans mustache, which never looked good on anyone, including Honest Abe. He may not be able to make it in the pros.

Ben Grubbs signs with New Orleans for 36 million. I'll admit, I was really hoping the Redskins would get him, but I doubt we would have matched that offer. I really hope we find someone to help with O line depth becuase that was a huge concern last year, and frankly the injury bug didn't hit the O line as hard as it could have.

Mex - Did something happen? Or is it just many things not happening?

Ben Grubbs signs with New Orleans for 47 million. I'll admit, I was really hoping the Redskins would get him, but I doubt we would have matched that offer. I really hope we find someone to help with O line depth becuase that was a huge concern last year, and frankly the injury bug didn't hit the O line as hard as it could have.

Mex - Did something happen? Or is it just many things not happening?

Actually, Grubbs signed for 5 year, 36 million deal which is a remarkably good deal. They get one of top 5 LG in the game for 2 mil less than Nicks. Great move by the Saints.

I'm just disheartened by everything I learn from the Bengals. Marvin Lewis came out a few weeks ago saying that we won't be active in FA, we'll just focus on signing our own. Well, our top 6 FA were Reggie Nelson, Pat Sims, Frostie Rucker, Jonathan Fanane and Manny Lawson. Guess how many of them we've signed? 0. And two of them have already signed with other teams.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like Sims, Fanene and Rucker were massive pieces of the puzzle but they were homegrown talent that spent years in the system and became part of one of the best DL rotations in the league. With them gone, our depth just gets infinitely worse and we don't really have any replacements on the roster. So what was a strength is now a weakness. If we sign Kendall Langford from Miami, all will be well as he's more talented than both of them, but that's a pretty big if. And if FA up until this point is anything to go by, they'll lowball the shit out of him.

I understand the strategy though. They're trying to save money for next year when Atkins, Dunlap, Gresham and Shipley all become free agents (by the way, how fucking great was this draft?). It's just tough to watch us have all this cap space and spend none of it. If they resign those 4 to extensions and avoid this shit next year, then FA will be a massive success. If they don't, fuck my life.

Ben Grubbs signs with New Orleans for 36 million. I'll admit, I was really hoping the Redskins would get him, but I doubt we would have matched that offer. I really hope we find someone to help with O line depth becuase that was a huge concern last year, and frankly the injury bug didn't hit the O line as hard as it could have.

Grubbs is the first Raven to sign elsewhere that I know I will actually miss. A couple of guys on the D signed elsewhere too, but it's kind of taken as an article of faith around here that nobody on the Ravens D will go anywhere and be as good as they were for the Ravens. Actually, this is true mostly for D-linemen and linebackers; not sure about the secondary.

Funnily enough, Grubbs was the 29th pick of the 1st round in 2007, which is the very pick the Ravens have this year. Seems to be the pick range where quality interior linemen can be found, so if that's who they're looking at, I hope they can find someone to come close to filling his shoes.

Funnily enough, Grubbs was the 29th pick of the 1st round in 2007, which is the very pick the Ravens have this year. Seems to be the pick range where quality interior linemen can be found, so if that's who they're looking at, I hope they can find someone to come close to filling his shoes.

Some great O-Line prospects in the back end of the first round and the 2nd round. Very deep class.

This, BTW, worries me greatly about Andrew Luck. He goes for neckbeard sans mustache, which never looked good on anyone, including Honest Abe. He may not be able to make it in the pros.

You shut up! You stop that treason right where it starts! :tantrum:

No, Lucky has more of a Kurt Warner thing going on where it's pretty much just artistic scruff. It doesn't look completely bad.

^ That's my story and I'm sticking to it.^

Anyway, anyone else think that Andrew Luck looks like Dane Cook mixed with this guy from 'Prison Break'?

Archived