NFL 22: Free Agency part deux

Mexal

Bush would be a great signing, but even Mike Zimmer has to know that Newman is finished. It makes sense he is visiting there as Zim was his first coach.

Not only did my Boys get Orton, which is a very respectable backup QB, but we just landed the best CB in free agency Brandon Carr. We got him at the relative bargain price of 7 million a year. That is less money than Finnegan inked for, and far less than if we would have gotten Asomgaugh last year.

Now, we need a good safety and guard and we'll be pretty good this year

I think they will have to draft those. Today they signed basically a backup guard in Mackenzy Bernadeau. He had one start in Carolina last year and 20 starts total in his 4 year career. My guess is that they are moving on from old guys Derrick Dockery and Montrae Holland. This guy provides youth and depth at guard. Remember they drafted David Arkin, who was essentially a red shirt, and Bill Nagy who got injured after a few starts. So I dunno that I want them to pay huge money on a guard. Depending on what they do with the rest of free agency they could go guard in the early rounds of the draft, Stanford's David DeCastro will probably be there at the 14th pick. Center? Maybe.Center Chris Myers is still available athough he is 30.

At safety there aren't really any names that pop out you at free agency and this is said to be a weak draft class, Alabama's Mark Barron is considered a mid first round talent.

I'm very happy with the Orton signing. He's an outstanding insurance plan.

Oh and Dallas moved on From fullback Tony Fiammetta and signed Houston's Lawrence Vickers. Commodore or anyone familiar with Houston...this guy any good? I really liked Fiammetta.

Bush would be a great signing, but even Mike Zimmer has to know that Newman is finished. It makes sense he is visiting there as Zim was his first coach.

I think Bush was would be an ok signing if they don't give him starter money and they still draft a RB in the first two rounds. If they do that, great signing. If they don't do that because they signed Bush, terrible signing. There are too many good RB in this draft not to get one because they signed an average Michael Bush.

Newman is depth. I think he's done too and I don't want him to sign but this isn't the first time Zimmer has brought in someone who was pretty much done and turned them into a decent role player (Roy Williams anyone?). He's certainly not my first choice and he won't keep us from drafting a CB but he might be ok depth at a cheap price.

Looks like Bush and the Law Firm are visiting the Bengals. Gotta say, don't like either move if it keeps us from drafting a RB in round 2. We'll see.

Good, I don't want to give up BJGE! Is he like the best RB ever? No. But he works really well in our offense and I can't get over his however-many-hundreds of touches and no fumbles. Yeah, so he wants more money than we want to give him, but I hope we can work something out. Want my Law Firm!

I don't know why we're going after Michael Bush though; I thought Forte/Barber was a perfectly reasonable combination of RBs and the problem is the oline.

Even leaving out the issues of lining up wrong and costing a game winning touchdown or not being able to keep himself from running out of bounds to keep the clock going, Barber is a train wreck in general. Getting older and just...ugh. While he might add something, what I don't know, he doesn't add the depth at the position if Forte would go down again for multiple games.

I think they will have to draft those. Today they signed basically a backup guard in Mackenzy Bernadeau. He had one start in Carolina last year and 20 starts total in his 4 year career. My guess is that they are moving on from old guys Derrick Dockery and Montrae Holland. This guy provides youth and depth at guard. Remember they drafted David Arkin, who was essentially a red shirt, and Bill Nagy who got injured after a few starts. So I dunno that I want them to pay huge money on a guard. Depending on what they do with the rest of free agency they could go guard in the early rounds of the draft, Stanford's David DeCastro will probably be there at the 14th pick. Center? Maybe.Center Chris Myers is still available athough he is 30.

At safety there aren't really any names that pop out you at free agency and this is said to be a weak draft class, Alabama's Mark Barron is considered a mid first round talent.

I'm very happy with the Orton signing. He's an outstanding insurance plan.

Oh and Dallas moved on From fullback Tony Fiammetta and signed Houston's Lawrence Vickers. Commodore or anyone familiar with Houston...this guy any good? I really liked Fiammetta.

I still think that the Cowboys have to address Safety in free agency. They either need to resign Abram Elam, or someone else. Barry Church is our starting SS as of today, and I just think that would be a disaster. I would also take a pass on Barron. He is not all that much higher rated than the rest of the top class of safeties and you can pick up someone else of his skill set in the third round. I think it is a huge reach to take a safety in the mid first round.unless he has lit the entire world on fire.

Arkin and Nagy both looked good in last years preseason, but Nagy clearly outplayed the higher draft pick. He then went on and showed that he wasn't ready for the big leagues when the season started. I am not sure that either of them is going to work out. Maybe a full year in the system will be able to show great results, but I wouldn't want to count on that.

I like Fiametta a lot as well, but Vickers is probably the best fullback in the league. He has been opening semi truck size holes for Foster and Tate, and I definitely see an upgrade. Murray is going to have a monster season behind him, and I fully expect Houston's run game to drop in production.

Finally, I hope we address the imminent loss of Laurant Robinson in the draft. I would reach a bit for Wright from Baylor. Another Baylor player that I hope we pick up is Gannaway in the mid rounds. His bruising style would be a perfect offset to Murray, and I just don't have much confidence in the ability of Felix Jones to stay healthy. ,

Vickers is decent (as far as fullbacks go), but he's no Vonte' Leach, and he's not very versatile.

Even leaving out the issues of lining up wrong and costing a game winning touchdown or not being able to keep himself from running out of bounds to keep the clock going, Barber is a train wreck in general. Getting older and just...ugh. While he might add something, what I don't know, he doesn't add the depth at the position if Forte would go down again for multiple games.

Ehh, Barber is kinda blahhhh.... He's not a hinderence to a team, but he doesn't bring anything to the table either. I think that you have to move on if an option presents itself, Bush is a very tough runner and while he's not a bruiser, he's got a general straight-ahead mentality.

Bush would be good behind Forte because Bush can be an every-down back, so Forte wouldn't have to worry about being overworked like he was last year. 900+ yards in week 10 is fucking ridiculous. It means you've got your man working way too much and taking years off his life.

A little more about Barber. The guy is most certainly just ehhhhh.... Trust me, I've seen a lot of mediocre running backs in Indianapolis since The Edge left.

The Jaguars have a new WR (Laurent Robinson), I don;t think anyone cares.

https://twitter.com/...058861514924032

Whether Jacksonville ends up starting Blaine Gabbert or Tim Tebow, Robinson's precise route running should be a boon to help the precision of either young QB as they take a three step drop and throw on time 20 feet over Robinson's head.

FO's come out with their adjusted interception list which is generally great for a few reasons First it highlights guys who are just increidbly unlucky like Eli Manning in 2010 and his 25 picks (turns out he's pretty good). It also highlights guys who got lucky the year before and are probably more terrible than their stats would have us believe (i.e. Mark Sanchez had 15 dropped interceptions in the year before last). Lastly, and most importantly, it's finally an award the Sex Cannon can win.

Sadly he does not. He's only fourth, but we're trying to get a recount. #1 is Carson Palmer who somehow played worse than he looked last year. He benefited from 9 dropped INTs. Caleb Hanie though had the highest should-be-intercepted rate of anyone. He can't go 11 passes without having 1 that should be picked. Neverthless he still should've beaten Tim Tebow last year if Marion Barber III doesn't inexplicably run out of bounds as they're running the clock out (and no I cannot let that game go).

Last on the list is Aaron Rodgers who even though he threw only 6 interceptions, didn't benefit from a single dropped INT all year. As great as he was, he was actually unlucky. The only other surprise is that despite his reputation, Tony Romo was actually super careful with the ball last season.

Archived